Which do you prefer? Vampire Lord or Werewolf?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Benthos

Proud Mer
Haha! Wereslaughterfish would be interesting....but yea I was exploring and got destroyed by a pack of 5 werebears on the side of one of the hills/mountains or somewhere...but I was just walking along and, there they were! haha. Werebear is weird to say, it doesn't sound all that scary...my brain seems to associate it with the word "CareBear"...hmm.

Personally I would like to be a WereSabrecat (probably the Vale variety from Dawnguard..their markings are cool...ha)...I'd be sneaky, fast, and be good at melee all at the same time...AND have long fangs. Anyway, enough with the "barely on topic" stuff, lol

I also wish there was a 1st person view. And I've never tried sneaking as a werewolf, but I assume you can't do that either.
Was this in the DLCs or on the main land? WereSabreCats would be awesome. Sneaking as a werewolf isn't possible, there's no option to sneak around especially since as soon as anyone sees you, the entire town flips out. If they see you transform, this effects your gameplay as a human in the holds as well. Another awesome idea: WereHorker!!! Now Cicero's story has validation!

Two Bears

Well, depending on type of character, either can be better. Arguably, the vampire lord form is more useful, as you can regenerate health, have a greater variety of powers and can change in and out of it at will. Of course, a number of those powers are fueled by magicka, so if you aren't a magic-heavy character you may not find those useful. Conversely, the werewolf form does more damage per strike but much of that raw damage is tied to your stamina pool, so if don't have loads of stamina you are going to be in some trouble.

In terms of RP preference it all depends on what character I am playing. Sometimes I want a werewolf. Sometimes I want a vampire. Sometimes I just want to be a man.

Oh, and confirming that TES werewolves are not immortal. Not that this matters in playing your character. Nobody ages in-game.

jonathan90

well known member
5284743-1348256028.jpg I am choosing to become a vampire too,maybe one day after I complete the vampire hunters quests. I will get serana to bite me in the neck...aaawwwww, yeah baby!!!!!she is the hottest darkest vampire chick I have ever seen in my dragon born life!!!!<3:rolleyes:please bite me serana baby!!!

HenryTheDragon

I am choosing to become a vampire too,maybe one day after I complete the vampire hunters quests. I will get serana to bite me in the neck...aaawwwww, yeah baby!!!!!

Lol I did a cool thing that all humans want to, make her cure herself. I would do it to all dear vampires but since they are all aggressive I can't help.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Mmmmmmm baby!

ScreenShot62_zpsf3cbf128.jpg

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Uh no they do not have immortality... not in Skyrim version they do not. Kodlak rambles on about getting old and going to Sovngarde... so no they do not have immortality. Find me a werewolf that is as old if not older than Lord Harkon, and we'll talk :)

And you're wrong again. Werewolves are also hated and hunted by mortals. You have the Silver hands and the Vigilants of Stendar who hunts them down.

It may not stop aging and thats what kodlak fears,because he probably hasn't heard of anyone older than him, but he fears being killed and not going to sovngarde.

I forgot about the silver hand, but i've heard of no vigils after them.

It is only when you become a werewolf, is when people start talking, fearing and hating.
Though Lycanthropy could have done with more characteristics and a better story.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
If you a vampire you will not be able to be at the beach working on your tan ... lol ... :) and enjoy the beauty of the Skyrim landscaping during daytime ... I also don't want to continue being an animal ( werewolf ) and never be able to get the resting bonus when sleeping .. that's terrible ... I have enough being half dragon and half human .... :bluedragon:

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
If you a vampire you will not be able to be at the beach working on your tan ... lol ... :) and enjoy the beauty of the Skyrim landscaping during daytime ... I also don't want to continue being an animal ( werewolf ) and never be able to get the resting bonus when sleeping .. that's terrible ... I have enough being half dragon and half human .... :bluedragon:

Use the Lover Stone and get the rested bonus full time and permanently.

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
Was this in the DLCs or on the main land? WereSabreCats would be awesome. Sneaking as a werewolf isn't possible, there's no option to sneak around especially since as soon as anyone sees you, the entire town flips out. If they see you transform, this effects your gameplay as a human in the holds as well. Another awesome idea: WereHorker!!! Now Cicero's story has validation!
omg, werehorkers! yes, it would be the only valuable thing that came out of cicero's mouth hahaha jk.

and the werebears are on Solstheim(Dragonborn DLC)! I'm wondering if anyone has come out with a mod to make the player's werewolf form into a bear, cat etc...not that I would benefit being on a 360 haha but I'm curious if anyone's tried it, or if it's possible...

Invader Vin

and the werebears are on Solstheim(Dragonborn DLC)! I'm wondering if anyone has come out with a mod to make the player's werewolf form into a bear, cat etc...not that I would benefit being on a 360 haha but I'm curious if anyone's tried it, or if it's possible...

There are numerous transformation mods out there actually. So far I've seen mods for transformations into demons, elemental spirits, weredragons, werefoxes, weretigers and of course a transformation mod for werebears.

As far as the topic at hand goes, I prefer werewolves because they are more direct, fast and powerful. I don't find the limited time for transformation to be that bad of a factor either because I can usually clear out all enemies within the vicinity anyways and I more often than not wind up building more time than I need after devouring the corpses. This means I need to use the wait function to pass a couple hours or so to revert back.

Benthos

Proud Mer
For some reason I still suffer from too much weight being carried, as a Breton this doesn't apply to her when I transform into the Vampire Lord whether the enchanted boots with fortify carry weight get carried over or the weight doesn't transfer over, either way, with my Argonian who is a vampire now, he can't go anywhere because he's over encumbered. The werewolf never had this problem and whenever I was out in the fields trying to get some place fast with too much stuff, I transform into the werewolf and can run no problem but with the Vampire Lord, I can't fly, I can't dash, nothing. As if I'm butt naked with too much crap in my pockets. It doesn't help either that I can't go through semi-decent walkways, through doors, etc with him either. These are SERIOUS flaws with the Vampire Lord in comparison since I like to be able to move and fight, not get killed because it takes too long to transform and when I finally do, I can't avoid any attacks.

It may not stop aging and thats what kodlak fears,because he probably hasn't heard of anyone older than him, but he fears being killed and not going to sovngarde.

I forgot about the silver hand, but i've heard of no vigils after them.

It is only when you become a werewolf, is when people start talking, fearing and hating.
Though Lycanthropy could have done with more characteristics and a better story.
This isn't a fear of he may not be able to go but the because he's not allowed to go to Sovngarde, werewolves go to Hircine's hunting grounds, they have no say in the matter.

I like to chase bunny rabbits as a werewolf. Werewolf for me. :)

I prefer Vampire Lord because all that fur makes me want to scratch all the time. I like a good night's sleep too. Having "beast blood" makes me wake up tired and irritable. Lover's Comfort? Not a chance. Being a Werewolf costs a fortune in shampoo and conditioner.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
because of the limited time u have as a wearwolf Its defo the vampire lord for me, also I hate being a vampire because stamina (magic/health) does not regenerate during daylight, try running somehwere and run out of stamina its friken annoying :sadface: there both aload of pl***e I want something new something refreshing I want a wearbear or a wearduck or a wearskeever anything to get me away from both those awfull choices.
I'll take the wereduck! Or maybe a werechicken! That would be so cool!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I would be very careful if I were you. Dagmar is a bunny defender. She would kill anyone on sight if she finds out that anyone or anything is endangering her bunnies.
How's about a werebunny? Get a group of them together and I bet even a werewolf would run!

orca45

I am for the people not against them ... a werewolf all the way !! :bluedragon:

orca45

I’ll be willing to become a blood-sucker-inthemiddleofthenight-freaking-vamp ... IF AND ONLY IF she bites me :

images-1.jpeg

... and we will live together and love each other for ever ... what a woman ! ... lol .. :confused:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts