• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
This is my first thread so bare with me. the thing i have always wanted in the elder scrolls is a shop yea u heard me a god damb shop ive been waiting morrowind/oblivion/skyrim but my little dream still aint here how good would it be to have a shop u can sell anything u want stock the shelves with the finest meats and vegtables maybe have a few things going on in one area have food items in another part of the shop some weapons then a few shelves for potions/scrolls/rings/cloths the first skyrim wallmart/asda sort of thing going on and npcs come into the shop and buy from you maybe u can haggle and when ure feed up of working behind the counter get ure assistant to look after the shop go out adventuring to collect items to stock ure shelves. this is the general idea. its what i want if another small dlc comes out its a fantasy i hope that can be a reality so what would u like to see what do u crave most to have or do in skyrim ?????

Volanere

Grand Magister
Ive always wanted customizeable armors and weapons, but i believe that also is a fantasy. I never thought of owning a shop that sounds pretty awesome i believe that would make a killer dlc.

Shadow King

that would be amazing id especially like to see what could be done to armor i play on xbox but i have seen some p.c mods of armors that are outstanding. but would be even better to custom armor designs thats a great idea

In oblivion I always thought it would be great to be able to start my own guild, and command my guildmates, give them quests etc.

I never really thought about it in Skyrim, but it sounds like it would work in it too.

Zanarkand

Premium Member

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Download the creation kit and make a mod for it.

Zanarkand

Premium Member
I wish there was a creation kit for the consoles :)

Saozig

Hippy
I posted a lot of my wishlist in the What Skyrim Lacks thread so I won't rant too much but I can elaborate on one of the things i mentioned there:

I wish they had more adult kind of stuff. By that I do not mean a crass, vulgar outlet for stupid, horny 15-year-old boys to treat female NPCs like object of abuse & sexual assault because their life goals consist of growing up to be azzbrained, dysfunctional, misogynistic bottomfeeders who spew repulsive garbage on Reddit.

The gaming world has plenty of that. What I mean is, intelligent, savvy adult stuff for intelligent adults and intelligent soon-to-be-adults. We have a game that's full of fantasy violence, even fantasy taboo stuff like cannibalism and contract killings, but where is the ability to get fantasy drunk or fantasy stoned? Have a fantasy courtship prior to getting married, such as meeting together and giving gifts? Have fantasy sexual relationships with people who aren't your fantasy spouse? Get a fantasy divorce (we can pass on the fantasy lawyers)? Or have their fantasy spouse leave them if they cheat on them and are caught? Or hire a fantasy prostitute (and not just hetero female ones, thank you), and risk getting a fantasy STD? Or maybe have my character approached for fantasy prostitution? Or just have a fantasy fight with one of your NPC friends and you have go make fantasy amends to them? Or simply fantasy flirt with the fantasy mage mercenary at the fantasy inn?

I realize there's only so much that Skyrim can be like Second Life before it becomes Second Life with the Dovahkiin. But they created a world were you start relationships with people and then those relationships are a bit unsatisfying because they are static and don't develop the way we humans expect them to and we don't get to chance to make to kind of choices that make relationships dynamic. Hence why so many of us develop such extensive stories and imagine relationships for our characters that cannot be realized inside the game itself.

Also, you have a game where alcohol and illicit drugs are mentioned all over the place yet you can't partake of them is any satisfying, interactive way. I'd love to know why the Khajiit love moon sugar so much but when I eat it, I just turn green (or whatever) for a second. You even run into addicts--how about you being able to risk addiction, and then having to kick your habit. I mean, you can get vampirism and get cured of it, why not a skooma addiction? Or let me scandalize all of Riften with my indecent behavior after one too many tankards of Talen-Jei's Cliff Racers and then have to clean up my mess!

Like with the problem with Skyrim relationships being too static, so is your character's whole life there. They don't age and they don't really suffer consequences. At most they can go to prison for a spell--a prison from which I personally find a little too easy to escape (seriously, the guard unlock my gate and literally let me walk right out of the jail! ). Or they can die...and then respawn. So by adult stuff I mean choices-and-consequences kind of stuff that mold your character's relationships and bring more dynamics to your character's existence. That's all.

Shadow King

speaking of relationships in skyrim i really did exspect more from hearthfire i mean for one they could have added marriage options divorces etc. and the biggest let down the children would it really have been that hard for them to let ure children follow you. maybe the option of taking your son or daughter out to hunt deer. instead of playing tag which i have never done because its crap lol

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Ok, when I saw the title of the thread, my mind TOTALLY went somewhere else...

I pretty much agree with everyone here. M rated game? Put some M rated themes in it. Why can't I have sex with my husband? Now, I know that the biggest sex drive killer is wedding cake, but it does happen occasionally. I mean, I'm not saying give me a detailed cinematic or anything, but I'm sure my character would be around the house more if she were getting some.

