What is the hardest way to play this game.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mytheos

Such as self imposed rules. Or playstyles.

My current character just smithed and enchanted his gear and he is so beast... id like to know how people play in terms of a serious role play. And to keep the game at a constant challenge.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Stick only to one of three play styles: Thief, Mage and Warrior.
Meaning only use perks for those skill trees, so a thief would not use any one-handed or archery perks. It adds to the roleplay value and also adds to the challenge as you cannot remove the weaknesses or increase the strengths. So, using a thief as the example again, you increase the capability of the 'Assassin's Blade' perk by using one handed perks.
Try pushing up the difficulty up to 'Master' for now (if you haven't already) it might not make a huge difference but it adds that other sense of risk.
This is only my suggestion and opinion, there may be other players who have more challenging methods that are unknown to me.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

Maybe scrap enchanting and smithing and limit your item acquisition to looting bodies and searching chests.

As the above comment states, purity adds to the difficulty and role play value (Who am I kidding? I've never done a single successful role play). If you're a thief, try to avoid illusion. If you're a mage, try to avoid heavy armor and armor in general. As a warrior, no restoration or destruction.

Or, you could try to mix and match odd skill combinations like two-handed and sneak, or block and unarmed. Something that doesn't stand out as advantageous. Honestly, I've never even tried a build that adds challenge to the game, so my suggestions are based on mere thought and no experience whatsoever. Good luck!

Without skills, or leveling. I've beaten it with a level 1 Kajiit, I don't mean don't hit the level button, and assign points, but not gaining any experience at all throughout. Unarmed, unarmored, no lockpicking, spellcasting, nor crafting. I had to do it on Novice, though. Scrolls, and Staffs are extremely helpful, but you can't recharge them without earning Enchantment experience.

For Master, Pure Mage. No weapons, armor, crafting besides Enchantment, basically if Altmer (Highly recommended) doesn't come with it, don't use that skill. You can assign Health/stamina instead of Magicka, but I needed all I could get. Mostly hid behind cover with Aura Whisper, Flaming Familiar, and Ice Storm, when there was cover. When there isn't, conjure, and KEEP MOVING. Out in the open your only viable defense (Beyond Alteration, which is barely enough) is to be a moving target, and out of reach. Zot archers first, then other mages, never let the rest get close. Get a good Tank follower.

Dead is Dead. (DiD) Turn off autosave, and don't hard save unless you're taking a break. Delete save files as you reload them, if you die, you go straight back to Helgen. I highly recommend Orc, Shield, and a backup bow (A good one.)

Mytheos

Dead is Dead. (DiD) Turn off autosave, and don't hard save unless you're taking a break. Delete save files as you reload them, if you die, you go straight back to Helgen. I highly recommend Orc, Shield, and a backup bow (A good one.)

This idea I very much like. Without abusing smithing and enchanting. Is Alduin beatable on Master

You have to abuse something. Crafting is the slowest way to go. I've beaten him on Master unarmed in a loincloth. (Spell Absorption.)

Stick only to one of three play styles: Thief, Mage and Warrior. Meaning only use perks for those skill trees, so a thief would not use any one-handed or archery perks.
Warrior is still the easiest way to go. All weapon skills, the best armor, shields, and smithing will beat anything in the game, on master, not even all that hard. Mage is tricky, Pure Thief is basically limited to avoiding all combat. You can't even backstab without 1 handed.

I have been playing no magic of any kind (I count alchemy as magic, so no potions), neither you nor any follower can use any enchanted items or any spells. Of course that limits which quests you can follow, but I have found it a refreshing change.

Urzek

Place a knife beside you when playing. Whenever you take hits from an enemy, cut yourself. Every time your life bar goes below 50%, stab one of your thighs.

I ensure you that it will make your gaming experience very exciting, challenging and realistic. I've tried it a few times and i only went to the hospital twice.

Falmer19

Turn your hud to 0%, master difficulty, have to eat three times a day and sleep once a day. Carry no more than 20-30 arrows, Limit carry weight, no crafting or enchanting, and start the game with no items but the ragged robes.

Mytheos

Turn your hud to 0%, master difficulty, have to eat three times a day and sleep once a day. Carry no more than 20-30 arrows, Limit carry weight, no crafting or enchanting, and start the game with no items but the ragged robes.

I think I've tried that. Hud to zero is something is like to do providing it got rid of the bar at the top that shows waypoints. I do like seeing stamina and health. Those I don't think I could live without. Any tips for staying alive in that kind of circumstance.

Oren74

Couple of very simple rules.

No crafting of any kind.

Do not buying equipment from vendors.

Only use what you find in questing.

Sure there are harder ways,

Falmer19

Mytheos,

Its really hard. I tried it once and died three times in Helgen. If you play that way you just have to get good at gauging how many hits you take and if your screen starts flashing.

Mytheos

Mytheos,

Its really hard. I tried it once and died three times in Helgen. If you play that way you just have to get good at gauging how many hits you take and if your screen starts flashing.

It's scary and exciting to think about trying.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Without skills, or leveling. I've beaten it with a level 1 Kajiit, I don't mean don't hit the level button, and assign points, but not gaining any experience at all throughout. Unarmed, unarmored, no lockpicking, spellcasting, nor crafting. I had to do it on Novice, though. Scrolls, and Staffs are extremely helpful, but you can't recharge them without earning Enchantment experience.

WOW, that is intense. Sounds like a real challenge! :)

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
Draw a mystic circle around you using blood(goat blood is good and legal). Then using the blood draw the 366 words of the eldritch god of portals and dimensions in the circle. Then get eleven ten foot copper wires and 22 3inch crystal spikes. Connect the crystal spikes to each wire. One on each end. Draw a smaller circle and symbols on your computer or Xbox, or what every youe use. Stab the 11 crystal and wire into the shell of your device computer or xbox or PS3, but not deep enough were it damages it. Then drive the other ends of the wires into the 11 engery points of your body. Turn on you game system and Skyrim. Chant the 366 words. Do not panick if neighborhood blacks out, its just the portal sucking out nearby energy. Then you will teleport into the lands of Skyrim and Tamriel. Your home also went poof whith you(Wizard of Oz effect is real).Have fun. PS I am not responsible for any damage or harm.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
put the game on master strip naked (no armor). and use no weapons just your bare fists. now go find 3 mammoths and 2 giants lol.