• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Haha.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Only one character of mine has ever had anything to with romance, and that was a crush on an NPC girl from Solitude that didn't go anywhere. That should tell you my preferences when it comes to relationships in RPs. :p

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    That's the reason I try to make it even lol so at least not every male roleplayer is ignoring everything else to hit on the one female in the group :p. To be honest I find romance to be a distraction. I mean if it develops naturally with the plotline? Sure. But if that's the main reason someone joins a roleplay or it's forced I tend to get extremely annoyed. anyways, your reputation precedes you though I've never personally rp'd with you. Submit an application(I have yet to chose a year, I suppose any will do though it is after the civil war. The stormcloaks won. Let's say seven years after Ulfric won and ascended the throne) and I will get back to you.

Delusional

...the... the Stormcloaks... won...?

tumblr_lrsnzdBKye1qafrh6.gif

Delusional

:D

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Name: Eldric

Sex: Male

Race: Nord

Birthplace: Solstheim

Current Residence: Solitude, Skyrim

Alliances or Affiliations: Part time student at the College of Winterhold, ally of the House Telvanni of Morrowind

Appearance: See my avatar. Here's a larger version.

Personality: Eldric is almost always cheerful and friendly, if a little bit shy. He is quite loyal, and will defend his friends no matter the cost, up to and including his own life or the life of their attackers. His greatest passion is magic, including all the schools with a particular interest in lost magical techniques such as Shadow Magic or levitation.

In terms of romance, he tends to make a complete fool out of himself. He is typically somewhat clumsy, a trait that gets exaggerated tenfold when he's around someone he fancies. He doesn't drink alcohol, preferring, hilariously, milk. The taunting got old after a while.

History: Eldric was born and raised in Solstheim. The son of two sailors, he was typically left on the island while his parents made deliveries across Tamriel. He developed limited survival skills, gathering his own food to bring back to the family home. His house was located on the Northern part of island, thus depriving him of friends.

This cycle continued until Eldric was eight. An Imperial general knocked on his door. The man told Eldric his parents were killed at sea, their ship raided by pirates. Now alone, Eldric remained in the family home, living off snowberries and what little bread he had left. Eventually, he met a group of hunters.

Taking pity on the boy, the hunters led him to a small village. It was full of fellow Nords, dressed in various furs. A large Nord led Eldric into a dining hall. As the child warmed himself by the fire, the chieftain of the village spoke to him, explaining that this was the home of the Skaal, a nomadic tribe of Nords.

In turn, Eldric told the man his story. The chieftain took pity on the boy, and inducted him into the Skaal, raising him as one of their own. Eldric began to serve as an apprentice to Storn, the village shaman. Though he did not devote himself to their religion, Eldric fully embraced the Skaal's values, believing that all life was precious. Though he knew that killing was sometimes necessary, Eldric decided to leave that to the warriors.

As he grew, Eldric began to show his talent for magic, particularly frost spells. When he reached the age of sixteen, he was sent out of the village as a rite of passage, to return when he had mastered the ancient frost spells. Eldric started his journey in Skyrim, searching for a wizard who could help him further his abilities, whom he found in the form of Relyn Telvayn.

Telvayn was Mage Lord of the Great House Telvanni, who possessed a large laboratory in Hjaalmarch. Eldric had heard many stories, tales centuries old, and was eager to meet this fabled wizard. Upon reaching Telvayn's laboratory, Eldric was greeted by a frail old elf, a far sight from the immortal sorcerer he had heard of. Telvayn led him inside, and explained his story.

One year earlier, the Telvanni's magic had been stolen from him in the midst of a battle against a Vampire Lord, a servant of the Daedric Prince Molag Bol. He was dying, the magic that had kept him alive for so long had vanished. In his new found old age, he required an apprentice, someone who could keep his lab running. He promised Eldric full access to his library and alchemy supplies, so the boy agreed.

Another year passed before Relyn Telvayn finally succumbed to his age and died a peaceful death. His possessions, including his spell tomes and, most importantly, his enchanted satchel, were left to Eldric. Too young to join the College of Winterhold, and too poor to find a place to live, Eldric embarked on a journey with Relyn's friends, a group of noble thieves, knights, and healers, hoping to find the legendary Necromancer's Amulet.

It was at the end of this journey, in the ruin known as Fang Lair, that Eldric learned a very unfortunate truth about life in Tamriel: killing was, occasionally, necessary. With the group's leader dead, claimed by an undead horde, and two others injured, the young mage was left to stop the necromancer threatening the group. Eldric, breaking his vow to never take the life of a living creature, sent a frost bolt into the necromancer's heart.

He parted ways with the survivors, choosing to return to Skyrim and continue his studies. When he turned eighteen, he was accepted into the College of Winterhold, where he studies part time, balancing his training with his personal life in Solitude. Always ready to learn about the myths and legends of Skyrim, he was drawn to the Rift when he heard rumors of strange occurrences in the hold.

Roleplaying Sample: By the time Eldric had gotten to the bar, Garrus had already booked a room and left, leaving the others to pay for their own beds. This was when it finally hit him: he had no money. He had never needed it on Solstheim, and Relyn had always given him what he needed in order to purchase things. Now, he couldn't afford a loaf of bread, much less a room. His Nordic pride kept him from asking Elsa for money, so he simply decided to settle down with others. He'd probably wind up sneaking into the cellar or something like that.

Finding an empty table, Eldric sat down. "Friends!" He called out, attempting to draw the group's attention. "Friends, over here!" He waited a minute to see if anyone had heard him. They hadn't. He gave a sigh and slumped down in his chair. "Can I get you something, Eldric?" He looked up and saw Minette Vinius standing next to him. He quickly sat upright, banging his knee on the underside of the table. He should have cried out in pain, but he was too busy being pleased that she had remembered him. "Are... you okay?" "Me? Oh, I'm fine." He said, rather nervously. She gave a small laugh. "Glad to hear it. Now, was there anything you-"

A loud crack was heard around the tavern. All heads immediately turned to the back of the room, where a Dunmer girl was standing over Elsa, her fist outstretched. A nervous looking Imperial man sat behind the two women. Minette hurried over, attempting to stop the fight. "Please, take it outside! We don't want anyone getting hurt!"

Ignoring her plea, the two resumed their brawl. Eldric flicked his wrists, and two orbs of frost appeared in his palms. He was going to resolve this conflict peacefully. "Stand back," he called out, eager to impress Minette. "I'm going to make sure this gets ended right now!" He took aim the Dunmer girl, attempting to harmlessly freeze her. Unfortunately, she was moving around so much he couldn't get a clear shot. When it looked like the spell would hit, Eldric sent the orbs flying.

They hit Minette instead. "Oh gods! Minette, I am so sorry!" He ran over to the frozen girl, and began to flip through a spell tome, desperately searching for a counter spell. As he continued searching, one thing became clear: Sorex was going to kill him.

(Sorry for the long sample.)

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Nice character, Gentleman. I think Eldric and Taric are going to like each other. :D

As for the whole female/male thing, yeah I feel like we could've used more females and I feel like I should've been more attentive and made note of the mostly male cast while making my character. I would've likely made a female had I known.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Kir the Silent

GA is accepted. I will get the thread up sometime today.

Delusional

Do we only have one female character?

Delusional

Hmm...

Kir the Silent

Sorry for the delay everyone. I will post the actual thread sometime in the morning. A family crisis has come up and I will be at the hospital all tonight. I apologize for the inconvenience and will have it up as soon as possible.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    hmmm....

Kir the Silent

What? You want in :p? Also everyone the family crisis has been resolved and the thread will be up first thing in the morning :D I finally had the time to write the intro out so I look forward to starting not my roleplay anymore but ours.

Delusional

YAY! :D

A.Auditore

maybe...
    What? You want in :p? Also everyone the family crisis has been resolved and the thread will be up first thing in the morning :D I finally had the time to write the intro out so I look forward to starting not my roleplay anymore but ours.
    I Dunno yet... was still thinking about it... maybe...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts