What was done right and wrong in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imonweed420

Just wondering people's opinions. I think they did alot of things right but also screwed up alot. Just me though :)

Chryss

What exactly "in your opinion", did they screw up?

imonweed420

Well first of all Alteration magic kinda started sucking in Oblivion but now it's just hurtin. You can't create your own spells. They left out my favorite skill ( athletics ), and lot's of other cool skills that have been left out since Oblivion ( hand to hand, unarmored, short / long blade, blunt, spear, mysticism, i could go on forever lol ). I don't understand why your equipment doesn't degrade over time / usage but all i can say is it's stupid that it doesn't lol There should also be an unlock spell like there was before and obviously levitation ( however, it makes sense why levitation has been left out ).

Some things they have done right is making the combat waaaay better, adding " cleared " to places you have cleared, making dual wielding possible and also wielding a sword / spell or two handed spells. Speed and luck would be nice if they brought them back as attributes but i can live without them lol. Anywho theres some of the things i like / dislike about TESV.

Chryss

I never played TES before Skyrim so all I have is what I hear from others. I am trying the magic with a Battlemage and to me it is very challenging.

What I do see as wrong to me is the horses have no protection, or maybe its me. I buy a horse and like radar, every bear, wolf, saber cat and bandit knows I have a horse and attacks me while on my horse.:eek: Needless to say, the horse lasts about 20 minutes and I gave up buying horses.

Friday is My Day!

It seems like Bethesda dumbed Skyrim down in an attempt to open up to a wider community. One thing I don't know why they removed from the game is 1st Person Horse Riding! Riding a horse in Oblivion was so immersive, now it's just.. Not the same... I just walk everywhere now. :)

imonweed420

It seems like Bethesda dumbed Skyrim down in an attempt to open up to a wider community. One thing I don't know why they removed from the game is 1st Person Horse Riding! Riding a horse in Oblivion was so immersive, now it's just.. Not the same... I just walk everywhere now. :)
I completely agree. They dumbed it down so any dummy can play it now lolol And ya i neven understoon the only third person horse view either lol

I like that they added dual wielding, epic takedown animations, and much better magic combat. However, it angers me that they took away your freedom to make your own spells, and removed MANY awesome skills (including my favorite, acrobatics)!

imonweed420

I like that they added dual wielding, epic takedown animations, and much better magic combat. However, it angers me that they took away your freedom to make your own spells, and removed MANY awesome skills (including my favorite, acrobatics)!
i know... I have no idea what they were thinking! lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts