• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?
So, I was browsing some mods and I found this and was wondering what specs would a computer need to run that on a decent FPS level? I figured I might need to sacrifice a goat to the mighty sun God Ra in order to make this crazy plops possible!

AcidCube

He says his specs in the link you provided, man. :p He has an i5-2500k at 4GHZ and GTX 670. On the RealVision mod I'm using the guy uses almost the same specs. I think that's about the bare minimum. You can pass for a 660 or 580. if you want it running smoothly. Just be sure you get an Intel processor.. my FX-8350 AMD processor doesn't seem to agree with Skyrim nearly as well as its Intel counterpart. It's a shame he doesn't provide a download link for the custom grass he is using, because I always wanted my grass to look like that.

L.t. Aldo Raine

Do I look like I fetch the mead?
He says his specs in the link you provided, man. :p He has an i5-2500k at 4GHZ and GTX 670. On the RealVision mod I'm using the guy uses almost the same specs. I think that's about the bare minimum. You can pass for a 660 or 580. if you want it running smoothly. Just be sure you get an Intel processor.. my FX-8350 AMD processor doesn't seem to agree with Skyrim nearly as well as its Intel counterpart. It's a shame he doesn't provide a download link for the custom grass he is using, because I always wanted my grass to look like that.

I clicked on that link before and got weird error messages in Spanish. Anyway, thanks mate I keep hearing that AMD are crap compared to intel.

AcidCube

I clicked on that link before and got weird error messages in Spanish. Anyway, thanks mate I keep hearing that AMD are crap compared to intel.

It really depends actually. AMD is better on some games, and good if you want to stream or edit videos, ect.. But Skyrim is just the one game that it performs horribly at compared to Intel, and that's disappointing really, because it's pretty much the only game I've been playing lately. Nothing is better than the i7 though.