I would love to get into the real estate business. I own a ton of houses, all they're doing is holding my extensive collection of useless stuff, can't I rent them out and make some coin? Maybe buy a house cheap, fix it up, and sell it at a profit? Or, what about have my own farm? Like, a real farm, where I raise a ton of cute little piggies and then send them to the butcher to be turned into delicious bacon.

I want a BLT now.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Oh! And the drugs! We saw it in Shivering Isles! Addiction is possible to program, you've done it before Bethesda, give me a DLC where you get addicted to Sleeping Tree Sap or something.

Ok, I'm done now, for real.

Shadow King

i agree for sure. i would love a skooma dlc thats my second dream. two words in the elder scrolls series gets my attention to another level. 1 tiber septim 2 skooma lol

Zanarkand

Premium Member
I posted a lot of my wishlist in the What Skyrim Lacks thread so I won't rant too much but I can elaborate on one of the things i mentioned there:

I wish they had more adult kind of stuff. By that I do not mean a crass, vulgar outlet for stupid, horny 15-year-old boys to treat female NPCs like object of abuse & sexual assault because their life goals consist of growing up to be azzbrained, dysfunctional, misogynistic bottomfeeders who spew repulsive garbage on Reddit.

The gaming world has plenty of that. What I mean is, intelligent, savvy adult stuff for intelligent adults and intelligent soon-to-be-adults. We have a game that's full of fantasy violence, even fantasy taboo stuff like cannibalism and contract killings, but where is the ability to get fantasy drunk or fantasy stoned? Have a fantasy courtship prior to getting married, such as meeting together and giving gifts? Have fantasy sexual relationships with people who aren't your fantasy spouse? Get a fantasy divorce (we can pass on the fantasy lawyers)? Or have their fantasy spouse leave them if they cheat on them and are caught? Or hire a fantasy prostitute (and not just hetero female ones, thank you), and risk getting a fantasy STD? Or maybe have my character approached for fantasy prostitution? Or just have a fantasy fight with one of your NPC friends and you have go make fantasy amends to them? Or simply fantasy flirt with the fantasy mage mercenary at the fantasy inn?

I too would love more stuff like this, as the only way I can experience this sort of gaming is to load up my Sims 3. Maybe Sims 3 with the Dovahkiin? :D It does seem like there have been more additions of this sort of thing little by little... just very slowly. You couldn't get married in Morrowind of Obliv, for instance. And now with Hearthfire you can build your own house, though I wish it was even more customizable, with different design options for "siding", flooring, walls, windows, furniture, etc. But there I go again with something that sounds like the Sims meets the Dragonborn. xD So I totally agree with you but I also think we probably won't see the depth that we want because that really does start to branch off into simulation territory and these are adventure rpgs. Tbh, I also usually wish that my sim type games had more rpg elements. :p I guess I'm never satisfied!

Zanarkand

Premium Member
Ok, when I saw the title of the thread, my mind TOTALLY went somewhere else...

I pretty much agree with everyone here. M rated game? Put some M rated themes in it. Why can't I have sex with my husband? Now, I know that the biggest sex drive killer is wedding cake, but it does happen occasionally. I mean, I'm not saying give me a detailed cinematic or anything, but I'm sure my character would be around the house more if she were getting some.

I would love to get into the real estate business. I own a ton of houses, all they're doing is holding my extensive collection of useless stuff, can't I rent them out and make some coin? Maybe buy a house cheap, fix it up, and sell it at a profit? Or, what about have my own farm? Like, a real farm, where I raise a ton of cute little piggies and then send them to the butcher to be turned into delicious bacon.

I want a BLT now.

I love the real estate idea! We can already invest in shops, so if they can implement that, why not be able to rent out our houses, or make a profit on them? And I'm one of those sad, sad people that would farm in any game, so yeah, moar farming options! <3

Ritterkreuz

I wish that the Dragonborn could become either a Jarl or the High King. Imagine the quests and roleplaying that could come from that, you could choose to either be fair and just, or cruel and oppressive.

Shadow King

farming huh bloody great idea the farms in oblivion where better than skyrims look at skingrads agriculure. in skyrim there farms are tiny the game should move forward with that for instance an option to have a farm outside whiterun and when i say farm i mean it not just 6 potato plants and 4 gourds a proper huge farm where u can also have a dozen livestock i mean is there even a farm in skyrim that has more than one cow i cant remember seeing any more than one at a time. and it would be great if you could hire people pay them wages that you choose. and zanarkand i hear u with what u are saying with the sims alot of people would read this and bitch about this is skyrim not the sims. but why not uprgrade stuff like this i mean after the quests are finished what else are we going to do i think elder scrolls see these things as the future they know you can complete evry quest in a couple weeks if you put the hours in. thats why marriage and adopt a kid came about for the roleplay value. so let me own a shop stock the shelves sell stuff let me have a farm i can work on and tend to my dozen cattle. because all i got the now is a wife that bores me and 2 kids that wanna play the bullplopsgames no wonder i go out hunting so much im suprised theres any deer left in all the holds lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts