What is your favorite playable race?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is your favorite playable race?

I really like the Altmer. Once you make them muscular enough, they become really badass and tough looking. Dark Elves are too dark looking for my character, and the Wood Elves look weird. So I'd say my favorite race is the Altmer.

Pete

Female Imperials, so many options on how to specialize. Runner up is female Nords for when I want to play Skyrim is for the Nords styles.

Right now I'm playing an elderly female Brenton vampire. Ugly to look at. Hit her with a sword and shell go down. She's mastering archery, conjuration, destruction and illusion trees only - fun.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Nords or Redguards are the options that I am stuck for chosing, both have their pros and cons. Although Nords have more of the Barbarian/Savage thing going on for them, Redguards have a distinctive mysterious outlander feeling especially with them hailing from Yukoda instead of Atmora.

elijahskyrim2

The Last Vampire, to End all Vampires
Mine would either be Nord or Altmer, Nord when I want to be a melee, Altmer for magic. I like these races because (I'm on xbox so no mods) I can make them look half decent, while still having good stats to work with.

Elijah

Tawneey

Wood elves or Nords would be my favourite. I used a Nord for my very first playthrough as it fit well with the whole dragonborn story, but I very much like playing as a Wood Elf because they're so cool looking, and archery is amazing.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Khajiit. It's a cat. A forking kitty running around slitting throats. Hell yes? Yes.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
For males I generally go Nord, they look the most 'normal' to me, and for some reason the others don't look as good IMO. Their battlecry ability also comes in handy, especially when I'm cornered and in need of a quick escape. Plus they're good when it comes to one/two handed.

For females, I'd go either Nord or Wood Elf, they look the best to me (Mind you, I use mods that make females look prettier) and the Command Animal power is really helpful, considering my Bosmer character is kind of a huntress, not to mention I can easily turn a pack of wolves against my enemies. And the archery bonus, I always use bows so the Wood Elf is most useful to me.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Altmer would be my favourite, I like the lore around them and I think they are the best looking of the elves. I just started playing a great spellsword build with an Altmer. I usually would go for Breton but I think in the end the +50 Magicka and the regeneration is more useful than the 25% magic resistance and absorption power.

For a Warrior build I always choose Orc, they look fierce as all hell with two-handed weapons and heavy armor, much more intimidating than a Nord and with better powers.

I love the look of the Redguards now though, a lot of bad assery potential with character making, and I've been meaning to try out a RG assassin after my current character.

All other races are too short, too ugly or practically useless power-wise.

Docta Corvina

Imperials are my favorites hands-down, with Bretons running a close second. As I've said elsewhere, I love the culture, the history, the sophistication and the physical aesthetic of Imperials. The Roman echoes certainly are an added bonus for me. :p I find Imperials overall to be the most effortlessly charming of all the peoples and I'll always utilize them in each game I play.

However, my current and most beloved character is a Breton/Redguard mix, who appears in my avatar. I'm interested in the notion of hybrid races and I decided to go that route with my current. Bretons are of course already a hybrid race of human and Altmer blood, and their magic resistance has always appealed to me additionally.

I have yet to play as a Nord, which collectively don't appeal to me much at all. I do plan to give a Redguard character a shot in the future though. They're also pretty neat. :)

MOROKEI

I'd have to say Orc. While each race is good for its own unique reasons, nothing beats the raw intimidation power of an Orc. Bad. Ass. That being said, I also appreciate their unique bestial appearance customization - fangs, cooler war paint, skin colour - and their racial ability is second to none. Berserker Rage lets you play on master like it's adept for a limited period of time. Awesome.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I've always gravitated toward the Nords. I do love the Imperials and Altmer, though.

I would say kahjit, just because me and my friend made a new character just to play around on and in the opening tutorial part, we went unarmed and threw an imperial threw thr ground. Like literally glitched him through the ground. lol

Ned

Nerevarine
Orc is my favorite looking race in Skyrim. They did an amazing job with them.

I went Nord because they were my favorite in Morrowind and because I was down with them getting their own game.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Dunmer. I've played as a dark elf in all the Elder Scrolls games (Daggerfall included). But I also am partial to Orsimur and Argonians. Orcs because they are the incredible hulks of Tamriel, and Argnoians cause they make good assassin builds... and they remind my of dinosaurs.

FullmetalHeart20

Hard to choose. I like Wood Elves. They love nature so much, but magic has a place in their world. And Bretons have elf blood. Always love a hybrid. And Kajiit. Those MANES!

Torok

Khajiit. They're so cute and awesome.

I'm going to say Khajiit mainly because I love their lore and the homeland sounds awesome.

CephalicMiasma

Orc is my favorite looking race in Skyrim. They did an amazing job with them.

I went Nord because they were my favorite in Morrowind and because I was down with them getting their own game.

I agree they totally did an amazing job with the Orcs look in this game.

The Orcs in Oblivion look almost cartoonish in comparison. Im not trying
to insult those who designed the orcs in that game, but my goodness
the difference is like night and day.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
My favorite race is Argonian. In my opinion taking up the role of Dragonborn and using dragon shouts as a lizard-man feels more epic. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts