Xbox 360 What was your favourite character you ever made?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Skyrim has been entertaining us all since november 2011. I don't know about you but I've been addicted to this game ever since then. In fact it's a wonder my girlfriend still loves me I've spent so much of my spare time slaying dragons and questing across the province of Skyrim. I got to thinking this morning of the sheer number of characters I've had along the journey and wondered which one I liked the best? We have to be talking at least a hundred or so to be quite honest. Surely there was one that stuck out? A play through so exciting that amongst all those characters and countless hours of gameplay I still remember it....I must say it is hard for me to say. I tend to always play warrior style characters and sometimes a stealth based thief or assassin. It's not that I'm not into mages, it's just that I've tended to stick with what become so familiar to me over the years. Whilst I've had various high level characters and enjoyed most of them, my current character would have to be my favourite of all time. When I think about it I realise that the introduction of the 3 dlc's bethesda released have directly influenced my decision. My favourite character is a Nord barbarian named Anbjorn Wild-Bear. He has no affiliation with either side in the civil war yet! He is level 31 and uses two handed weapons and light armour. I'm currently trying to raise my smithing skill with the ultimate goal of forging the fabled dragon armour and weapons. When that's complete I will unleash my fury upon a helpless Skyrim!

Eshaya

Knowledgeable Fledgling
I've had a whole lot of character until I got the hang of Skyrim, and until I figured out what mistake I was making during some of the easiest quests. It took me a while to learn that I'd have to actually take the long-ass journey somewhere before I could fast travel to said location. Once I realized that, I fell in love with the game. My most successful character, Lilina "Polaris" Direnni, is my favorite by far. She's an Altmer that I leveled fourteen levels within three days, making her Level 21 now. I try to think out decisions before I act in hopes of maintaining the best plot for Lilina. As soon as I was directed to the College of Winterhold, I halted my main storyline just to finish a majority of the quests there, since she's a mix between a spellsword, battlemage, and a sorceress. I want her to have 100 in the school of conjuration before I progress further into the main story. I haven't even returned to Delphine and Esbern and find the location of the Elder Scrolls yet. Her secondary archetype would be Restoration, and that's mainly for fast healing, now that I improved my Magicka gauge. It now is at 360 if my memory serves me correctly; this way it takes a while to fully deplete. Since I have that up so high, I also learned healing hands to quickly revive my followers during encounters. I wear enchanted Heavy Armor because it protects me well, and because I haven't got my hands on any weapons that were worthwhile, I use the Bound Sword Spell. This improves my One-Hand skill, and unlike Bound Battleaxe, I can use my left hand for healing when it's necessary. The sword only does one point extra than my best physical weapon, but it is well worth it.

AS88

Staff member
One of my favourites has to be Ja'Kaasha, my Khajiit assassin. Skyrim is my first TES game, and after trying a few different characters and styles, I decided to make an assassin, with a race I hadn't used.

Ja'Kaasha was all black and dark grey, with a smear of crimson across his left cheek (war paint), and was bad to the bone. He's probably the first inherently bad character I've ever played, and it was a blast. He was my first full playthrough of the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest lines, and got to level 47 before I raged at his tail clipping through his Nightingale Armour and I deleted him. :sadface:

Shortly after, I made a character worthy of picking up the mantle, Veros Fyr. He was pretty much identical to Ja'Kaasha, save for the fact that he had no tail (he was a Dunmer) and used a little bit more magic to augment his throat-slitting. He was my first level 50.

I had a Dovahkiin named Sigurd, who was modelled after the guy on the box, and he was a favourite until he gave in to the temptation of Daedric Armour and Spellbreaker, becoming instantly overpowered.

Gattuso is one of my favourites, mostly due to his backstory as an ex-Legion thief.

Arok gro-Urzog has gone through a few reincarnations, but is the first character I ever role-played, so will always have a special place.

I also had a lot of fun playing Almaril, my ex-Thalmor necromancer.

There's 5 or 6 (considering Ja'Kaasha and Veros were pretty much the same), I could name so many more, but I'd get into double figures :p

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Most of my characters use some form of stealth attack, whether by bow or a dagger. I can't help it, it's how I enjoy playing. I keep coming back to one and I'm playing her right now: Raven Dark.

Thief. Assassin. Collector. And wanna-be vampire. She still hasn't accomplished that, but Dawnguard made it easy and better so it's only a matter of time.

Honorable mention goes to Kurgen, an Orc warrior that I haven't deleted yet. His name is from the movie Highlander and he was SUPPOSED to be a bad guy modeled after the hero's arch-nemesis in the movie but it hasn't turned out that way. He won't steal and while he seems to be ethically challenged on occasion, he tries to live by the code of Malacath.

Arok gro-Urzog has gone through a few reincarnations, but is the first character I ever role-played, so will always have a special place.

Raven Dark has as well. Something always goes wrong with her character. Either I screw up her build or the game glitches and I can't complete a quest. The role-play aspect is what makes characters special to me, more than what level they got to or what race and class they are.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I have tried everything and I am also playing Skyrim since it got out and I love it to the heart; right now I am playing a Nord that uses a lot of sneaking and kill either backstabbing or with a bow. I am not a thieve / assassin per se, but to be honest, this is the best class I’ve ever chose and I will never look back.
For me, stealth is a tremendous advantage in combat. It is like you are a sniper in a modern army. You sneak, you take your position, you shoot and kill with one bullet and you get out without being seen. In modern armies, a sniper can stop an entire army and make everybody crazy; they are really dangerous, a huge threat for every enemy out there and if there is a sniper around, modern armies use whatever it takes to bring him down sooner, otherwise, they are simply f .... d !!

So, using that principle, I do believe that sneak in Skyrim is the best option to fight, especially, if you are facing vamps. I have 100% sneak and all of the perks. Shadow Warrior is a great perk and the best of all. I use the Arch-mage ( from Savos ) armor and a stalhrim dagger and bow, both enchanted with absorb health and chaos. Simply devastating !! Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think my favorite character is my dual wielding, heavy armor wearing, Nord named Ylva. She's the one that has last the longest and is probably the most put together of all my characters. A good back story, her in-game actions all seem to make sense, and she's strong, but not game breakingly so.

Honorable mention goes to my Aragorn/Strider based character named Stryder. He was a Nord that went from being a Ranger to being a thief and then master assassin. It was weird and didn't make much sense, but it was fun.

Strangely, I hate the character I'm playing now. Trying to play a mage and they're just so...squishy. I'm probably just doing something wrong.

Locks066

Just like Hildolfr my favorite character i ever made was a duel wielder. His name was locks and he was a force that even drew Ancient dragons to their knee's!!!. As for he was also an master at enchanting,bows,armor making and had some destruction and restoration skills as well.

Spending most of his time hunting for treasure at blackreach and slaying those who dared raised a hand against him. This was my favorite and my 1 of 2 level 81 profiles. I had it all gems stacked so high they were falling from the box i was storing them in, money of over 100,000 gold coins at all time and over 100 spare dragon souls.

but my favorite thing of all was the fact nothing could stand longer then 3 seconds when he unleashed his duel wielding attacks. But my new 81 duel wielder (im obsessed with it for now) is just as powerful look out skyrim here comes the one who will end all evil and will finally tame the beast that is you!!!.

Drax Rifter

My favorite character is the one I'm playing right now: The Bloodaxe Marauder. A very basic axe and shield nord warrior with heavy armor and no ranged capabilities.

Blood, terror and gold. Raiding villages and mining towns. Riding down helpless travelers on the road. Seeking out battle to make legend. Fighting the empire. Making deals with Dreada for power. A hidden chest full of loot buried in the frozen earth. Orcish armor with an iron helm for the bandit look.

This was my first role-play that I stuck too and it's been a blast.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Silla. To this day, I doubt anyone has ever made a more attractive character in Skyrim.

I planned to use her as a mage, but I needed to make some money, so I joined the Companions and her journey took off from there. She struggled with her nature to dominate and overpower others. She failed many times, and was even ashamed the few times she headed up to High Hrothgar. She lasted about 90 hours and I didn't do many missions with her, but her good-evil struggle was memorable for me. Reminds me a lot of Mass Effect series.

God did she rock out that Ancient Nordic Armor.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Strangely, I hate the character I'm playing now. Trying to play a mage and they're just so...squishy. I'm probably just doing something wrong.
An apt description. If you're used to getting in someone's face then mages require some mental adjustment to play properly. Take advantage of meat shields, conjured minions and Flesh spells. If you don't wear armor, go for the Mage armor perks in Alteration. I played an Illusionist and it's just sad that you can Calm, attack, Calm, attack over and over til they die.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
My favorite so far has been my Altmer Mage that I had ran upto Level 30 over the course of a weekend. She was the Arch-Mage of the College and was kicking butt everywhere she went. Then, out of sheer stupidity, I started a new game on my PS3, which saved over her file........and I had just cleaned out the old saves, so I had no saved file on her. I screamed when I found this out. Lesson learned, now, on the PS3, because I had an XBOX that I let my son take with him when he moved out, to save as soon as I create a new character so that it doesn't save over the last profile I played. :mad:

I usually like the Ranger style, bow/1-Handed/Light Armor with no magic. I have been playing about two months now, and the mage style is always intriguing to me, but I tried to make them warriors, which wasn't smart. I tried the Khajiit sneak style, didn't care much for it. I am currently trying out a Redguard Ranger style that will run through the Thieves Guild & the Dark Brotherhood, then maybe off to the Companions. She already returned Meridia's Beacon, so she has the badass sword for dungeon diving. Just want the better light armors that come from the sneaky quest lines.

I tried the Mage because I had read on here that the College was a great place to level up, get spells, and become less "squishy". I also learned that there is no shame in running away, or around a table, when you are getting smacked by a crazy battleaxe wielding Forsworn or other bandit. Survival techniques that will trickle down to my non-orc characters from now on.. ;)

Chadonraz

That would have to be my current character, Tomas. I've had several characters I've really liked, but he's number one.

While he's generally a "good" person, he's been known to associate with the Thieves' Guild (although now that he's finished with the questline, he no longer visits the Ragged Flagon) and free pretty much every Imperial/Thalmor prisoner he comes across. He's gotten in trouble with law a couple times, but nothing major.
He's currently equipped in Steel Plate and Ebony, and is 50% - 80% resistant to all three elements (Fire, Frost and Shock). Tomas draws the line in murdering innocents, and therefore destroyed the Dark Brotherhood when he had to make the choice.
While he hasn't officially taken a side in the Civil War (nor progressed past "The Way of the Voice" in the MQ), he is a Stormcloak supporter (hence the freed prisoners).

At 40 hours in, he's at level 25, and going strong. Still have five major questlines to do (most of the MQ and DG, anyway). Not to mention twelve Daedric quests (going to get Oblivion Walker), and finding every single Word of Power. :)

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
Probably, my now lvl 110 Duel-blade <3warrior<3 .... She's awesome.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
My current one!

Meian, a Bosmer ranger.

Bows, sneak, alchemy, light armor. With some points in pick-pocketing and one-hand, too. It's the first time I really got into an elf, or a ranged (non-magic) user, or alchemy..Or pick-pocketing. It's a blast! Poison tipped arrows are a specialty of hers, paralyzing poison quickly becoming her signature.

She really looks the part, too. With her Markarth Guard Tunic the rich dark green and warm padded leather really screams "ranger!" once you separate it from the goofy guard helm and Markarth shield. Looks very woodsy with her leather bracers and boots, and gold/emerald circlet of archery. A perfect elf of the wilds.

She's chaotic neutral, I would say. Out for herself, like any good survivalist. She respects the authority of The Dominion in so much as they could cause trouble for her back home if she makes a pest of herself. So she does what she's told. Not having to kill Thalmor patrols on sight is a real kick! I have to resist twitch reflex when I draw sights on them with my bow as I lay hidden in the forest.

She doesn't loose too much sleep thinking about the "poor" nords or the decaying Empire. The nords make it easy not to feel too bad for them, they treat her like scum.

I spend a lot of time doing..well, ranger stuff. Tracking beasts through the wild, gathering herbs from the far-corners of the province. It's the first time I've really stepped off the story-driven tread-mill of the main quest. No dragons. No rushing about. It's been very nice. She will help those in danger, if they cross her path (and if they beg well enough, or use the word "reward" often!). But she'll usually empty their pockets, too.

My dude I roleplay with but he doesn't really do anything too specific, he started out as a double handed battle axe swinger with half green painted warface, dark beard and buzz cut and forearms the size of popeye's whole body, the rebel type, from outside of skyrim, an adventurer sick of the past life he had been living and crossed the border at the wrong time, he ended up joining the companions where he met his wife Aela, then he became a thief to make more money and became an archer/sneak type, he joined the college of winterhold just for the hell of it to learn some spells and to rob them of all their books to add to his collection, so he's a bard/scholar too, he's pretty skilled with speech/merchanting too and enjoys hunting and collecting hides and such, idk he just does whatever he feels like depending on his mood lol, yesterday he was working at a lumbermill for a bit, the day before he was a homicide investigator. He's generally a good guy, but has a short temper, he does not like killing innocent people, he destroyed the dark brotherhood.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
My favorite character is a Redguard woman called Loriah Sarona, a Princess of Hammerfell who abandoned her people in war. She flung herself through a window and into the fountains below, leaving her people behind out of cowardice. Fleeing to Skyrim, she began the main questline, searching to restore her power as a royal of Hammerfell. Upon completing the main quest, she helped restore The Blades Order, killed the Dark Brotherhood and her fame rose through the holds.

But it wasn't enough. She found Serana, locked up in a tomb of some kind and they instantly became friends. She became a Vampire Lord and completed the Dawnguard questline. For once in her life, she felt power and her and Serana traveled Skyrim doing anything that would take an interest from the Volkihar Clan. Then, the pair completed the Dragonborn questline.

After many years, Loriah purchased Honeyside, married and had two children. From then on, Loriah gave the title of 'Lady of The Court' to Serana and now lives a life protecting her family without the curse of Vamprism. Serana refuses to return to the Volkihar Clan and wishes to stay with Loriah. Finally satisfied with everything she had done, Loriah now protects her family and goes on the occasional adventure with Serana and is very good friends with Mjoll the Lioness.

- And I'm STILL playing her today! She's a great character and I don't think I'd EVER get rid of her.

ah3nos

I don't think it's possible to be lvl 110 if you didn't use cheat that is.
Or did you meant lvl 110 in one handed?

I don't believe the is a level cap when playing on legendary, but I could be mistaken since this is my first time trying the legendary difficulty.

Anyway, my favorite is my current one that I just started this morning. Played for about an hour and a half this morning. She is a Nord named Kristen Ebonhand. I like a bow for my main weapon, but wanted to mix in some magic. So, I've made her a conjuration archer and just finished Dustman's Cairn with Farkas. She is now level 9 and at this rate I don't plan to even begin the main quest until I'm level 30 or so.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Probably My current Breton Made/Bard/Thief haha reallly enjoyable. A little squishy at the moment, but nothing some atronachs and a battle tested follower can't fix along with some flsh spells and mage armor haha he's only lvl 10 right now.