Whats the hardest enemy camp to clear in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Me and my friends have debated this before and even had competitions on who can use there strongest characters and clear out different camps the fastest. So i was wondering what u guys thought. Not counting caves or dungeons just open world terrain. Whether its foresworn, bandit, or mage camps which one in your honest opinion is the toughest to take out? For me its the foresworn camp that looks like its floating on a lake with wooden decks, wish i could remember the name of it, its also got a nasty hagraven there along with the hundreds of foresworn who turn into angry bees when disturbed, its like a hornets nest! Even my strongest character must stock up on health potions and power ups to clear that one.

Coincidentally, I just defeated these same forsworn red-necks a couple of days ago (it's my first time running across them since I've started the game). I agree, it was a rather tough fight, considering my character was not even 20th level yet, and travels without a companion of any sort.

I wasn't even searching for their encampment, but figured since I was there I'd check it out anyway. It took a lot of sneakiness, archery, and some strategically placed Fury spells to finally take them all out. I got somewhat lucky and killed the Hargraven crone with a good ol' sneak attack arrow to the back.

I honestly don't remember if that's the toughest camp I've ever had to deal with, but I'd say it's up there...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Coincidentally, I just defeated these same forsworn red-necks a couple of days ago (it's my first time running across them since I've started the game). I agree, it was a rather tough fight, considering my character was not even 20th level yet, and travels without a companion of any sort.

I wasn't even searching for their encampment, but figured since I was there I'd check it out anyway. It took a lot of sneakiness, archery, and some strategically placed Fury spells to finally take them all out. I got somewhat lucky and killed the Hargraven crone with a good ol' sneak attack arrow to the back.

I honestly don't remember if that's the toughest camp I've ever had to deal with, but I'd say it's up there...
Same here! First time i ended up there it was by pure accident, i was following a dragon i saw in the distance and had just gotten the frost breath shout so i really needed a dragon soul but what i got instead was a hundred foresworn arrows in my ass and a quick death! lol

Bunnie

Kartsphire Camp. When I played my Conjuration mage character, I had to rely on Esbern and Delphine, along with my Familiars, to defeat all those Forsworn. I died a couple of times, but eventually, we killed them all.

Tyer032392

Dragonborn DLC.

Fort Frostmoth was very challenging with the Imperial General at the end. Man, that guy could take some hits, and than dish out more. Not to mention that I think his weapon took both health and stamina and transferred it to him.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Dragonborn DLC.

Fort Frostmoth was very challenging with the Imperial General at the end. Man, that guy could take some hits, and than dish out more. Not to mention that I think his weapon took both health and stamina and transferred it to him.

His weapon deals out fire, frost and shock at random moments. Chaos damage.

Tyer032392

His weapon deals out fire, frost and shock at random moments. Chaos damage.

I wasn't exactly sure what it was, but sure enough I didn't want to get hit by it. Thanks

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I wasn't exactly sure what it was, but sure enough I didn't want to get hit by it. Thanks

It packed a punch. Though sadly Bethesda got rid of the knock downs, he would of been far more deadly. I remember in the Arena "She'll come out of that gate with a war-hammer the size of a child" and I'm like "Bring it"... Gate opens and I take a war-hammer across the face and my character is on his ass still getting hit, trying to get back on his feet.

Right off the top of my head, I would say the forsworn Kartsphire camp. More forsworn there than you would originally expect, Any camp that doesn't just have normal leveled bandits is trouble if you don't use restoration or have an ample amount of healing potions handy. Not to mention there always seems to be a dragon and or hagraven there as well (the dragon may actually distract the forsworn).

Lucid

I always struggle with Sunderstone Gorge. I've probably died there more times than any other location.

Or maybe Forelhost.

Edit to elaborate: There's nothing about Sunderstone that should be that hard, it's just a handful of Mages and some skeletons. But it just kicks my ass.

I was there yesterday, skipping along with the letter from my friend. Going in I thought "I remember this place", I ready my board and sword and BAM! Ice Storm - I'm immediately dead. I make my way through the initial chambers and get to where I can see the walkways in the distance and then remember dying in that exact spot with other characters, a lot. I feel like it will be better this time, I set off the fire traps from a distance, and quickly get killed by a lightning-Ice storm combo. Variations of this just kept playing out until I finally ended up cowering in an alcove healing myself, listening to the Shouts of Hakon and Ulfric in the distance.

Grumbled the rest of the afternoon "Something, something, stupid dirty Mages...."

Chadonraz

Right now I feel it's got to be Deepwood Redoubt (just the Vale part, though). I was there on Saturday, and my initial plan was to sneak up to the Briarheart (using Muffle and Invisibility), but that failed when he somehow detected me. Took away 33% of my health in one hit. And I ran straight to Hag's End (which was where my "target" was).

After re-emerging to the Vale, I called Odahviing - but he didn't last very long, and once all the Forsworn were finally dead, I had to throw a couple dual-cast Heal Others at him so he could fly (or so it seemed).
The freaking Briarheart followed me through Hag's End, by the way. I had no idea he could even do that! Nasty surprise. :mad:

So yeah, Deepwood is horrible. At least on high levels, when most of the Forsworn are Ravagers and the Briarheart dual-wields hitting like a train.

As for inside areas, Forelhost still holds the #1 spot. Tolfdir decided to send me there a few days ago... Muffle and Invisibility were life-savers (most likely literally). The end room held four Deathlords, along with the easy-compared-to-its-minions boss - boy was I glad I'd unlocked "Master of the Mind". Nothing better than Deathlords Disarming and killing each other for me. :cool:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Any Forsworn camp in the Reach. In fact, all of the Reach, which I avoid until at least level 20, sometimes level 30. Damn those Forsworn!

ColleenG

Right now I feel it's got to be Deepwood Redoubt (just the Vale part, though). I was there on Saturday, and my initial plan was to sneak up to the Briarheart (using Muffle and Invisibility), but that failed when he somehow detected me. Took away 33% of my health in one hit. And I ran straight to Hag's End (which was where my "target" was).

After re-emerging to the Vale, I called Odahviing - but he didn't last very long, and once all the Forsworn were finally dead, I had to throw a couple dual-cast Heal Others at him so he could fly (or so it seemed).
The freaking Briarheart followed me through Hag's End, by the way. I had no idea he could even do that! Nasty surprise. :mad:

So yeah, Deepwood is horrible. At least on high levels, when most of the Forsworn are Ravagers and the Briarheart dual-wields hitting like a train.

As for inside areas, Forelhost still holds the #1 spot. Tolfdir decided to send me there a few days ago... Muffle and Invisibility were life-savers (most likely literally). The end room held four Deathlords, along with the easy-compared-to-its-minions boss - boy was I glad I'd unlocked "Master of the Mind". Nothing better than Deathlords Disarming and killing each other for me. :cool:

You do some of those places at higher levels and the number of Deathlords multiplies. I once counted 19 in the final room.

Chadonraz

You do some of those places at higher levels and the number of Deathlords multiplies. I once counted 19 in the final room.

This time I was level 60-something when I did Forelhost, and the billion Deathlords were the reason I spammed Muffle and Invisibility. I didn't even bother getting the key for the well, because it would've meant fighting more Deathlords (and I had 200+ lockpicks :p).

19 in a single room is just ridiculous. :eek:
The most I've had in a single room is 7. It was in Dustman's Cairn, though, so they all came at us at the same time. It was a nightmare. Fus Ro Dah everywhere, and an occasional Ice Form from me for crowd control.

Lucid

Ysmir's Beard, Nineteen Deathlords in that room!? :eek: How long did it take you to clear that out?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You are thinking of Kartsphire camp. It is a difficult camp indeed. I think the hardest camp is Dredunach Redbout( sorry if I wrote it wrong) also a forsworn camp. They are usually the hardest because of the brutality of the forsworn.
My personal bane will always be Fort Greymoor and Lost Knife. I loathe the Foreswarn camps too, but those two area always my bane.

ColleenG

Ysmir's Beard, Nineteen Deathlords in that room!? :eek: How long did it take you to clear that out?

They came in waves, 3 to 6 at a time. I kept firing off dremora, had Valdimir and my dwarven sphere to help hold them off, and I stood back and picked them off with my bow. It got pretty crowded at times, especially when there were about 4 deathlords cornering me. Fus Roh Dah came in handy. I can't remember where it was! I know it was a Dragon Priest crypt though.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

They came in waves, 3 to 6 at a time. I kept firing off dremora, had Valdimir and my dwarven sphere to help hold them off, and I stood back and picked them off with my bow. It got pretty crowded at times, especially when there were about 4 deathlords cornering me. Fus Roh Dah came in handy. I can't remember where it was! I know it was a Dragon Priest crypt though.
Kinda sounds like when I did Dustman's Cairn at level 60 for the Companions. What a blowout!