PC What is the best Quest Line? Please Help me

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

what is the best quest line for skyrim?

• anything

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • just please help me

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
im playing skyrim for a while now. and whenever i become the dragonborn. i just dont know what quest line im gonna take. the thieves guild, the imperials, the stormcloaks, the dark brotherhood,companions. i dont know what quest line should i start from. please give me some advice. im begging. i finished the imperial quest line but it just get's boring after that. what should i finish first? please help me. thank you.

Ecstatic7213

I personally enjoyed the dark brotherhood quest line the most because it had a lot of twists and it kept me interested. I think think that you should do whatever your character revolves around for example if you have a warrior type character do the companions first, assassin = dark brotherhood, mage = college of winterhold, and so on and so forth. If you have a character that uses say magic and swords then do companions and college first in whatever order you want and then you can try other ones ones such as dark brotherhood.

ohhh. okay. but what for example if i finished the companions quest. am i suppose to finish all the other quest line like the imperials. etc..

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
There's no reason you have to finish any of them. If you've played as much as you say and you're bored with them then make up something to do. Role play it. My personal preference is to get the Thieves' Guild back up to full strength just so I have good fences everywhere with deep pockets to buy all my loot.

If the reward for the end of the quest appeals to you, finish that questline.

I haven't been doing much of anything with my latest character except wandering around and picking on Thalmor Justiciars. I'm playing as a level 1. I collect rare or one of a kind items. It's all how you like to play and enjoy the game.

Ecstatic7213

Perkless is right. What I said above is just how i play and was to give you ideas on how some other people do it. The beauty of this game is you get to run around and do whatever you want.

Maxlength

I am really enjoying the Dark Brotherhood quests. But what I also do is pick various tasks, more fun and alot more interesting!

Ecstatic7213

The reason I recommended my way is because you seemed bored and I've done my way several times and im still entertained by this game,

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I personally enjoyed the dark brotherhood quest line the most because it had a lot of twists and it kept me interested. I think think that you should do whatever your character revolves around for example if you have a warrior type character do the companions first, assassin = dark brotherhood, mage = college of winterhold

A low level mage attempting to pursue the College questline will have a hard time indeed, and may be forced to abandon it for later.

Most quests are rather boring killing missions by themselves, so enjoy getting there and take your time.

It isn't possible to say which is the best quest line, 'cause it depends on what you like, and there are high points and low points with most of them. Some are bland and totally unessential and not worth the rewards, but there are so many quests and and so much hidden stuff that I don't think anybody has made a list of the quests that are Totally Not Worth It.

If you want to follow the main quest line, see the UESP wiki, search Main Quest. You can identify quests by the glyph either side of their name on the Journal.

The early DB quests were very boring for me. It gets better afterwards.

Bear in mind that there are Radiant Quests given by the various Guilds which are generic and infinitely generated, a cheap way to add content to the game... But if you ONLY stick to the main quest you'll miss out on a lot of fun, experience and unique items, and you may have a hard time finishing that main quest.

Once you've done quests for all the guilds you'll get an idea of what and who you like . For example, when the Blades demanded that I kill somebody I really liked, i just abandoned their quests.

thanks for the tips. but when i already finished the imperial quest line. and what happens after that? is there anything that will happen that is imperial-stormcloak related?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I don't think so, you can go around raiding the enemy camps, but the leaders seem unkillable. (the Imperial leaders, at least).

You may randomly see soldiers from the two sides fighting, but it's been rare in my case.

There are strategic maps in the chief's quarters of the various holds that show how the war supposedly evolves, and when you click on them it says "Map Updated" , but I don't know what that means.

Necromis

I think the Map updated is when on thier map there is something that is not on your map. Just like when someone tells you where something is located it updates that location on your map.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I usually start out with a portion of the main quest up until the horn where you meet Delphine in Riverwood. Then I just go around and raise my levels as high as I can. then I do all the Thane quests and buy all the houses. I find all the "dragon walls" and learn as many shouts as possible, then I do the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and lastly the Companions (where I seem to have some glitch and the xbox freezes). I joined the stormcloaks and did the whole civil war thing, basically because I enjoyed decimating the Thalmor at any chance I could get.Then I go back and complete the main quest while doing the "College of Winterhold" one. So now I'm Leader of the Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Thieves "Guild-master" and new Arch-Mage of the college. Couldn't bring myself to kill Parthunaax, so I didn't do the Blades. But, now I lead every faction basically and made myself a "Skyrim multi-millionaire". Now I just coast along. Maybe I'll get married, but too many choices.