• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
...those random encounters with NPCs who would call you a 'milk-drinker' and then attack you?

I don't mean the ones that happen on the road or out in the wild - I still have those encounters occasionally. I mean the ones that would occur in an Inn; you walk into any Inn and there's a rough-looking NPC at the bar who steps up and challenges you. Then there's a bit of dialogue, and then the face-bashing begins.

I haven't had one of those encounters in months. Anyone else remember those? Do they still occur?

Why have I fixated on this? Maybe I need a nap...

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
I haven't had one in ages either but I stopped going to Inns after a while... Cause Lydia didn't approve.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I can't remember this ever happening to me in both of my games, except for the ones who you brawl with to become a follower. Every since I did the deadric quest with the Orcs I keep getting attacked by random Orcs out in the countryside. WTH did I do?

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Do you mean the Challenger? The rough looking NPC who randomly appears in a town after your magic skill has surpassed a given level, and throws some insults about how he's better than you? I've encountered said Challenger several times on mage characters, and have destroyed him every time.

Wildroses

I ran into an orc in the Bannered Mare the last week. I wrote about it in the wow moments thread. Sven started singing Ragnar the Red as my female character was fighting him. She killed him in at the exact same time Sven finished the song, and the entire inn applauded. It was AMAZING!

khazan99

Do you mean the Challenger? The rough looking NPC who randomly appears in a town after your magic skill has surpassed a given level, and throws some insults about how he's better than you? I've encountered said Challenger several times on mage characters, and have destroyed him every time.

No it wasn't the Challenger, although I do know who you mean. This was just a non-magic using NPC that was usually only identified by his/her race ("Nord", "Orc", etc) and would basically bully you into a fight. I still run into them on the roads but I used to see them even more frequently whenever I'd go into an Inn.

Maybe I've just hit the downturn of this particular random encounter and haven't had it in awhile; it's odd because I used to get this type of encounter at least a few times per session.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
...to Ulfric's body?

khazan99

Namira's little group of necro-eaters ninja'd into Windhelm, stole his body and carried it away to their 'hideout' to have for supper.

It's like a bizarro version of the First Thanksgiving ! How quaint!

It's like a bizarro version of the First Thanksgiving ! How quaint!

And far more believable than the first thought that popped into my head, which was Alduin ninja-ing into Windhelm and eating Ulfric's body when nobody was looking.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts