Quest What Race do you play in Skyrim? w/ Poll (Remake)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What Race are You?

• Imperial

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Reguard

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Breton

Votes: 25 12.3%
  • Nord

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • Orc

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • High Elf

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Dark Elf

Votes: 24 11.8%
  • Wood Elf

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Argonian

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Khajiit

Votes: 29 14.2%

• Total voters

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
lol, got a bad case of the alt-itis. I scrapped my high elf character because I couldn't really get into him, I hate the high elves.

Started a new Breton conjurer last night. I'm only level 10 right now after a few hours of play but everything is coming together nicely and working very well. I wear heavy armor, including a shield. I start every fight by summoning a flame atronach, then use the stoneflesh alteration spell for the extra 60 armor, then conjure a bound sword. I have enough magic I can do one right after the other without delay so it doesn't take as long as it sounds.

I'm not up to 50 yet in conjuration or alteration, so I've only been using those apprentice level spells for now, but I haven't had much difficulty and it works out anyway because I wouldn't have enough magic yet to cast 3 adept level spells in a row without any delay. I'll continue to pump magic heavily though so I can use more powerful conjuration and alteration spells in conjunction with one another as my character levels up.

I don't use smithing or enchanting, so the extra 60 armor on top of the heavy armor I have access to at early levels (steel right now) makes a huge difference and with mystic binding, the conjured sword is as powerful as a daedric sword, which is a lot more powerful than the best weapons available right now (orcish).

All in all, conjuration and alteration so far is, and seems like it will continue to be, a very fun combination and worth trying if anyone wants to try something different. Though if you're someone who rushes to get the best armor and weapons straight away via smithing, the conjured weapons and the alteration armor spells wouldn't have the same appeal since the conjured weapons would be weaker than the ones you can make and the alteration armor spells would be worthless if you were already at the armor cap. Try it without using smithing for the best results.

Bretons are a good choice for the build because the alteration tree has valuable magic resistance perks that will stack with the Breton's starting 25% magic resistance and they also have the highest starting bonus to conjuration.

Excellent; I appreciate your time that you put into this behind your Breton. Bretons are easily 1 of the best Races throughout TES series.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Excellent; I appreciate your time that you put into this behind your Breton. Bretons are easily 1 of the best Races throughout TES series.
Thanks, I enjoy this thread and I enjoy reading about and trying to think of different builds...though I'm pretty happy with my Breton and will stick with him for a while, I think. I played a Breton sword and shield Warrior in Oblivion for hundreds of hours, but made many characters of different races in Skyrim before building this Breton because I wanted to try something new.

I like Orcs the best in Skyrim because their active ability is so good and fun to use, but I was told berserker rage doesn't work with conjured weapons...so Breton was the logical choice for a conjuring character and my second favorite race in Skyrim.

LEVEL 51 WOOD ELF :D spent close to 200 hours on him. Havent even made a second character yet! (need to make a mage) Im on xbox as well :p

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
wow it's been a bit since I looked at this poll; suprised at the results so far; especially orcs being the least; Double Damage Racial / Half dmg taken? c'monnnn lol.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Thanks, I enjoy this thread and I enjoy reading about and trying to think of different builds...though I'm pretty happy with my Breton and will stick with him for a while, I think. I played a Breton sword and shield Warrior in Oblivion for hundreds of hours, but made many characters of different races in Skyrim before building this Breton because I wanted to try something new.

I like Orcs the best in Skyrim because their active ability is so good and fun to use, but I was told berserker rage doesn't work with conjured weapons...so Breton was the logical choice for a conjuring character and my second favorite race in Skyrim.

LOL. It was the opposite way for me; my first character was a Breton, my current an Altmer.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Yeah my first characters were Orc/ Breton / Orc / Orc / Altmer /Dark Elf / Orc / Redguard / Imperial / Argonian / pretty much rerolled a bunch of times; leveling is pretty easy in the game. In the End I am an orc.

Panthera

Don Gato
My characters are:

- Male Khajiit assassin, lvl 37 (dual wielding swords and daggers) On hold
- Male Khajiit mage, lvl 15 (maybe battle mage with dual wielding swords) On hold
- Male Orc warrior, lvl 17 ( I'm considering to have all orcish weaponry and armor, dual wielding axes) Active
- Male Altmer warrior, lvl 1( I'm considering to have all elven weaponry and armor, dual wielding axes) Starting
- Female Nord assassin/warrior, lvl 1 On hold
- Male Dunmer, don't know yet what class to play, lvl 1 On hold

Spladdock

Khajiit for me at the start for my assassin but i think i will be making my second character and orc due to when i usto play wow i loved my orc in that game so i only have to honor him with a new creation of him in skyrim :) 2handed manic with the lust for blood in his eyes... definalty wont be a gentle giant

wheato

Premium Member
Khajiit for me at the start for my assassin but i think i will be making my second character and orc due to when i usto play wow i loved my orc in that game so i only have to honor him with a new creation of him in skyrim :) 2handed manic with the lust for blood in his eyes... definalty wont be a gentle giant

I also had an Orc in WoW. He was a tank, and dual wielded the hell out of most things he came up against. Really enjoyed playing as him, and he's partly the reason I made a dual-wielding Orc in Skrim.

Spladdock

i never went duel weild was always arms spec my assassin is duel wield so the orc is going to be 2 handed for abit of a difference

Malahni

Level 21 female Khajiit... not sure if I'm going to make another character. If I did it might be more for the purpose of roleplaying, which seems like a lot of fun. Haven't finished the main quest yet and probably won't for a while; right now I'm doing Thieves Guild jobs :)

Panthera

Don Gato
Level 21 female Khajiit... not sure if I'm going to make another character. If I did it might be more for the purpose of roleplaying, which seems like a lot of fun. Haven't finished the main quest yet and probably won't for a while; right now I'm doing Thieves Guild jobs :)
Here is one Like from me just for being Khajiit! :)

Malahni

Here is one Like from me just for being Khajiit! :)

Khajiit's unite! I couldn't see myself playing as any other race, honestly :) I'm also currently in love with Kharjo, my Khajiit's follower. He's adorable and I love how he speaks, not to mention he's very useful in combat. if only they could marry.

Xiomn

I'm playing a Redguard warrior 1h/shield with all the Redguard gear on and with Ahtar with his Redguard hood equipped. Shame he can't wear the other gear. :sadface:

Panthera

Don Gato
Khajiit's unite! I couldn't see myself playing as any other race, honestly :) I'm also currently in love with Kharjo, my Khajiit's follower. He's adorable and I love how he speaks, not to mention he's very useful in combat. if only they could marry.

Yeah too bad you can't get married with your own race... -.-

Edit: J'zargo is the only follower who will level with you to 81 level.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Currently playing as a wood elf because I liked the benefits. And I like being an elf :D She's my trial character, so her skills are pretty scattered, but I focused on two-handed, mostly. Gonna make a Khajiit soon, sneaky type and dual wield, cause after doing the Thieves Guild quest I decided I liked sneaky =))

Mabe

I play a 2h Orc tank / smith currently level 32. I almost always play pure melee fighters which made the Orc a logical choice. My only regret is playing the main story with him and not a Nord. The game is written around them, it would have made more sence and been easier to rp. Hes been a lot of fun though. He rips through almost anything in 1-2 shots with his daedric hammer. I spend a lot of time playing around the Orc strong holds hunting wildlife and murdering just about any human near by.

When I get board of him I think I was to try an archer thief. I just hate redoing the same quests and crap to build a guy up.

Windress

I'm currently playing an Altmer Mage/Archer named "Kitala Wasatahca" (Oglala Sioux, loosely translates to "Little Strong Deer.") Kitala tends to be my starting go-to character in most games, and I have greatly enjoyed using the conjuration skill alongside ranged spells and Archery to combat most forces in Skyrim

I've also just started a Khajiit thief named "Tikor Dihmet" (Amharic, poorly translates to "Black Cat," ha) that I expect to be a great deal of fun. I haven't gotten far with him yet, but I am already starting on Dark Brotherhood quests!

Basically I'd rather play anything that isn't human.