What to do in Skyrim when you don't feel like doing quest?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kablewee

Normally, when I get bored on Skyrim (which is becoming more frequent as my playing hours progress), I basically save my game and go on a mass-murdering spree killing everyone I see. It's quite enjoyable for the first 5-10 minutes really. Then it gets old.

I also took my follower to high hrothgar and Fus-Ro-Dah'd him over the cliff, which was amusing.
Hahaha ,same here. I like to transform into Werewolf start the slaughter :)

Stone

Retired Moderator

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
^err...I thought it was cringe worthy and it makes me feel quite old, those kids look like they're 8. haha i can appreciate the effort, but sometimes i like to pretend that video games aren't really a little kid hobby. you're like totally breaking my illusion, man. In all seriousness though, cool vid if that's yours skyrimlover4 :)

anyway, on topic...
lol, last night I got drunk and just wandered around the map in Skyrim for like 3 hours. I intentionally ignored cities and any dungeons and for the most part stayed on the various roads. Haha, I had fun, I think. It's a beautiful game, I've never had so much fun basically doing nothing in a video game before. The sound is underrated too, everyone talks about the visuals but nobody really mentions the sounds. I love wearing headphones in this game as my character wanders the country side. Everything from the sound effects of your player moving over various terrain like stone one minute and snow the next to the sounds of birds and other animals to the sounds of rivers and waterfalls to the music are very well done (you don't hear too much of the shady voice acting by the same 5 people when you're just wandering...lol you can take time to appreciate the other game sounds).

Haha, I'm not ashamed to admit it, Skyrim gives me a sensory orgasm.

brandon

when and if i get bored i start doing the quest lines for a little bit. ive been avoiding the dungeons and have been trying to find hagravens to kill and the legion camps. since ive finished the stormcloak story line i started to take out the left over legion. which i was really surprised when i came across a group of legion soldiers with a prisoner. i sat back and watched them for about 20 mins to see where they were going. but they just kept walking back and forth in the woods. i imagined the conversation was along the lines of them trying to figure out where to take the prisonner. we cant go to this city its controlled by the stormcloaks. well what about markarth? no its controlled by the stormcloaks too. well are yall really wanting to walk all the way back to cyrodill? what are you retarded hell no. itll be a long ass walk and even longer with this peice of plops. well what was that? did you hear something? and thats when i took the first two with my bow and the last with my sword.

Slow Rider

Actually quite often I just travel around, trying to fill the white spaces on my map and enjoying the landscape.

Same here. I like to put on the headphones, dim the ambient lighting, and just wander around, listening to the sounds of nature. Finding a new point of interest or a terrain feature is always satisfying. The game experience to me is almost as important as the story itself. My kingdom for a HD VR helmet...

set atop a perch and shoot guards in the knee's .........

jam

I took my archer hunting. It really helped up my archery, sneak, smithing and speech quite a bit since I would use the pelts to create leather and then smith leather armor to sell.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Run around looking for quests, but dont do them, until I find a quest worth doing =))

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Speaking of that, you could try finding all the skyrim easter eggs. it's on youtube. Can't link right now because Youtube's blocked here in school (bleh).

that one guy

i sometimes like to takr my elven bow for a walk and hunt all the animals i see unless thay see me then its a firebolt to the face for them

Don't forget the Bee and Barb at prime time. Bring a bunch of junk and food and drop it all on the floor. The patrons will be at each others throats.

Leslie_Chow

If I'm not trying to level up my smithing and whatnot, I'm usually stealing a bunch of random stuf. Then when I reach the maximum carry limit, I go to my house in Riften and just drop everything I hoarded in the basement. I have a nice little mess going on in there. I also tend to mass drop a lot of items I don't want on public places.

I also like killing random farmers and hunters I come across with while walking in the map, strip their clothes off and basically do random stuff with their body. It's fun being a twisted freak in Skyrim.

Cheese my way through the levels by:
  1. sneaking backerways into a wall
  2. casting muffle..a lot
  3. shooting my summoned familiars with arrows
  4. slicing my summoned familiars with swords and stuff
  5. pay a follower for lessons than trade what we got for halloween (i take all the chocolate coins back)
  6. take everything from dragonsreach and sell each bowl, one at a time
  7. make iron daggers, improve and enchant them, and realize that I still don't break even

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I stopped watching youtube videos because i realized they will make me get bored of Skyrim quicker. Plus they often contain spoilers and cheats I don't want to know about.

As for what to do, steal a horse and go riding, dude.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts