Whats your favorite Guild/ questline?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

whats your favorite guild/ Questline

• The Companions

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • College of Winterhold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thieves Guild

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • The Dark Brotherhood

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Imperial Legion

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Stormcloak Rebellion

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Shadowbane

Premium Member
Probably asked before but out of curiosity what is your favorite?

I know this mostly has to do with your character but my personal favorit out of all of them is the Thieves guild. I mostly just enjoy the lifestyle of it all. My second was the dark brotherhood, but sort of disappointing, I hope they do another one of the dark brotherhood in the DLC like maybe an undercover war between the Dark Brotherhood and the Petious Oculotis or something around that.

Harperlarp

Almost 500 hours logged across multiple characters (the most being 210 hours) I've still not done the brotherhood. Im probably about half way through the thieves guild though. There's just so much to do!

So far I've been disappointed with the guilds in terms of length and rewards, especially compared to the guilds in oblivion. The dragon quest line was probably my favourite, I love fighting dragons and finding words of power.

Minor location Spoiler

The bit where you're in sovngard was particularly cool. Shame you can't go back there (or can you? Ive not tried to be honest).

Lawson100

I have only played 3 of them so far and they are Dark Brotherhood, Thievs guild and the companions. I personly voted for the Brotherhood but I do think the Thives was better in terms of structure and originality and the fact you get the badass looking nightingale bow and armour.

Legion... nuff said

Pete

Call me predictable - Companions. One nice thing is that the guilds all play out differently, while the war factions are kinda similar. Only faction missing is a priestly one (unless you consider the main quest that).

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I logged over 300+ hours on my first character. I purposely saved the Dark Brotherhood Quest for last. SO glad I did. It was a very satisfying cap to my first build. Spoiler: Being betrayed, returning to a Sanctuary under siege. Fellow assassins killed, one tided to a tree and used as target practice. That was a pretty emotional. Killing the Emperor! It felt like the end after I did that, staring out into the sea, sun rising, it's rays weakening my vampire warrior. Guards and seaman all dead on the deck and rooms. Not a bad "finish" for my first build at all.

I looted The Emperor's clothes, sported them in Solitude for kicks. :D

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Call me predictable - Companions. One nice thing is that the guilds all play out differently, while the war factions are kinda similar. Only faction missing is a priestly one (unless you consider the main quest that).

If you mean temple quests there are a few

Necromis

I logged over 300+ hours on my first character. I purposely saved the Dark Brotherhood Quest for last. SO glad I did. It was a very satisfying cap to my first build. Spoiler: Being betrayed, returning to a Sanctuary under siege. Fellow assassins killed, one tided to a tree and used as target practice. That was a pretty emotional. Killing the Emperor! It felt like the end after I did that, staring out into the sea, sun rising, it's rays weakening my vampire warrior. Guards and seaman all dead on the deck and rooms. Not a bad "finish" for my first build at all.

I looted The Emperor's clothes, sported them in Solitude for kicks. :D

eeeeewwwwww you left the seamen on the deck? Didn't even wash it off? LOL

Docta Corvina

Thieves Guild and Imperial Legion, hollaaaaa :cool:

The Guild is my cozy, vaguely screwy little family, featuring most of my favorite characters in the game. And the Legion? Well, let's just say I'm Legate in ALL my files.

Necromis

Thieves Guild and Imperial Legion, hollaaaaa :cool:

The Guild is my cozy, vaguely screwy little family, featuring most of my favorite characters in the game. And the Legion? Well, let's just say I'm Legate in ALL my files.

Getting a MC Hammer momment. "Too Legate, Too Legate to quit........Too Legate, Too Legate to quit." LOL

Docta Corvina

Getting a MC Hammer momment. "Too Legate, Too Legate to quit........Too Legate, Too Legate to quit." LOL

YES! :D

Man, I need to co-opt someone into sketching that for me. Complete with a thoroughly confused Tullius and Hadvar, and my character in harem pants and Imperial armor. This must happen. :cool:

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Probably asked before but out of curiosity what is your favorite?

I know this mostly has to do with your character but my personal favorit out of all of them is the Thieves guild. I mostly just enjoy the lifestyle of it all. My second was the dark brotherhood, but sort of disappointing, I hope they do another one of the dark brotherhood in the DLC like maybe an undercover war between the Dark Brotherhood and the Petious Oculotis or something around that.

Voted wrong, any way I can change my vote?

Neriad13

Premium Member
*Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood spoilers ahoy*

After playing strictly law abiding characters for my entire Skyrim experience, I've finally gone to the dark side. All this week, now that I'm out of school and between jobs, I've been playing through the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood, having never touched the "evil" questlines before. And I have to say, the Thieves' Guild is giving me the the time of my life.

The quests are all so unique and exciting - and more challenging than anything I've done before. I'm biting my nails in glorious terror as I'm sneaking around and picking pockets. The quest where one steals Calcelmo's Falmer translations really felt like an amazing, high-risk heist. And escape by waterfall is such a stylish way to make an exit!

And then there's the characters. With the Dark Brotherhood characters, I really didn't feel much for them. They just seemed to me like a collection of the criminally insane (and you have to be just as insane to fall in with them, by killing the proprietor of an orphanage, of all things). The Thieves' Guild characters, I feel, were not caricatures, but fleshed-out people. They're all so chill and normal, with definite reasons for falling in with the Guild and sticking out the turmoil that has besieged the place. You can hear the love and deep respect they have for one another in the tone of their voices and in their carefully thought out actions. I loved everyone in the Guild - I was genuinely horrified when Mercer Frey turned around and stabbed me. The sound effect of a blade sinking into my own flesh, the guy whom I had just come to respect after traveling with him through a dungeon, turning on me so completely like that...ugh.

I ought to play thieving characters more often.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
To me, they feel more like side stories and less like guilds or factions. While I enjoyed some of them I felt no accomplishment or anything as a member/head of one. That being said I liked the Stormcloak Rebellion quest line because I got to go all Braveheart on the Imperials.

Docta Corvina

And then there's the characters. With the Dark Brotherhood characters, I really didn't feel much for them. They just seemed to me like a collection of the criminally insane (and you have to be just as insane to fall in with them, by killing the proprietor of an orphanage, of all things). The Thieves' Guild characters, I feel, were not caricatures, but fleshed-out people. They're all so chill and normal, with definite reasons for falling in with the Guild and sticking out the turmoil that has besieged the place. You can hear the love and deep respect they have for one another in the tone of their voices and in their carefully thought out actions. I loved everyone in the Guild - I was genuinely horrified when Mercer Frey turned around and stabbed me. The sound effect of a blade sinking into my own flesh, the guy whom I had just come to respect after traveling with him through a dungeon, turning on me so completely like that...ugh.

I ought to play thieving characters more often.

That's the thing about the Thieves Guild - I was afraid to join them at first too, but after being seduced into it by a certain charming Falmer Blood elixir vender, I too found that they are by and large rather chill, normal people who, as you said, have reasons for being there. I have to say though, I didn't do the Snow Veil Sanctum mission right away, I chose to fast travel and bring Mercer with me for a host of adventures before continuing and I really grew to appreciate his character more as a result. I know it sounds insane, but I truly adore him. Even for all the stabbity. :p :oops:

But yeah, the Guild boasts most of my favorite characters in the game as a whole, so it'll always be my favorite questline/faction in addition to the Imperial Legion. My "Kathodos" story is a tribute to both, really. And I'll never retire my Breton thief character. Too many adventures with husband Brynjolf in store for the future. ;)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
The Thieves Guild is my favorite questline, and the faction I find most fun to play. But in terms of storyline, I absolutely love the civil war; it feels more like the central storyline of the game than the dragon crisis does to me.

Neriad13

Premium Member
That's the thing about the Thieves Guild - I was afraid to join them at first too, but after being seduced into it by a certain charming Falmer Blood elixir vender, I too found that they are by and large rather chill, normal people who, as you said, have reasons for being there. I have to say though, I didn't do the Snow Veil Sanctum mission right away, I chose to fast travel and bring Mercer with me for a host of adventures before continuing and I really grew to appreciate his character more as a result. I know it sounds insane, but I truly adore him. Even for all the stabbity. :p :oops:

But yeah, the Guild boasts most of my favorite characters in the game as a whole, so it'll always be my favorite questline/faction in addition to the Imperial Legion. My "Kathodos" story is a tribute to both, really. And I'll never retire my Breton thief character. Too many adventures with husband Brynjolf in store for the future. ;)

He has such glorious combat dialogue. "You're not a threat, you're an annoyance!" >.< Literally the second I'd started to really like the guy, he had to turn on me. And breaking into his house was like getting a look inside his brain. That...is one clever, paranoid dude. He thief-proofed his house so thoroughly, even if it meant nailing all the doors shut. And then I was wondering why the heck everyone was so puzzled as to how he'd gotten into the vault. This is the man who popped a puzzle door without the use of a claw. With no obvious lock to pick. Does he really and truly need the Skeleton Key to open a vault?

Ooh! I'll definitely have to check it out once I finish the questline.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts