What is your favorite village/settlement/city?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jixer

Village: Rorikstead because of the atmosphere. I just love farming towns in video games.
Settlement: The lumber mill near falkreath (forgot the name of the place). The woman there is so nice :)
City: Riften because of the mix of crime and nobility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TJ0331

Nords forever
Village: Unsure
Settlement: Skaal village What can I say I love nords.
City: Depends on my character but I like whiterun because of the companions, and riften for my thieves. However I don't really feel at home in any one city.

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Whiterun is my fave

Amaryllis

Village - To be honest, I don't recall any village prior to the installation of Interesting NPCs striking me as particularly memorable. I remember Riverwood, because why wouldn't you, and Ivarstead, because I had just spent like an hour squat jumping my way up the mountain to High Hrothgar -- because why doesn't the map have roads on it? -- before I stumbled upon the village and they were like HEY THIS IS HOW YOU GET UP THERE! I'mma say Riverwood. Just because it's an answer.

Settlement - Shor's Stone. Sylgja is there. And my first time through, I was running and at low health, and the miners were sitting at their firepit for dinner and they all leapt up to save my ass from the spiders and wolves that were chasing me. It was awful nice of them.

City - Solitude. I usually tend to gravitate toward the upper crust cities (Cheydinhal was my favorite from Oblivion), and I like the architecture, the weather, the scenery, and a lot of the NPCs. It seems like a place where stuff is actually happening. Also, Jordis is the only housecarl I've had from the vanilla game who has never gotten me killed in an excruciatingly stupid way, or suddenly wigged out and decided to attack me (Valdimar joins her if we count Hearthfire).

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
in terms of usefulness? solitude. it has everything you need plus the best home in the game imo.. i do all my business there, selling, enchanting, smithing, ect.
in terms of fan favorite? windhelm. cause thats where Ulfric rules over all and he's the coolest character in the game imo..

Lucid

Village: Rorikstead. Second fave is Riverwood.

Settlement: Nightgate Inn - not sure it really counts as a settlement but I end up there a lot and find it a very comfortable way station.

City: Solitude. I am also becoming more fond of Windhelm, for reasons I can't identify.

Lucid

Luv Whiterun and Solitude, although Solitude's shopping could be better.

I think the shopping in Solitude is pretty great. What do you feel like is missing there?

I do wish there was a smelter, but I don't find a shortage of trading.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Village: Rorikstead. Second fave is Riverwood.

Settlement: Nightgate Inn - not sure it really counts as a settlement but I end up there a lot and find it a very comfortable way station.

City: Solitude. I am also becoming more fond of Windhelm, for reasons I can't identify.

Hey I hafta agree that i like nightgate inn as well. between fultiem and his stealable blades sword and the remote location that has a few quests around it, iv found myself sleeping there quite a bit lately!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Personally I would not live in any of Skyrim towns or Cities instead I would go south to Cyrodiil and live in the Imperial City or Skingrad or Anvil

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Favourite village is Riverwood, hands down. I love the environment around the village. The river, the trees everything is calm and tranquil there.

Solitude is the favourite for a city. After all I'm from Solitude aren't I.

As for a settlement, I've got nothing special, but I usually gravitate towards Heartwood Mill. The lake must be the cause.

Chadonraz

Village: Dragon Bridge
Settlement: Dunno... maybe Mixwater Mill, simply because I like the name. :p
City: Whiterun, Solitude and Falkreath are equally great. If I had to pick one, it'd be Whiterun. I spend the most time there, and it feels the most homely. :)

Clau

The Fateless One
Village: Ivarstead
Settlement: Mor Kgazgur (Orc stronghold east of Dragonbridge)
City: Whiterun

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
My favorite Village is probably Riverwood, wonderful people and the game around that area as well as the scenery is just incredible. I really like the Morthal area as well, a little depressing, but fun to explore. My favorite cities are definitely Whiterun and Markarth, I think Markarth definitely looks the coolest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts