• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What view do you play in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forumate

I normal play third person action adventure games so I thought I would play Skyrim exclusively in the third person, but I must say I love! the detail from playing in first person. I have found that the fights I have gotten into are more fun and engaging in the first person view than the third.

When I'm in towns, 3rd, when I'm adventuring or fighting, 1st.

Touchstone

I didn't choose one, because I use either one depending on what I'm doing. 3rd is better for sneaking between traps, etc. First is better for targeting an opponent.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
It took me a few games to get used to the first person instead of the 3rd iso view but I stick with first completely now. I flipped to third a couple times so I could see what my character looked like but that's about it. There werewolf view drives me a bit batty.

I use both simultaneously 3rd when I roam and first with my bow I just feel more accurate

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
1st in combat always. It's difficult to judge the distance between being hit with a Greatsword and letting it fall just shy of you - giving you a shorter amount of distance to close in order to retaliate.

Umbranar

I started in first, moved on to third, then back to first since aiming spells and arrows is kinda weird in third (point of origin is too low to shoot someone properly). When i walk around randomly in the world i usually do 3rd person though im slowly getting back to first since i like the thrill of traveling in first person because of the limited view.

Onyx

I mix and match. For my 2nd characater, my assassin, I mainly play in 3rd person. The two main reasons are
1. I think he looks awesome and admire as much as possible
2. When sneaking i can see around corners etc in third person.

I usually fight in 1st person except when I want to see the duel wield dagger power attack which looks awesome in third person :)

diazm7

bow control, use one hand
I use 1rst exclusively, the only time I've ever used 3rd is when I'm playing final fantasy or forza. 1rst, I believe is how these games should be played, through the eyes of character you created.

demujin

In TES games first person is the primary view. In this latest installment the developers have improved third person playing, for those who prefer it. As for me, I play in first person during all combat and most interactions. I only use third person view when I want to look at my bad ass character.

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
First person while in battles and inside caves and stuff, 3rd person while running around and traveling.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts