What is the fastest way to level up smithing?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OutKast

Yeah, I heard that they patched the "1000 iron daggers" trick a while back.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Hoard. I made an Orc to just be a fearsome warrior. But, i'm an avid hunter in real life. So In the game I enjoy spending several hours just hunting. Keep ALL the pelts, and keep ALL ingots you find. I never did any smithing until about level 27. then I noticed I had 600+ animal pelts and 800+ of all ingots, I went from 20 to 100 in smithing in about 20 minutes. And am I spelling "Smithing" wrong or is my spell check just stupid? I'd hate to be the stupid one.

Kaitsja

Personally, I simply made iron daggers. Made about 300 of them. Of course, in between this, I made armor and weaponry for myself. Once finished, I'd sell the crap I made and get some money back. Took me less than 15 minutes.

Kaitsja

Hoard. I made an Orc to just be a fearsome warrior. But, i'm an avid hunter in real life. So In the game I enjoy spending several hours just hunting. Keep ALL the pelts, and keep ALL ingots you find. I never did any smithing until about level 27. then I noticed I had 600+ animal pelts and 800+ of all ingots, I went from 20 to 100 in smithing in about 20 minutes. And am I spelling "Smithing" wrong or is my spell check just stupid? I'd hate to be the stupid one.

You're spelling it right.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Hey, I actually have a good solution, but it requires hearthfire. When your making a house, you have to make nails, iron fittings, hinges, and locks. Well, if you make alot of fittings and thing while you make the house, or just those things and then sell them, (though they aren't worth much) it levels smithing really fast, or at least it has up to about level 54.

Nightblade

My smithing was levelled to 100 within half an hour, by a beneficial method of smithing (and archery) creating dwarves arrows or bolts (Dawnguard DLC). Simply explore dwarves ruins or go to Calcelmo's Museum and loot all smelt-able items. The firewood required is easy to get but takes time, it doesn't cost money for anything. Be aware that when you have the components you are most likely to be slowed down by too much weight to carry.

Hope this helps :)

Jaeger

^^

also, if you have Merchant perk, Calcemo will start selling Dwemer junk to make ingots, very cheaply.

Jaeger

Yeah, I heard that they patched the "1000 iron daggers" trick a while back.

Smithing rises, like Alchemy, on the cost of the finish product or the rise of the cost if tempering. Since iron daggers don't cost much, it doesn't rise as much.

I make jewelry (transmute iron ore to silver or gold to what gems i have, then gold necklaces) until level 30 when I open the Dwemer perk, go to the Dwarven vault by Mzufit (sp), south of Windhelm (take carriage), then make Dwemer arrows if you have Dawnguard or Dwarven bows if you don't. Arrows need I wood per dwemer ingot, bows need 2 ingots per 1 iron. If you have Hearthfire, you want to save your iron ingots, so make arrows. Then go to Markarth, and get those ingots. Go south from Markarth down the road, take a right to follow the Orc stronghold, go left and there'll be a dwemer tower for some more. Make sure you can handled a bear (in your path) and saber tooth (not in your path). No hard critters to fight.

Make sure Warrior stone is activated and you're well-rested and the smithing bar will rise "1/3" faster.

Always buy iron ore in the stores.

Before you go into the Dwemer dungeons, buy a horse for the excessive weight. You don't have to always ride the horse, if you like to collect alchemy ingredients but you can fast travel to the location you're at and your horse will be there.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts