Where or where are the Daedra Hearts?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agentoringe

Ah, yeah, the most reliable source is enthir at the college of winterhold, he's the black market guy on the second floor of the hall of countenance, first room to your left. Every 2 days he has a black soul gem, grand soul gems filled and/or empty, and always 2 daedra hearts, so all you gotta do is buy 2, wait 2 days right there in his room, buy 2 more...repeat, the shrine of mehrunes Dagon is a good one too, you have to do the museum quest in dawn star to acquire the mehrunes razor, you can get 5-7 per run, but only after the area refreshes, there is good loot in there too, including several gold bars, but again, not sure what the respawn time is on the shrine, the most reliable and consistent way is with enthir though.

Hope it helps man! :)

Agentoringe

When I did it I "farmed" enthir about 10 times, which is 20 in game days, and Then I would go back and visit the shrine, however the shrine resets every in game week ( just looked it up lol) so you can farm enthir, then after the 4th buy, go to the shrine, then go back to him...you can accumulate alot of them really quickly, lol, OH, and I may be mixed up on which hall he's in, of he's not in countenance then he's obviously in attainment, either way he's the first room on the left at the top of the stairs lol I DO remember that much lol

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Another option is just make the rounds at the potion vendors. Anyone that sells ingredients might have one, though not with the certainty of Enthir. But if Winterhold or Mehrune's shrine is out of your way you can still potentially find some.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I tried all the options except the Mehrune's shrine one (that's next, but I have a lot of Quests to clear first) and none of them work. There are no vendors that have Daedra Hearts and Enthir doesn't even have an offer to do it. I'll try again tonight, but, apparently on my version on the PS3 I'm stuck with finding them where I can. Oddly, I don't have this issue with black soul gems (my favorite!).

Agentoringe

lol yeah, you have to initiate the right dialogue w enthir before he will sell stuff, and he has to be in his room before its an option

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Well, I'm Harbinger and there seems to be a Daedra Heart on a plate near my room every 10 days. In Valerica's Study there's also a Daedra Heart every 10 days. Enthir sells 2 to me every time I go to him. Mehrune's Dagon quest.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
While I've found a few "Hearts" during my travels while eliminating necromancers & conjurers, is there a more effective way to locate them? I'm thinking, perhaps of the Atronach Forge?

Advice?

There are four ways to get them. If you want to get them for free and every week, go to the Mehrunes Dagon shrine and and the four dremora you face, they will give you a Daedric Heart; during the quest the Star of Azura, you also get 2 more; during the quest Walking Nightmare in Dawnstar, there are 2 more in a shelf; if you finish the Companion, there will be one more in your quarter every week by the way and finally, Enthir will sell you one or two anytime you do business with him. ;)

I think you need to have Enthir as a fence via the thieves guild questline before he will sell them to you. Then you can get 2 every 48 hours.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
you need to have Enthir as a fence via the thieves guild questline before he will sell them to you. Then you can get 2 every 48 hours.
Thanks. Here we go again with the stupid Thieves Questline. I suppose I just better get it over with. Apparently I'll not be allowed to get anything else done until I do. Sheesh... I am not looking forward to it.

JClarke1953

If you've already been in the Soul Cairn after killing Harkon, Valerica's lab has one in it, as well as black soul gem's. and you can go get them every few day's. I'm not sure of the re-spawn time, but they're there.

Agentoringe

I think you need to have Enthir as a fence via the thieves guild questline before he will sell them to you. Then you can get 2 every 48 hours.

Ah, no sir, all you have to do is talk to him at the college choosing the option that says "I understand your an elf that knows how to get things." to which he will reply something like "shh not here, meet me in my room" then he can sell stuff no problem, or you can just speak with him when he's in his room and a convo option that says "can we do business?" should be there, to which he replies " blah blah I you got the coin" to which you reply "I do, question is what do you have" then he opens shop menu.

Grob

Ah, no sir, all you have to do is talk to him at the college choosing the option that says "I understand your an elf that knows how to get things." to which he will reply something like "shh not here, meet me in my room" then he can sell stuff no problem, or you can just speak with him when he's in his room and a convo option that says "can we do business?" should be there, to which he replies " blah blah I you got the coin" to which you reply "I do, question is what do you have" then he opens shop menu.

You sometimes lose the option to barter with him if he is not talked to about doing business when you approach the end of the College of Winterhold quests. This can be fixed on PS3 by wearing Arch-Mage robes, or on Xbox, PS3 and PC by completing the Thieves Guild. You don't actually have to complete the Thieves Guild to talk to him, just if you completed the College before talking to Enthir.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Thanks. Here we go again with the stupid Thieves Questline. I suppose I just better get it over with. Apparently I'll not be allowed to get anything else done until I do. Sheesh... I am not looking forward to it.
Nah. Just join the college and speak to him there about business.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
The Mehrune's Razor quest.
This is my preferred method. After completing the Mehrunes Dagon Daedric quest four dremora spawn at his shrine ever 2-3 days netting you up to four free hearts, a number of gold and ebony ingots, and various assorted loot.

Agentoringe

This is my preferred method. After completing the Mehrunes Dagon Daedric quest four dremora spawn at his shrine ever 2-3 days netting you up to four free hearts, a number of gold and ebony ingots, and various assorted loot.

The spawn time for the shrine is actually 7 in game days, so 4 a week, with enthir you can acquire 2 per 2 days, 6 per week+ the shrine ya got 10 :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I have hundreds of them throughout travels, I've always found that when you're not looking for something you always find heaps of it. Just one of the curses when you want something it's never there, when you don't want something it's always popping up. Though the ways mentioned above are the faster more reliable way to find them. A good deal of higher level Necromancers/Mages have them on their bodies.