• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mrlymric

I finished all the Main Quests from the Skyrim story, Dawngaurd and Dragonborn DLC's.
My character is lvl 63, she is a pure Stealth/Archer with 100 sneak, 100 Archery, 100 enchanting and 100 smithing, so now i am just working up my Destruction and Conjuration, once i get those two schools to 100 then ill use my black book and take my points out of Archery BUT keep all my sneaking perk points, so i can play Stealth Mage. I will be filling out the conjuration school of taking all the perks, also in Illusion school, just up to Quiet Casting perk only,My new play style is being a Silent Destructive mage with ability to have my pets helping and taking up the damage for me.

What i need to know is what all perks do i need to take in Destruction tree?

Rune Master is a big NO to me, i will not take.

Conjuration School i already know what i will be taking. :):):)

MrDSL

I take just about everything except Rune and I dont take the perk for fire that makes enemies flee (i dont like chancing down enemies especially when they are almost dead).

I also dont take the perks to make spells cheaper but thats because im high level and dont pay to cast destruction..i would take those if i didnt have enough % casting off.

i believe thats 12 pts...like i said you may need to pick up the reducing cast perks depending on your gear.

mrlymric

Ok cool, Rune i already new not to take and the Fire does make sense not to take, i am same way i do not want to chase mobs down lol.

You mentioned casting destruction spells to offset the %, so that means i had some gear that have % destruction cost is less to use then i wouldn't have to worry about taking the Destruction Casting % perks? If so then that should be np since i can enchant all my gear, atm just working on raising my destruction skill, so i'm just wearing gear that gives me increase magicka bu so many points and also gear that cause my magicka regens faster by so much %.

Once i have my schools all at 100 then ill go make a complete set of armor and gear and all enchanted.
Is there a % cap on , say destruction spells costs less than 50% to cast, or a robe that has magicka regens 150% faster???

So i know if i need to take those destruction perks to cast for half the magicka .

MrDSL

I honestly dont know the math on any of it...I can get my gear up to 33% off enchant with no glitches so wearing 3 pieces gets me to 96%..Ive never had to worry about many with destruction but I only really use fireball, ice spear and maybe a couple others.

i also enjoy using lightning storm as a finshing move on dragons that way i dont have bones laying around town or where ever getting in my way.

mrlymric

No problem on the math part, I do need some help tho, I'm embarrass to say this but with my disability i am having mental bock, I'm here in front of the enchant table but i can't figure out what all,I need to enchant for destruction, increase ,in magicka and magicka regens, atm i am stumped and waiting for this mental block to pass.

Could you please list your enchanted gear, so i have something to go off of, please?

Atm here is what i have on and using one of my tortured humans in my dark brotherhood hideout to raise my destruction skill.

I am wearing:

Aetheriol Crown so to double my skill up speed with my mage stone

Gold Ring Increase magicka by 62, magicka regens 62% faster

Necklace increase magicka by 62

Gloves increase magicka by 62

Robe of Resurgence magicka regens 150%

so this is what I'm using with destructon spell Sparks and restoration spell Healing Hands on my tortured human till i get destruction and restoration skills to 100 using restoration just to level up for perk points but will not be putting any perks in the restoration skill.

But as i said atm i'm standing here at enchant table and can't fugure out my complete set of gear to wear all the time as a mage, doing the college quests and other side quests, so i can really use some help,lol , i hate my disability. stupid memory block.

MrDSL

On my pure mage I ran

Helm - Destruction % off and magicak regen <-- not the one that combines both but each seperate for two enchants)

Armor - Same as helm

Bracers- +magicka and whatever other one you want.

Boots- I dont believe there is any mage stuff for boots...i normally do muffle and another random enchant depending on my build.

Amulet/Necklace - again I went with same as helm/armor

ring - i believe i used +health and magicka

When I play pure mage on master level i need to not worry about magicka because it takes a lot of fireballs and ice spears to take a dragon down!! hehe

mrlymric

Lol got to love some of those nasty dragons, with my archer build some dragons bamm 3 hits and there dead then others sheesh, you going to die or what LOL. TYVM for the enchant gear you listed, this will help me get a better understanding of what i need to do and way i'll be playing as a pure mage or stealth mage.

Soon as this dang mental block goes away i'll come back and work on making my complete set :):):)

MrDSL

yeah my weakness is magic...i guess its just my play style but i always have problems fighting magic users so i normally run 100% spell absorb if possible.

i just started a female breton last night so i can atronarch stone and have full spell absorb for a limited time.

pretty awesome for going up levels..

My picks are: Augment Elements, Deep Freeze (Paralysis Effects rock for Stealthy types) Disintegrate (Weakens on strike, like Marked for Death, and Dragonrend) and whatever Ranks (Novice-Master) you think you'll be casting. Dual Cast/Impact is optional, the ability to Stunlock is powerful, but at the expense of Magicka Efficiency. A lot of this depends on if you're going to be Enchanting for Free Destruction, that being the case, Novice, Augment, skip all the other Ranks, and Dual/Impact.

mrlymric

Yes, I'll being going most gear i can enchant less cost of destruction and rest of enchants be increase magicka and magicka regen But most likely i will be getting all the perks in Destruction Tree except Rune master and way i am looking to play this toon is one hand destruction spelll and other hand a conjuration of a pet spell, so not sure if ill get dual casting and impact, BUT rest of destruction perks i'm going to go ahead and grab m just cause i will have a lot of points left over, cause i will be refunding all of my archery perks and right side of sneak tree perks and most likely refund all of my light armor tree, since i am going stealth mage or on other hand go Pet mage, since i already have 100 on conjuration, just havent put in my perks i want but i already know what i am taking in conjuration, the left side of the tree so i get Twin Souls:):):)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts