Open When in Skyrim, Do As The...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek awoke in a warm bed in an unfamiliar room. He had not forgotten the night before, however. He wasn't sure what to think; he felt as if he'd betrayed again.
    He sat up in bed and saw her - a nord woman with blonde hair, facing the wall. He laid a kiss on her cheek and got out of bed. After getting dressed he did the only reasonable thing he could think of doing: He left a note.

"This'll do" He thought as he placed the note on the bedside table. He then tiptoed out the room and went back to the inn. He barged through the door in a hurry and greeted Keerava. He leaned on the bar and chatted with her while he waited for the others to join him, looking at the stairs every now and then. He seemed impatient.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath opened his eyes, not feeling the usually groggy, sleep, feeling. It was a beautiful morning in Skyrim. Birds were chirping, a cool breeze was blowing, the local guards were chatting and laughing near the front gate. Rath stepped out side the city and began to run. His armor moved with his body, preventing a lot of noise, but they still made a noticeable clang with each step. "1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4" Rath said as he ran in tune with his own beat. He Ran until he approached an Orcish stronghold. "Halt. Outsiders are not welcome here!" Rath nodded and turned back Running back to town. slightly faster than before.

He entered the Inn slightly out of breath and approached the counter. "Keerava." The Argonian woman turn from washing dishes. "Yes, child?" Rath unbuckled his helmet. "Where could I bathe at?" She chuckled. "The lake." Rath crossed his arms. "I don't want to swim in my own blood. I know this town has a bath house I just do not know where." "On the docks there's a building left of the dock entrance. It holds the Bath house." Rath nodded. "Thank you, Keerava." He said as he walked out the door.

The bathhouse was empty, Rath liked it that way. He started unstrapping his armor and placing it to the side. He stepped a few feet back from the pool. Suddenly he took off and jumped, tucking mid air for a clean and fluid front flip into the water. He swam around for a bit before stopping. "This is nice." The pool had a deep end as well as a shallow end. He swam over to the shallow end and began to bathe himself.

Finishing he dried himself off with a quick blast of heated air and quickly re-equipped his armor before going to the stables. Once he arrived at the stables he began preparing the horses for their departure.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    For once, Myra was the last to wake up. She hardly remembered the night before, only that she had met a stranger who seemed to have come in the Inn just at the perfect moment. She had felt so insecure and... now she remembered. She got up and got dressed, and gathered her things up to put in the cart. After bringing it all downstairs and setting it next to Thorek, saying good morning, she noticed that everyone but Corelas and Rumare were awake. It was just about time to leave, so she figured she wake them up. She didn't know where Corelas was, but she knew how to find him. After asking Keerava which room he was in, she went and dragged him out. He was not a morning person like Myra at all. She was almost positive he didn't open his eyes once the whole morning. She went back upstairs to wake up Rumare. Something felt off, though. Strange. She hesitated to open his door. She instead knocked on it. "You awake yet?"

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek laughed slightly;
    "Better get used to early mornings with this caravan. You ever been in an army? You gotta be battle-ready from the second you wake up."
    Thorek said this as if to say "I don't think you'd cut it" but he didn't want to be that blatantly mean, for the sake of his own character.

Thorek turned around at the bar to face Keerava, who looked up from polishing a glass. "You get much sleep last night?" He said casually.
    "I tossed and turned a bit," She said. "Question is whether you got any sleep last night." She said with a slight laugh, winking. It seems word travels fast in Riften.
    Thorek looked suddenly embarrassed and meant to divert the conversation; "Oh, uh.. No, I guess." He replied and coughed, rubbing the back of his neck.
    "It's all right dear," Keerava said, "I don't mean to spread anything around. Not like it's my business." She said, returning to her duties.
    "Oh.. well, thanks." He said, still red-faced, turning back to how he was before beside Corelas.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    "I didn't get any complaints from anyone. Of course, I had a giant hammer, and they weren't allowed to carry their swords outside of training or cleaning. You don't screw with the troop smith when you're unarmed and he's cranky.", he replied, glaring at Thorek. When he was tired, or in his case only partially conscious, he was far less afraid of everything, and didn't tend to monitor what he said.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen woke up slowly, feeling another presence of another in his bed. But...Who...He turned to see Kaalys lying next to him, not stirred by his waking. His memory of what had happened the night prior was hazy, but he knew one thing: This was going to be a strange morning. With a small huff, he stood out of the bed and stretched, his muscles sore from the fighting. He placed his hands on his sides and laughed. Yeah. The fight. That's exactly what it was. So far it was going all right, until a soft voice came from behind him, and broke the silence. "No way."

Kaalys rose, looking at Carenen's back, and let out her disbelief in a small phrase, causing Carenen to turn around. They just looked at each other for a moment, trying to gauge the other's feelings about what had happened just hours ago. Carenen walked over and grabbed her clothes and placed them on the bed for her, a small smirk on his face. "Good morning, Milady." Kaalys didn't know whether to blush or slap him, so she did both. Carenen stepped back, but only let out a groggy laugh. "That's the Kaalys I remember." She shook her head and got dressed, as Carenen did the same. "If I didn't love you..." She muttered, but she knew he had heard it. His ears had always been much too sensitive for her liking.

As they got dressed, Carenen looked to Kaalys, his mind racing for what was to happen in the days to come? She had been sent to kill him, orders from her father no doubt. Would she go through with it? He shook his head. No. She had every opportunity to do so last night, but the dagger in the back never came. Maybe she..."Kaalys?" Carenen spoke aloud, hoping Kaalys would respond. After a moment, he pulled up his boots and turned to her, and saw that she was troubled. He sat next to her on the bed, and was about to ask again, but a knock came to the door. "You awake yet?" Carenen looked at the door, concerned, and felt Kaalys creeping towards the window. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him, a look of confusion plastered on his face. "Where are you going?" She shook her head and tried to pull free. "She won't like that I'm here, Carenen. I need to get out of here." He hushed her, and another knock came. He spoke aloud to Myra, hoping she would listen. "Yeah, we- I will be right down."

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Myra that feeling she had burst in to a much larger, warm feeling. She realized that Rumare had company last night. She smiled faintly, happy that he had relieved some tension, so to speak. Good for him. She could almost feel their heartbeats from the door, and she was totally serene. But why? Wasn't it just a little while ago that she was envious of not just their relationship, but of Kaalys in general? Why had that feeling of envy stopped? She had so many questions to ask Mara, next they met. She stifled a giggle. "Alright. Tell Kaalys to pack herself some provisions, if she's coming along.", she said back, hoping that Rumare wouldn't be startled by the fact that she knew who was in there with him. She started back down the stairs, but the moment she lay foot on the first step, she slipped and started to tumble down the stairs. She closed her eyes and guarded her head with her arms for the impact, but it never came.

Instead, she was now standing in the rose colored mist of Mara's realm. She felt lighter now, and she looked down at herself to find that instead of her normal dress, was a thin linen robe. But she didn't feel exposed, or afraid, or in pain, or anything other than love. It seemed that Mara had decided to talk to her now, when she had the questions fresh in her mind. She saw the warm mist start to shimmer and the benevolent form of Mara now started to shape. "Hello again, my beloved.", she said in her mystical soothing voice. Myra knelt before her once more. "My Lady, Mara! I am blessed with your presence once more!", she exclaimed with great joy. "I understand you have many questions for me. You need not ask, for I have the answers you seek. You wish to know why you no longer feel the same love you felt for your friend, correct? It is because I have taken that from you, and placed it on to another. I do this because the pain you would feel when you realized he loves another would have been far too great for you, for though you are my Avatar, you are mortal. I could not let you suffer the way you would. Now, you are gifted with another. You know him, though not well, but you will soon.", Mara told her, gesturing at a seemingly empty spot to her left. The mist swirled and pulled together to make a vision of a familiar man. Where had she seen him before? Corelas! It was Corelas! Mara's stomach sunk, and she felt like her chest had tightened as she looked at the vision. She turned her head back to Mara, who was wearing a perfect expression of love. "Your second question, one that you did not even realize you were asking. You wish to know why you felt such an aura of love, and how you could feel the beating of their hearts. I have blessed you with another gift. While you did not know it, the Priest in my temple did know who you were. He gave you a move treasured gift. The amulet you are wearing, it is enchanted unlike any other. It grants you the power to feel and recognized true love, but only when you wear it. Now, for your last question. You wish to know why I did not direct his love toward you.", Mara told her in a saddened voice. Myra felt a sudden shock of pain and absolute depression at her last words, but quickly went away when Mara put her hand on Myra's shoulder. "The pain will come in short bursts for a while, but it will go away in a mortal month or so. Whenever they come, wrap your hand around your amulet, and it will stop.", she paused and put her other hand on Myra's other shoulder. "I did not give you his love, because I have already given it to another woman. She would be just as devastated as you would have been, and I would not have been able to cleanse the wounds of her heartbreak. Only you can truly enter this realm; my true realm. I will not allow you to yearn or ache, I have placed your love in the heart of Corelas Calindil, and his in yours. Trust me, my child, you will be very happy.", she said softly, pulling Myra in to a soft embrace. Myra almost immediately fell asleep in the warm misty arms of her Goddess, and was gently led out of the realm.

She awoke in a blur, her body throbbing, and a sharp pain in numerous spots along her arms and legs, as well as her torso. She opened her eyes. Well, she tried to open her eyes. One of them had been swollen up. She tried to move her head, but there was a suddenly surge of extreme pain when she tried. She screamed as loudly as she could. And, in the few second she saw her body, she could tell that there was blood everywhere. But screaming only made it hurt worse. Her eyes jolted from place to place around her, looking for a familiar face, ANYONE. She found Thorek and Corelas rushing toward her. She took in where she was. It looked like she had not only fallen, but flew in to the wall in front of the top of the stairs, it had knocked her out, she had fallen down from the wooden wall, and crashed down on to the middle of the stairs, then tumbled down the rest of the way. It was a wonder she was still alive. She was in tears now, the salt mixing in cuts and bruises on her face, burning along the way. She had such a pitiful look on her face. Trying to lift her hand out to one of her friends, another surge of pain, this time much greater, shot through her. She screamed even louder, until her voice cracked, and shook uncontrollably. She blacked out once more, this time, not returning to Mara's realm.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek looked down at Myra and then to Corelas.
    "We need to get her on her side and awake," He said, remembering some basic first aid from the army. He was never much of a medic though, and hoped Corelas knew some basic restoration.
    "Keerava!" He shouted, turning back towards the bar to see her look up at him; "Ice!" He yelled. She then saw what had happened and ran out of the inn.
    Thorek and Corelas helped the unconscious Myra into a fetal position and Keerava shortly arrived with a bucket of Ice Wraith Teeth from the woman outside the inn. Thorek lightly rubbed the smooth ends of the teeth onto the worst bits of Myra's trauma before he turned to Corelas and said "We need to get her to a healer."

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath pulled the cover over the wagon and fastened it on. He then began to brush the horses. "They shouldn't be too much longer."

Hofgrir noticed the boy tending to the horses and was reminded of himself at his age. "You like horses boy?"
    "Yes sir." Rath said without looking up
    "Oh you don't have to call me sir now."
    "Yes, I like horses." He turned and looked at the Nord awkwardly.
    Hofgrir walked over to the Breton child. "Here let me see it." Rath hands him the brush. "When brushing them make sure you move with the hair, go over the same spot multiple time to make sure you get all the dirt and loose hair. These being skyrim horses they will shed their coats the farther south you go." Rath nodded and smiled.
    Hofgirir hands the brush back to Rath and watches for a while. He walks into the barn and exits carrying 8 horse shoes. "Want to help?"
    "Sure but I don't know how."
    "I'll teach you."
    "If there is already a shoe on, cut the nail heads with a clench cutter and a hammer, then use a pair of pull-offs to pull off the shoe" The Nord does as he says then hands the tools to Rath. "Do it to the other." Rath does only slightly slower. "Good you're a natural." The alternate turns until the shoes are off all the horses.
    "Now pick up the hoof." Rath does as instructed.
    "Use this to clean the hoof." Hofgrir hands Rath a Hoof pick.
    "Good now clean it up with these." Rath uses the tools to smoothen and level the horses hooves.
    "Now here the shoes. I'll do the first horse then you can do the other."
    Hofgrir goes about shoeing the horse, Rath watches intently.
    "Okay your turn." Rath begins shoeing the horse, Hofgrir giving advice along the way.

"Not bad boy. You know what." The Nord reaches into his shirt and pulls his necklace off. "Here. It's been in my family for generations, since I don't have any children, I think you should have it. Said to help keep horses calm, makes them easier to tame too." The Nord smiles and pats Rath on the back. "Thanks Hofgrir. When I finish my journey I'll be sure to return sometime." The Nord laughs. "Oh don't worry about me. Though if you'd like to visit you're always welcome here." A guard approaches. "Hofgrir we need you at the Western Watch tower."
    "Aye, I'll be right over. Good luck Rathalos."

Rath climbs into the back of the caravan and begins examining the amulet.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen sat back on the bed, obviously surprised by Myra's knowledge of Kaalys' presence. Did she see them come in, somehow? Kaalys seemed equally as shocked, and Carenen chuckled. "She's too smart for her own good, sometimes." He said to himself, and stood back up to finish preparing.

Kaalys grabbed her "Provisions" As the girl had called them, and packed them up in her bags and satchels she had brought. As she checked to make sure everything was done, she heard shouting from downstairs, and rushing of footsteps. What on Nirn was all that racket? She rushed past the door and skipped steps on her way down, until she saw Myra lying in the fetal position, surrounded by a Nord and an edgy looking mer. She looked as Myra lie there, unconscious, covered in cuts and bruises. At first, she reached her hands for her swords, thinking the Nord hurt her, but noticed that he had been with her on the road, and he was trying to get her up, so that assumption was incorrect. Instead of trying to further figure out what was happening, she just jumped down to Myra, and assessed her wounds. After assessing the damage, she reached for a vial in her satchel and pulled it out, letting some run down her finger. She applied it to some of the cuts and bruises, and watched as the cuts seared and burned before closing to an extent. When she got as much as she could, she looked to the Nord, who looked angered by her presence, she spoke quickly. "That should keep the wounds closed for long enough until you get her to a healer. We need to hurry though."

Carenen came down the steps after Kaalys, and, assessing the situation quickly, scrambled to Myra's side. What had happened? He looked to the scared mer, who only pointed at the wall above the steps. It took a moment, but he understood. He looked to Kaalys and watched as she put her vials away, and remembered the medicine she had used from a long time ago. He looked to Myra and shook his head. Be glad you were knocked out before she put that medicine on. The pain of it... He shifted his worried glance over to Thorek and spoke quickly. "We need to get her out of here!"

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "You don't have to tell me twice." He retorted back to Carenen. "Elf!" He continued, not sure of what to call him now (in fact, not entirely remembering his name in the first place), "There's an alchemist's shop below the bridge, or maybe one of those priests knows a bit about healing. You got any suggestions?" He said. He bent down and, assuming the role of the grunt, picked up Myra like she were a child and held her up in front of Carenen, awaiting a response.

His cloak had been cast aside on a nearby table and his bare chest was visible, with all its scars and branding, much to the secret embarrassment of Thorek. His biceps were tense and vascular with hair running down his forearms. It was at times like this a sophisticated elf such as Carenen would regard Thorek as more bear than a man.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Kaalys spoke up for Carenen, even though she was sure he didn't need it. "That elf has a name, Nord. And our best bet would be to get her to the alchemists. There's no time to lose." She stated, heading for the door.

But Carenen called out for her. "Wait." He looked at Myra again, and stared at the amulet of Mara on her neck, then shook his head. "No we need to take her to the priests of Mara. They'll know what to do." He turned to Thorek, who was now holding Myra in his arms. "Let's go, Thorek."

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek shrugged and walked behind Carenen cradling Myra. He preferred seeing a priest to an alchemist at any rate, but thought the potion-maker would have been of more use in this case.

As they walked through the city center Thorek found the stalls around him dissolving into trees and the hard stone he was walking on turned into cold, fresh snow. He felt a familiar feeling of fear but welcomed it as it offered some comfort. He looked down at the person he was carrying: A young boy, couldn't have been considered a man yet. He had blood all down his front but it was not his own.

It was a dark morning as he walked through the forest holding this soldier, the son of a man he knew well in Windhelm. He found himself weeping at the sight of his dead face and soon collapsed in the snow, resting his head in the boy's chest. The captain came up behind him and put down the body of the other young boy. It was just two officers and two soldiers in the forest now. The captain reached out to touch the shoulder of his general but as he did so Thorek lifted his hand and smacked it away;
    "Leave me!" Echoed around the forest and could be heard back at the camp. The captain backed away and couldn't help shed a tear himself.

As Thorek laid his head on the victim of war, the victim of him, he found himself kneeling in the Riften square holding the warm body of a woman he had come to know well. Looking around at the people in the square, it was apparent he was causing some kind of scene. He quickly got up and, still holding Myra, continued with Carenen to the temple.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Corelas held the doors of the temple open for Myra's friends, and shouted to the Priestesses and Priest what had happened. A woman who was clearly the Main Priestess took the idol off of the alter and told them to lay Myra on it. Corelas was uncomfortable with his new and so far, only friend laying on an alter like an offering, but he agreed. Myra would definitely want that. You see, though he was the way he was, he had a gift for recognizing people for who they were, and Myra just screamed that she was special to the goddess Mara, and Mara was special to her. He watched as the Nord lay her down on the alter, and the Priestess started to heal her. To everyone but Kaalys and himself, it was not what they were used to. Instead of laying her hands on the wounds, and a warm, pulsing orange light appearing, the Priestess held her hands over her whole body, moving them back and forth, while a yellow light swirled around her. It felt weaker than the healing magic Myra used. Another Priestess put a skin under Myra's head, and a few others prayed. The Priest was making a salve of some kind, and soon he brought it over to the Priestess. Myra's friends looked on with concern. The Priestess stopped what she was doing and looked up at them, and brought out a knife. She could see that the others were not thinking the best of that action. She slid the knife under Myra's dress, and cut it open a little ways. She stopped and looked up again. "I ask that the men now leave the room. I understand that she is your friend, but I doubt she is that kind of person.", she said. She then looked at Kaalys. "You may stay. It may be comforting for your friends to know that someone is keeping an eye on her." She waited until the men had left, and resumed sawing at the fabric. Once she had finished, she looked Myra over, and applied the salve to her wounds. She bandaged them, wrapped Myra up so the bandages would stay, and made her drink a few different potions. She motioned a Priestess forward, and she unfolded a robe, similar in every way to the one Myra had in her visit to Mara's realm. "Could you help us carry her to that room over there?", the younger Priestess asked Kaalys, who obliged. They carried her to a room next to the front door, and lay her on a bed. The Older Priestess put her hand on the younger's shoulder, and left the room. The younger one put a blanket over Myra, and tried to make her as comfortable as possible. She turned to Kaalys. "You can tell them they can come in now. I'm Sister Betryl. I'm not a Priestess yet.", the girl said. She couldn't be older than twelve. She smiled, but Myra let out a groan and tried to move, so she quickly held her down. She let Kaalys leave to get the men.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Kaalys watched as the priestess began to cut at Myra's clothes, and could already hear the priestesses telling the men to leave, so when they actually did, she wasn't too surprised. Carenen, the Nord, and the scaredy-elf stepped out the front door, each protesting leaving Myra behind, but silently content that she was staying back with her.

As she watched them go to work on her wounds, Kaalys took a moment to think about her future. She wouldn't have a home to go back to now. If she stayed with Carenen, she could kiss goodbye any chance at a good future with her family on the Isles. But as she recalled the last day or so, she couldn't help but think, Worth it.

Her attention snapped back as one of the women asked her to help move Myra to another room, and Kaalys agreed. They lifted her gingerly and walked slowly, and mostly painlessly to the other room, her mind now hard-pressed on getting Myra better. But she couldn't help but question her next move. Would she join with them, or go home and tell Father she had failed?

Once again the silence was broken by a young girl, who had just placed a sheet over Myra's body, and turned to face her. "You can tell them they can come in now. I'm Sister Betryl. I'm not a Priestess yet." She silently wondered what a child was doing here with such a delicate matter. She shrugged it off and recalled what she had said. Without another word, she went for the others.

Carenen stormed through the door with the others in tow and stopped at the door, knowing it would be best to leave her be. Instead, he stopped one of the Priestesses and asked, "Will she be okay?"

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    "She will be fine. She will mostly recover, but she took extra damage to her arm. It should be in a sling for a few weeks. She should stay in the temple for just a few days, though. Until we can put together enough medicine for her to take on her journey, and she recovers enough to leave. You'll have to keep an eye on her though, and I suggest keeping one person with her at all times. We actually need to move her to the hospital. Well, it's more of a room full of sick people than a hospital. If you could follow Sister Betryl, and someone carry Myra, she'll be on the road to recovery.", the head Priestess assured, and pointed to the little girl. "Right! Follow me. I'm Sister Betryl."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen turned to the others, looking to see who was going to take her, but instead just picked her up himself. She was much lighter than he thought a human would weigh, but then again, the only people he ever had carried were his brother Armion and Kaalys. And both cases he had more to think about than how much they weighed. He turned to face the others, gestured them to follow him, and walked off after this Sister Betryl.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    The young Nurse showed them to the new room, which wasn't as full of the sickly as they had thought, and brought them to an empty bed. She had them put her down here, told them what they should do if something happened while there wasn't a Priestess in the room, then left.