Whats the highest armor rating you've ever achieved?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The potion glitches don't count! i'm talking purely no cheating and playing LEGIT!
Whats the absolute max armor rating number you've ever gotten? What level you were when you achieved it? And on what type of armor? ;)

At level 371 I achieved roughly 4.1k Armor rating, entirely legit.

My Bosmer , has Light dragon armor . It says 1565 armor rating. That seems too high , but thats what it says.:Dragonborn: My fort smithing potions are at 127% -- and enchant potion is 32%. Doe's any one know if this is right ?? I don't pay to much attention to stats , I just try to take every thing in smithing, enchanting, and poitions to the limit. I'm at 55 LVL thief .

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
If you don't have any perks in heavy or you are at 100, you could switch to light armor and still hit cap.

If you have lots of gold you don't need, you could hit Radiant Raiment for peerless smithing jewelry.
Actually you guys were right about the heavy armor skill. I just spent 5 perk points into juggernaunt and my armor rating boosted up all the way to 490!!! :D I should've done this a long time ago! I think the fact i hadn't invested in heavy armor was the problem all along. Apparently the smithing tree alone will only take you so far.

Nighthiker77

Actually 1 more perk and you might be there, not sure how it calculates, but the 4 pc all heavy perk might put you over.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Actually 1 more perk and you might be there, not sure how it calculates, but the 4 pc all heavy perk might put you over.
It just may because there are 2 skills i noticed attached to the tree which boost you even further when wearing anything all heavy and a matching set! I'm already above the required level for adding these skills all i need is 2 more level ups to fill them both.

The potion glitches don't count! i'm talking purely no cheating and playing LEGIT!
Whats the absolute max armor rating number you've ever gotten? What level you were when you achieved it? And on what type of armor? ;)

Guess I should really read this post better :oops: ( With out potions ) Sorry bout that

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It actually goes to 1200. But at 567, you get 80% protection from attacks, thus making all armor ratings above that irrelevant.
567 displayed armor rating will only give you 80% physical damage resistance if you're wearing 4 pieces of armor. Each armor piece gives an addition 25 points of armor rating that doesn't show up in your displayed armor rating. For every piece of armor you don't wear, let's say for example a helmet because you like to see your character's face, you'll need an additional 25 points of displayed armor rating (592).

Displayed armor rating required to cap physical damage resistance = 667 - (25 x number of armor pieces worn)

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
567 displayed armor rating will only give you 80% physical damage resistance if you're wearing 4 pieces of armor. Each armor piece gives an addition 25 points of armor rating that doesn't show up in your displayed armor rating. For every piece of armor you don't wear, let's say for example a helmet because you like to see your character's face, you'll need an additional 25 points of displayed armor rating (592).

Displayed armor rating required to cap physical damage resistance = 667 - (25 x number of armor pieces worn)
So does that mean the armor cap goes to 667 not 567? Sorry i'm really confused here.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
So does that mean the armor cap goes to 667 not 567? Sorry i'm really confused here.
If you always wear a full set of armor don't worry about understanding it. In that situation just concentrate on getting to 567. This is only important to understand if you don't wear a full set of armor on any of your characters and want them to hit the cap.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
If you always wear a full set of armor don't worry about understanding it. In that situation just concentrate on getting to 567. This is only important to understand if you don't wear a full set of armor on any of your characters and want them to hit the cap.
Gotcha. The problem with using a non-armor wearing character is the weakness factor, almost everything including wildlife can kill you in a single hit! It may look cool but not worth it unless you want a nearly impossible crazy challenge. I'm not even sure why they have non-armor clothes.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I also went up to 1200 then when I realized I wasted so much time I stopped playing Skyrim

I also went up to 1200 then when I realized I wasted so much time I stopped playing Skyrim
Yeah I feel yer pain. Since I also play WoW, I am used to seeing caps on damage reduction and diminishing returns and all that. So I google everything before raising armor and resistance levels (as far as magical resistance ) just to make sure I'm not going over the cap. Frigging math lol.

No, potions are fine, i was talking about *GLITCH* potions like the ones created by restoration glitch potions. This is because those are game breakers not legitly earned.

Thanks Happy I got ya now , I get alot of this math part mixed up alot of times . And Dagmar really has this , ability to explain these things she's really amazing , i read all her post's . Mjoll always says " I see I still have much to learn" :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts