• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PrisonerLizzie

I know someone said this before but one thing.
The old elder scrolls had some serious issues when it came to customization and balancing.

The more choices the game give the easier it is to make the game impossible to play (Useless/bugged skills, Butt ugly monstrosities) or supremely over powered (ala spell creation, Daggerfalls self countering weaknesses, enchanting). This issue pervades this game series all the time. Here it is plain and simple.

The more it gives the harder it is to balance the game to those choices. I mean look at it know, despite it being streamlined and narrowed down some skills STILL fall apart (Speech anyone?).

I may be new to the elder scrolls world but I've been with gaming long enough to understand that skyrim needs some serious tweaking to improve immersion. I mean COME ON Amnesia: The dark descent had better physics than this!

Bethesda is kind of bad at cutting corners AND expanding the game in general.

And one more thing I WANT MY BARDS COLLAGE *sob* I love music and books.

Did my random fart during sneak come off as that pushy? I thought we were just bantering fun what ifs and suggestions....

Did my random fart during sneak come off as that pushy? I thought we were just bantering fun what ifs and suggestions....

What? NO! no no no. This had something to do with the guy that talked about the "streamlining is bad" and "MOAR CUSTOMIZATIONZ!!!111101" thing that set me off because I played Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, they all had extensive skill, class, and stat customization and system was easily broken in half (daggerfall and the spell customization of oblivion was the worst). As the series continued they cut out streamlined and rearranged stuff (at least in compared to the previous one).

BTW the farting thing is actually funny. Kind of like the random tripping = 1sec invincibility in Brawl. I always laugh for some reason when it saves me or leads to a cheap death. Gets me every time.

You know another thing skyrim lacks? Explosions. And I mean the kind that send you reeling. Dragons and mages would be infinitely more annoying with carpet bombing and stealth missiles.

Also PERKS FOR EVERYONE. Seriously I wouldn't mind spending excess dragon souls to empower others or something.

...I need to stop or this post will span a 11 page long self demonstration of ADD

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
To say what "Skyrim lacks" is just saying what they thought of but didn't have enough time to get into the game really.

I will say there are a few things I think that could have been done better (but very few and everything else I love about Skyrim)

But my ONE Big Pet-Pieve with Skyrim is..

...The Blades.

The Blades were always the "CIA/Her Majesty's Secret Service" of the The Elder Scrolls. They were as Noble of a Rouge/Assassin that you could find while still being a bunch of Bad-@sses. Even other Fantasy games copied the idea. (Wow's SI:7, etc)

But it kept going down hill. Their Presence was spot on in Morrowind, but then In Oblivion they kind of became more of a Royal Guard for the Emperor. There were still some "Cloak and Dagger" -ish quests with them in the main storyline, but after that came Skyrim.

Now they are "Glorified Dragonhunters of Old".. I mean "WHAT?!!?".. "Seriously?!?!". It hardly makes sense. I understand that Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn so to speak, but He never fought Dragons!!! That throws the whole Storyline away no matter how much you retcon it. As well as the whole, "We Originally Fought Dragons and then Served the Empire later" is just not working for me.

They didn't need to make them "An Ancient Sect of Dragon Hunters" and they didn't have to change the state that Blades are in for Skyrim (aka getting wiped out by the Thalmor) to make their original dynamic make sense. It could have just been as easy to say that they are still sworn to Uphold the Old Septim Empire and will fight for it and against it until it is rid of the Thalmor. It's not so hard. Even the Dragon Menace is still in those motivations. The Empire siting on a World being Eaten by a Dragon God can still a Bad thing for the Empire.

And in the invention of all of this, they tried to create a "Heart Tugging" decision for the Player: To Kill Parthanex or to not kill Parthanex. That was the Dumbest idea ever.

The Player should be able to Join the Blades and experience that small part of the content as well as well as Be in good with the Grey-Beards and experience that small part of content on the same Character.

They tried to say "Well there would be a conflict of the Characters intrests". Well how about becoming the Harbringer of the Companions and the Arch-Mage of the Winderhold Mages College on one lazy Saturday. That to me is more of a Conflict of Character Intrests, yet they don't care about that one. There is NO Reason to create a big "OH Whatcha Gonna Do?!?!?!" between the Blades and the Grey-beards. The Motivation that they took with all of it ruined the Blades abit who used to be such a Cool, awesome Elderscrolls Faction.

Maybe I'm the Only one that feels this way, but I am prepared to Nerd Rage on that Subject.

(I do still love the Embassy Infiltration Quest though. That was very Blades'ish :D )

MF Punk

Just a few peeves for me.

1. Civil war goes nowhere. Unless its in future dlc.

2.A lowly guard in morthal walks up to the legendary dragonborn, leader of the now renowned thieves guild, Listener of the dark brotherhood, Eater of the world eater Alduin, Captain of the blades, Emperor Titus's assassin, Leader of the companions guild, Savior of the civil war, and Arch Mage of the mages guild.

The guard approaches this hero and says:

"Hey buddy, get out of my way huh? Degenerates like you stinking up the place, such nerve!"

3. More story/depth to companions?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
1. SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS

2. Earth Magic

3. Unarmed Skill Tree

4. Tamable pet foxes, rabbits, bears, wolves, etc. that return to your house and act as followers with names

5. Wereboars

I WOULD LOVE #4!!! I think the game is lacking in realistic body motion and appearance... skin looks pixeley, and when I made Mjoll take off her armor to give her some new ones, her stomach looked super sucked in. Doesn't look realistic at all.

Also, maybe... I think the game lacks variety as far as scenery goes. Everywhere you go is a tundra or forest. Where's something new?

Twiffle

What about being able to craft our own arrows but poisoned ones. EG: 2 x orchish ingot, 2 x firewood & 2 x poison = 15 poisoned orcish arrows etc. You could then carry lots of different poisoned arrow sets for different situations and use as required such as the poisoned or paralyse etc.

Bobby Stormcloak

No, I'm not related to Ulfric. Stop asking.
I could go on and on with an answer to this question, but I'll keep it simple.

1. The ability to kill any and everyone in the game. Can't tell you how many times I've attacked Delphine in vain. And Maven Black-Briar, Brynjolf, Irileth, Skald the Elder, etc. Give me a message afterwards so I can reload a save.

2. Better followers. And by better, I mean followers who don't charge a Dwarven Centurion Master while they're low on health (I'm looking at you Lydia).

3. I wish the telekinesis spell could pick up enemies and toss them around like a sack of potatoes.

4. Different dialogue options when you get caught by guards. You mean I'm Harbinger/Guild Master/Listener/etc. and you don't even care?

"By the order of the Jarl, stop right there!"

"I listen for the Night Mother. Back away."

"Oh... I'm terribly sorry. Please don't let me stop you."

Another thing that Makes me upset? Their willingness to put quantity over quality. I mean infinite fetch/kill this quests are nice and all but have more of those special little quests that feel like a small adventure. The kind that plays out like a good story. That motivate and reward you with a good story, place, and (optionally) loot.

Many of the ones in Markarth are awesome, their are a few in Windhelm that where good. I forget a couple others but it has been a while since I played. I really enjoyed those more structured non-fetch/kill-this quests. Many where better than the main quests.

JoeReese

I have wondered about weapons breaking, when up against superior material. Like an iron sword used to block a steel or dwarven weapon, or struck against a steel shield, may have x % chance to break. For the sake of ease, maybe increase by a few percent for each level of difference. Say iron vs. steel breaks at 5%, Skyforge steel at 7%, but iron vs dwarven at 10%, ebony at 15% or something like that.

I think that would add a sense of emergency to the combat thereafter, and would bring the importance of your backup weapon (dagger, etc) to center.

jaomile

More variety of unique weapons. Pale blade and Red eagle are the same as ancient nord swords. They could have made them more different than just making pale blade transparent. Or Shield of Solitude-one of the best shields in game but looks like any guard's shield.
One more thing are mage robes. There isn't enought customization if you are a mage (and boots cliping when wearing master robes is annoying).

Twiffle

More variety of unique weapons. Pale blade and Red eagle are the same as ancient nord swords. They could have made them more different than just making pale blade transparent. Or Shield of Solitude-one of the best shields in game but looks like any guard's shield.
One more thing are mage robes. There isn't enought customization if you are a mage (and boots cliping when wearing master robes is annoying).

and the robes are sooo booooring, dull blue, grey or brown and the arch mage has a bit of fur on it wow! doesnt exactly get the juices flowing with excitment

Commodus

The biggest issue I have with Skyrim is simply that it's not brutal enough. We see the outskirts of the city as horrid places, in which Witches have trophies of the Spriggans they've killed and Vampires live in squalid, blood-drenched nests. But the cities themselves are too peaceful, too serene, too calm.

I enjoy stealing, I pickpocket, I break into peoples homes, no sooner am I thane than I rob the Jarl who just promoted me.
Call me crazy but I'd love a justice system.

So, for thievery, it would go something like this:

1st offence - You go to jail.
2nd offense - You are pilloried and watch from a first person view as an angry mob throw plops at you.
3rd offense - You are dragged into the centre of town and have a hand cut off - permanently impacting your ability to wield a weapon.

Give us consequences!
When I killed Ulfric, it felt good but anticlimactic. I wanted my comrades to drag his corpse through the streets, I wanted to find his head being kicked around by Elves in the Grey Quarter.
Basically, I would love a far more brutal vision of city, town and village life.

And have at least one Jarl who is horribly evil and cruel. Like, 'I had my chief advisor impaled' evil. In the game, every Jarl feels too benign.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I would make the loot drops and thane quest rewards more consistent with what the character uses. Almost every single quest reward weapon is one handed. I had to use the Creation Kit to go in and change Dawnbreaker to a 2 handed weapon just to make it worthwhile to do the quest.

fluff it. I'll just make my own mod to fix all this crap. Not worth wasting the time complaining about it.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Hi guys! I just wanna ask, what do you think the skyrim game lacks?

As for me, i think it lacks cinematics. Like after every quest there will be a cinematics about the quest. I think it will make skyrim more epic.
Multiplayer. Not like, WoW type multiplayer, but maybe just the ability for a friend to jump into my game and help me with a formidable foe. Or being able to jump into someone else's to see how they built their house.

ThatOtherGuy

Online Co-op. I love playing as a mage while my friend loves playing as a warrior. This means he could be the tank while I "snipe". Gotta be careful with them fireballs though.

Duncan Hendrickson

Unarmed Badass
1.An unarmed tree, because my character is unarmed

2.Online co-op, just so my friend and I could flank everyone

Veezara

Assassin
The game lacks emotion in its characters, for example a character just stands there and their really pissed off and all they do is stand there with no movement just talking if you know what I mean by this.

Mick the Nord

Hi guys! I just wanna ask, what do you think the skyrim game lacks?

As for me, i think it lacks cinematics. Like after every quest there will be a cinematics about the quest. I think it will make skyrim more epic.
Skyrim needs seafaring and inland boating. Sailing should be a skill with offensive and defensive applications.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

I wouldn't mind some killable children, excluding mods of course. Half the kids in Skyrim (possibly an exaggeration) are looking for a good ass whooping.

"What're you lookin' at? I'm not afraid of you, ya know. Even if you are my elder."
"I thought warriors were supposed to be tough"
"Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots. Good job."
"Absurd that you can't get good Sweetrolls in this skeeverhole of a city."
"One of the new servants? Remember that I like my meat rare."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts