What Would You Change Or Add Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WellFooled

I would love some more depth to each of the guilds. For example, with the Thieves guild I love the Radiant quests and building back the guild's influence throughout Skyrim, but even that seems shallow because you reach and end without having a quest in all nine holds. The Radiant quests don't send you to the lesser holds or to any villages like Riverwood, is there nothing worth stealing there?

Also, when I become the Guildmaster, that's it. After that I have less to do with the Thieves guild than I ever have, which doesn't make sense. I would love it if you actually had a hand in organizing the guild, like sending groups of the other members to jobs of your choosing, who would then report back. If you choose the members well (say a good pickpocket for a fishing job and a good Archer to go with him in case things went wrong) then you'd have a bigger chance of success with a bigger payload. If things -did- go wrong, your members would end up in jail and you could attempt to break them out, or use your speech skill in a variety of ways to get them released.

It would be great if a new set of Radiant quests opened up for you as Guildmaster as well and you could take other members with you, Radiant quests that actually required some serious sneaking (like getting around impossibly tough guards to the target item). That way you're still an active member even after being the Guildmaster. I understand the Dark Brotherhood can upgrade their HQ like a purchased house, I would love that option with the Thieves guild too and it bothers me that NONE of the Thieves guild can be followers and yet the Companions, the College, and the Dark Brotherhood all have possible followers in their ranks.

It seems to me that the Adventuring side of Skyrim is honed to near perfection, there are dangers around every corner and in every one of the hundreds of dungeons, and there are hundreds of quests that'll take you to face these dangers. What I would like to see now are the other aspects of life in Skyrim given just as much detail, thievery just one among them. I would love to be able to make a Merchant character and have his life be just as well developed as an Adventurer. Crafting, owning a store, hiring employees, establishing trades with suppliers, fighting competition from other businesses, etc.

Co-op mode. I want to play with my friends over the internet on Skyrim. It doesnt even have to be open world. Maybe you could just select a dungeon to go through with a parter, then, at the end you have the option to go to the next one or disconnect.

ryguy90

I would love some more depth to each of the guilds. For example, with the Thieves guild I love the Radiant quests and building back the guild's influence throughout Skyrim, but even that seems shallow because you reach and end without having a quest in all nine holds. The Radiant quests don't send you to the lesser holds or to any villages like Riverwood, is there nothing worth stealing there?

Also, when I become the Guildmaster, that's it. After that I have less to do with the Thieves guild than I ever have, which doesn't make sense. I would love it if you actually had a hand in organizing the guild, like sending groups of the other members to jobs of your choosing, who would then report back. If you choose the members well (say a good pickpocket for a fishing job and a good Archer to go with him in case things went wrong) then you'd have a bigger chance of success with a bigger payload. If things -did- go wrong, your members would end up in jail and you could attempt to break them out, or use your speech skill in a variety of ways to get them released.

It would be great if a new set of Radiant quests opened up for you as Guildmaster as well and you could take other members with you, Radiant quests that actually required some serious sneaking (like getting around impossibly tough guards to the target item). That way you're still an active member even after being the Guildmaster. I understand the Dark Brotherhood can upgrade their HQ like a purchased house, I would love that option with the Thieves guild too and it bothers me that NONE of the Thieves guild can be followers and yet the Companions, the College, and the Dark Brotherhood all have possible followers in their ranks.

It seems to me that the Adventuring side of Skyrim is honed to near perfection, there are dangers around every corner and in every one of the hundreds of dungeons, and there are hundreds of quests that'll take you to face these dangers. What I would like to see now are the other aspects of life in Skyrim given just as much detail, thievery just one among them. I would love to be able to make a Merchant character and have his life be just as well developed as an Adventurer. Crafting, owning a store, hiring employees, establishing trades with suppliers, fighting competition from other businesses, etc.

I agree with that I would love to have those options, but I don't think thats possible. Skyrim is already so big that add that much more game play may have just been to difficult and confusing. But again I agree that it would have been great if they were able to add it.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
Facial expressions. I know that must be pretty hard to do, but it always unnerved me a little when Cicero was shrieking exuberantly, and his face was completely neutral xD

sticky runes

Body paint, because I like my characters to walk around nakey sometimes, and the different patterns can invoke additional blessings/perk bonuses and stuff.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
For me better npc dialogue for example doing to bards college you do all the tasks and become a bard yet when you come back after a while you get the same greeting from Viarmo as the first time you entered that breaks the imersion for me.

More fleshed out quest lines for all the factions and I would of liked to see the same entery level as Morrowind to be able to join the factions.

Last but not least I would of loved a quest line to be able to wipe out or join the Thalmor for me that would of made a better main quest.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I wish they would have done the civil war quest line better. You just dominate, there should be a chance to lose a battle once in a while.

I really think they need to add motions to third person. Motions like turning around and eating, so it doesn't totally ruin immersion if you feel like watching your character.

I agree with other people's sentiments, I think there should be more types of armor, or at least a way to recolor them.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I wish they'd spent another year on it - should have been released 12/12/12

ALL the bugs should have been fixed, the factions should all have longer questlines. There's so much dialogue and stuff hidden within the creation kit, in particular with the Civil War questline (you were meant to be able to take individual villages, defend and lose your forts), where the dialogue was written, but they decided not to implement it.

I believe you should be a certain level before being able to lead ANY of the factions. I think this should be as follows (very roughly) -
Archmage - at least level 50 in all magic skills, at least 90 in one or more, at least 50 speech
Guild Master - at least level 50 in 3 or more "thief" skills, at least 70 sneak
Listener - at least level 70 in sneak, at least level 50 in one of - 2h/1h/destruction/illusion/alchemy
Harbinger - at least level 40 overall, at least level 70 in two skills out of - 2h/1h/heavy armour/light armour/smithing/archery
Also minumum levels for ranks in the civil war factions

This!

And killable essential characters, which could make whatever quests unplayable but open up completely new questlines. For example, the player walks into the Palace of the Kings with no Stormcloak or Imperial affiliation while the Season Unending treaty is in effect, draws their weapon, and murders Ulfric. The regular Civil War questline becomes inaccessible, but a different questline becomes available as strife opens up over the player's actions. The Stormcloaks are infuriated and see Ulfric's death as breaking the treaty, but the Imperials won't take responsibility and claim the player acted alone. Because the player escaped Helgen uncounted by the Empire, nobody knows who the murderer is or why they killed Ulfric, and a series of quests and dialogue opens up culminating in the player's execution, which something or someone stops, furthering the questline. This could work in a number of ways and create nearly endless possibilities for story depth.

ryguy90

You know I would also like to play as the Falmer and Forsworn races or at least have the game expand on them. I mean I kind of understand why you can't play as the Falmer since someone would have thought it was pretty strange that a Falmer was walking around above ground, but still there is no real excuse not to make the Forsworn their own playable race. Sure I can play as Brenton and call myself a Forsworn but it just wouldn't be the same.

And back to the Falmer, like I said I understand why you can't play as them but it is a fantasy rpg and I would have loved to see how people would react to seeing a Falmer walking around.

But even if the creators were unable to make playing as these races work, they should have added more to them besides the Forsworn Conspiracy and minor quest. Like how about make them join able factions in the civil war, for instance you could help the Forsworn gain indepence and help the Falmer conquer a hold.

sticky runes

being able to create scrolls, spell books and magic staves would be nice. I know you can make some of those things at the Atronach forge underneath the Winterhold college, but you'd think the college would teach this stuff anyway. And you can buy spells from just about any general store or court wizard in Skyrim - so where the hell do they get their stock from?

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Besides guilds/factions and the game just generally being more complete, I'd like to see more work on dragons. I really explained myself in depth in my article, and seeing as the game centers around them, I feel that they should be a focus at some point for some DLC.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
Maybe stop the limitless quests? I've heard that you physically can't complete every quest.
You will continue to do radiant quests, which are basically just randomized quests. It's just basically a "go here fetch this" type of thing. It keeps it from you being to finish every quest ever and have nothing to do. I think it was a great idea, especially if you don't want to break character and only want to do one set of guild quests.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
being able to create scrolls, spell books and magic staves would be nice. I know you can make some of those things at the Atronach forge underneath the Winterhold college, but you'd think the college would teach this stuff anyway. And you can buy spells from just about any general store or court wizard in Skyrim - so where the hell do they get their stock from?
I really like how I could create my own custom spell in Oblivion, and a staff of my own too

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I personally would like to be able to do something more definitive about the dragons, frankly I'm tired of the random encounters and I collected enough souls for all the shouts AGES AGO. I need to be able to do something else with the dragon souls and maybe a quest to stop the random dragon encounters(After defeating Alduin). Just leave re-spawning dragons at the word-walls.

sticky runes

^ agreed. I thought thats what was going to happen after defeating Alduin, so I was very disappointed when dragons continued to show up at towns and kill of NPCs. Having dragons respawning on the mountains and stuff is fine, but the random dragon encounters just get on my tits after a while.

And it does seem pretty ridiculous for the dragonborn to be joining factions like the thieves' guild and dark brotherhood, when the country is infested with powerful creatures that go around randomly attacking towns and killing people anyway.

Panzerjoust

I have a form of Aspergers where everything needs to be ''complete''....aka if I watch a Vikings game I am compulsed to record every statistic, and it's no different in Skyrim....I like to think ''I have completed the game.'' But you can't.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I personally would like to be able to do something more definitive about the dragons, frankly I'm tired of the random encounters and I collected enough souls for all the shouts AGES AGO. I need to be able to do something else with the dragon souls and maybe a quest to stop the random dragon encounters(After defeating Alduin). Just leave re-spawning dragons at the word-walls.
As I understood it, I thought that at the end of the main quest, that the other dragons acknowledge the Dragonborn as the greatest among the Dova. So I thought maybe if I don't try to hunt them down, then they wouldn't come for me or other mortals, but I suppose not.