Whats your favorite armor/apparel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Texas_made

IMO the ebony armor is the most badass kind of armor in in the game. It just looks sick! I dont really like the daedric armor because i think its a little too flashy for my taste.

What badass looking armor/apparel is your character wearing? Is there anything that could look more badass than what i described? whats your opinion?
Post pics if you feel like it

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I've got my warrior rocking the Dragonplate, which is not only badass but also fits from a role playing stand point, oh and people gawk at it! Matched it up with the Masque of Clavicus vile. Pounding around Skyrim in my draconecrotic get up is just overwhelming with Badassery! Add my two daedric swords to the swords to the mix and all my enemies see coming is a whirlwind of bones!

scheezy

i regrettably haven't leveled up my smithing, though i may be doing that soon, so i haven't experimented with all the varieties. however, right now i am and have been LOVING my nightengale armor. it really reminds me of an Azrael Batman suit if there's any batman comic fans out there.

i've seen the daedric armor, and it looks extremely badass, but what i most likely use once my skill is high enough is the dragon scale armor, just because i'm a light armor kind of guy.

i'll try and get a picture up later.

Garrison

I am fully garbed in Daedric, and have done the same with my follower, Aela. I also go with twin daedric swords. Currently Aela carries a dwarven mace; was short on hearts at the time and just haven't gotten around to upgrading her. Definitely flashy, but I love the look. It's especially satisfying when you're actually battling Daedra! I carry the Clavicis mask as well to don when I'm selling to merchants.

Has anyone bothered to complete the various sets of NPC armor available? They're kind of neat, though of no real use other than to collect.

pizllexam

ebony armor is wicked cool. plus dual ebony swords=sweet dark death for enemies. that or the nightinggale armor, that has a much better look i think, but far less effective as armor.

Texas_made

ebony armor is wicked cool. plus dual ebony swords=sweet dark death for enemies. that or the nightinggale armor, that has a much better look i think, but far less effective as armor.
Yea the nigtengale armor looks badass but im more of a heavy armor character. maybe i need to start a stealthy character soon.

Texas_made

i regrettably haven't leveled up my smithing, though i may be doing that soon, so i haven't experimented with all the varieties. however, right now i am and have been LOVING my nightengale armor. it really reminds me of an Azrael Batman suit if there's any batman comic fans out there.

i've seen the daedric armor, and it looks extremely badass, but what i most likely use once my skill is high enough is the dragon scale armor, just because i'm a light armor kind of guy.

i'll try and get a picture up later.
Its really easy to boost your smithing skill quickly. here is a thread i posted earlier about how to boost it to 100 within about 2 hours.
http://skyrimforum.com/threads/easy-100-smithing-skill-fast.2392/

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
To be honest, I think leveling up smithing with exploits ruins the fun of upgrading your armor by killing enemies. I know it's a necessity for the really good stuff, but early on it's fun to upgrade by killing strong enemies and taking their armor and weapons.

It's a single player game so anyone can do what they want, I just like scavenging my weapons and armor because it's satisfying to upgrade by killing a better armed and better armored enemy. I still use smithing to upgrade the weapons and armor that I use so it does level up, I'm just not exploiting it since I'm only using it on stuff I use.

I don't know, to each their own. Maybe I just got so used to the scavenging dead bodies method from playing RPGs for so long, but it's my preferred way to do it now when faced with a choice like there is in Skyrim after a little grinding.

I'd honestly get bored really fast if I had the best armor and weapons I could get. Half the fun of clearing a dungeon for me is looking for anything that can upgrade my character.

Dragonplate. It looks awesome and fits with the story. I don't really like the look of Daedric stuff (too flashy and non functional IMHO) but the sword is a necessary evil (highest damage 1-handed sword in the game AFAIK).

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Hircine's gift of fur armor. I love it because of the quest and it's pretty awesome. There are probably other armors out there that are stronger than this but my character will be stuck in this outfit for the rest of the game.

Texas_made

To be honest, I think leveling up smithing with exploits ruins the fun of upgrading your armor by killing enemies. I know it's a necessity for the really good stuff, but early on it's fun to upgrade by killing strong enemies and taking their armor and weapons.

It's a single player game so anyone can do what they want, I just like scavenging my weapons and armor because it's satisfying to upgrade by killing a better armed and better armored enemy. I still use smithing to upgrade the weapons and armor that I use so it does level up, I'm just not exploiting it since I'm only using it on stuff I use.

I don't know, to each their own. Maybe I just got so used to the scavenging dead bodies method from playing RPGs for so long, but it's my preferred way to do it now when faced with a choice like there is in Skyrim after a little grinding.

I'd honestly get bored really fast if I had the best armor and weapons I could get. Half the fun of clearing a dungeon for me is looking for anything that can upgrade my character.
I hear you, to each is own. Luckily i didnt level up my smithing skill like that until like level 35 (overall level not smithing) so ive spent most of the game scavenging and i really liked the look of steel plate armor alot. it is really fun to scavenge like you said, i like to find little momentos from my adventures and show them off in my house, like a golden dibella statue and those centurion dynamo cores. But i did power level the smithing skill and thats it. IMO my character has to look like the biggest badass in all of skyrim. Idk it helps me get into my character a little more.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
I hear you, to each is own. Luckily i didnt level up my smithing skill like that until like level 35 (overall level not smithing) so ive spent most of the game scavenging and i really liked the look of steel plate armor alot. it is really fun to scavenge like you said, i like to find little momentos from my adventures and show them off in my house, like a golden dibella statue and those centurion dynamo cores. But i did power level the smithing skill and thats it. IMO my character has to look like the biggest badass in all of skyrim. Idk it helps me get into my character a little more.
Yeah, I understand that. If you get into your character more doing it then there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it. That's why I love these games, there are so many different ways to play it and they're all rewarding to different people.

I just don't like seeing all the "guides" you find online that are really just tips on how to exploit the leveling system instead of just solid game advice and information for newer players, which is what guides should be in my opinion. But that's not for this thread *gets off soapbox*.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I'm currently wearing Daedric armour with two Daedric swords.

However, if the Ebony Mail you get from a certain quest was included in the Matching Set Perk (like I reckon it should be), I would be wearing that for it's cool poison effect and swirly-crouchy-doom-void. Not that I crouch very often.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts