What was Your Favorite Guild and Why?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chance

I have not played all of the Guilds quests yet. I have only finished the Companions. I am almost done with the Dark Brotherhood and Just started the Theives Guild. I would have to say Dark brotherhood is probaly my fav so far. Whats your?

Touchstone

I haven't yet finished the Theives' questline, but my favorite faction in Skyrim and Oblivion is still the Dark Brotherhood.

ill wil

Thieves Guild seems deeper then the rest...

Umphrey

I have done the Thieves guild, some Dark Brotherhood, some Mage's College, and some for the Imperial Legion. On a different character I have done a few missions for the Storm Cloaks. I haven't finished the Imperial Legion or the Storm Cloaks, but from what I can tell they are both the exact same quest chains, except you are on the corresponding side you chose. Can anyone confirm this to be true throughout the quest chains? Are they both identical?

My favorite so far is the thieves guild, but I am looking forward to seeing what the Bard College is all about.

Garrison

I wasn't that enthralled with the Mage College, and the Companion quest line was rather bland for story. I am currently going through the Legion, and I have to say that I like the battle scenes for something comparatively different. I loved the Brotherhood in Oblivion and am expecting that to rise above the others.

Would have been an interesting poll question!

Nameless1

I have done the Thieves guild, some Dark Brotherhood, some Mage's College, and some for the Imperial Legion. On a different character I have done a few missions for the Storm Cloaks. I haven't finished the Imperial Legion or the Storm Cloaks, but from what I can tell they are both the exact same quest chains, except you are on the corresponding side you chose. Can anyone confirm this to be true throughout the quest chains? Are they both identical?

My favorite so far is the thieves guild, but I am looking forward to seeing what the Bard College is all about.

I found both sides of tha civil war extremely similar, if not exactly. Dissappointing.
and tha Bards College is worthless imo. I think there is only one quest, perhaps two. With no gains.

And my fav is definitely tha DB. Pretty deep, and oh how I love treachery.
Thieves guild is great too tho, and endgame for that is awesome so... its close.

Umphrey

I found both sides of tha civil war extremely similar, if not exactly. Dissappointing.
and tha Bards College is worthless imo. I think there is only one quest, perhaps two. With no gains.

And my fav is definitely tha DB. Pretty deep, and oh how I love treachery.
Thieves guild is great too tho, and endgame for that is awesome so... its close.

Disappointing is right. I guess I can handle that in a game that didn't do much disappointing though :D

Migaluch

Man, I need to make an Assassin for my next playthrough, seems like Dark Brotherhood and the Thieve's Guild are the top contenders for best guilds.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
I have to say that they really did a good job with both the DB and thieves guild in Skyrim, definitely took it to another level. The companions felt a little less loved and I personally haven't touched the College of Winterhold yet but I plan to very shortly. The bards "college" is a joke, really just more run and fetch you don't get much learning done. I deeply enjoyed the Stormcloak quest line, with the massive battles and updated environments but at the same time it seemed pretty cut and dry. The exception to my previous statement would be the dialogue. Whoever wrote the lines for Ulfric in the civil war quest lines deserves a mother effin Tony!

One thing I miss from Morrowind was the abundance of varied and ridiculously in depth guilds. Over the years I played Morrowind I must have been a member of at least a dozen guilds and I don't think I even got to them all. This is honestly the one way Beth disapointed me in Skyrim.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
Companion is my favorite. Kodlak is a boss and his journal that you find is eerily awesome.

scheezy

i haven't played through all the guild quest, and only recently joined the mage college as well as the dark brotherhood, but so far - by far - my favorite has been the companions. i thought the storyline was great, and it did a great job at reeling me in as it was the first questline i started. SPOILER! i REALLY did not see being turned in to a werewolf coming, and loved it.

Fdmstng99

Man of Steel

Agreed.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
My favorite so far is the Companions. I won't say for what mission, but I loved running with my shield-siblings throughout Skyrim with our swords raised in honor.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I like the companions b/c there is a crazy plot twist; when Vilkas (or the other guy just like him) turned into a werewolf in that dungeon and just tears through those dudes it totally rocked my socks....and then they invite you to become a werewolf too....AWESOME

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts