• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
- I want to be able to return to the Soul Cairn and rescue Valerica. That end of the plot just got left dangling for me.

You can indeed return for Valerica after Harkon is defeated.

I considered leaving her behind. She's could possibly pose a threat to the people of Skyrim. Though her daughter speaks highly of her, the fact is that she is a cunning, ancient vampire. Her motives are a mystery and her true intent unknown.

However, her machinations did lead to the defeat of Harkon. That makes her a good person. The fact is, I couldn't in good conscious leave even Durnehviir behind in that place. No soul deserves damnation unending in the soul cairn, to be slowly digested by The Ideal Masters. So ultimately, I returned for her and convinced her to return to mundus.

Once freed, she returns to her study in Castle Volkhiar. She will supply you with useful potions and can provide blood-cursed arrows for you upon request.

Neriad13

Premium Member
You can indeed return for Valerica after Harkon is defeated.

But only if you choose to be soul-trapped before first entering the Soul Cairn (I played on the Dawnguard side), or so I last heard. Unfortunately I went with vampirism the first time around. Even having Serana turn me into a vampire a second time didn't let me through. It was tragic. :sadface: I so wanted mother and daughter to be reunited.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I went with The Dawn Guard, but I chose to become a vampire rather than be soul-trapped. I returned and freed Valerica all the same.

Ooh! Maybe I should give that another go. :eek:

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
The ability to use mods when you're a console gamer. I have no idea if that's even possible (I'm assuming not), but I just stumbled upon a list of mods that PC users get to use, and I wanted to cry because I'm missing out on so much awesome-ness. :sadface: Call it wishful thinking, but that's something that I would love to see.

Yeah it is possible. I modded my ex gf's Skyrim on her Xbox with armour, tweaks and lots of other plops.

The game needs to be compiled with the mod data and then installed. However this process requires that you Jtag the Xbox and other plops. So it's not advisable.

Just play it on PC ;)

jRi0T68

Repairing items was a TES staple from Arena up through Oblivion. I think they decided it was just tedious.

And certain cooked items surpass potions, namely Beef Stew, Elsweyr Fondue, Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew. Although I do wish there was more you could do with it.

Really? I can craft health potions that restore in excess of 100 hp. I may have to experiment more with cooking.

OckhamsFolly

Really? I can craft health potions that restore in excess of 100 hp. I may have to experiment more with cooking.

They're superior in a very specific context. Healing wise, you're not going to see better. The stews and soup are amazing for bashes and power attacks though; venison stew regenerates 1 health and 1 stamina per second for 12 minutes and immediately restores 25 stamina, vegetable soup just does the regen, and beef stew does the stamina regen and fortifies stamina by 25. Since you only need 1 point of stamina to bash or power attack, for twelve minutes it's unlimited.

Elsweyr Fondue is a powerful magicka buff, fortifying by 100 and regenerating 25 magicka a second, also for 12 minutes. Even a magicka dunce would have no problem slinging some higher level spells with that kind of buff.

Moris

They're superior in a very specific context. Healing wise, you're not going to see better. The stews and soup are amazing for bashes and power attacks though; venison stew regenerates 1 health and 1 stamina per second for 12 minutes and immediately restores 25 stamina, vegetable soup just does the regen, and beef stew does the stamina regen and fortifies stamina by 25. Since you only need 1 point of stamina to bash or power attack, for twelve minutes it's unlimited.

Elsweyr Fondue is a powerful magicka buff, fortifying by 100 and regenerating 25 magicka a second, also for 12 minutes. Even a magicka dunce would have no problem slinging some higher level spells with that kind of buff.

Cool. Where do you get Elsweyr Fondue... Nevermind, I googled it. Nice.

I guess one of the advantages of using food is that you can make these items at level 1 with no skill increases at all.

Moris

Boats! All that water and not one boat to navigate on your own.

I want dugout canoes so we can kayak down the Karth River.

Twiffle

Gattling Bow, , quick fire .. .. .
Greatlightsword , , death by moonlight .. .. ..
Flaming sacrificial cow as an upgrade to flaming familiar .. ..

And a travel agents, ,, ,, even dragonborns need a holiday .. :cool:

wolfgang jack

Betwixt England and the U.S. is a man...
Punz said:
Boats! All that water and not one boat to navigate on your own.

How 'bout a sort of Grand Imperial Navy? Naval battles would be pretty cool to have for the civil war. And ongoing battles that last longer than five minutes. Actual authority when you reach legate/Stormblade. And can I please have an all out assault on Markarth? That would be so Helm's Deep...

JayW

I would like actual caravans (like the ones shown in Westerns and not the mobile homes people have today for anyone confused). This would be kind of hard for the developers to program but I think the effort would be well worth the reward. My only point of reference is the radio in GTA or Fallout but radios wouldn't exist in Tamriel so what they would need is NPCs with a large enough variety of conversation to entertain over long journeys. Skyrim has stacks of conversation that is context sensitive but it still has its limitations.

The initial carriage ride to the execution sets the scene really well for what is to come and I think could provide a template for when the technical boundaries are expanded a bit. Instead of having just one scripted event why couldn't they pack in a couple more NPCs with some conversations that could hint at various guild quests and story points. Every now and again your carriage or caravan - depending on how large the travelling group - could be attacked by bandits or random wildlife. Say you didn't like the conversation of one character then you could choose to sit beside a character you preferred. If you could fit enough conversation in then it could even develop into new marriage options or business / questing relationships. Some travelling groups could be tailored to reflect the story's racial biases and allegiances - allowing you to travel with groups you iike or rub up the wrong way groups you don't. If you grew tired of conversation then you could just sleep during travel or head off on your own. Completing certain quests for certain travelling groups could be worked in with a reputation system to mix up the gameplay. Restocking of shops could also be tied into the movement of certain travelling groups to add realism.

Perhaps my favourite character in Skyrim is one who babbles to himself about his diffiulties in being a vampire. If you have Dawnguard and are able to dead thrall (plus below level 34), then you can reanimate a character known as the Traveller who mutters to himself about his plans to settle down - he is by far my favourite character in the whole game and could be a model for any travelling communities.

Towns and guards are great for information but their random blurting things out annoys me after a while - its nice to get specific information from specific characters for specific quests. Traders and travellers should simply know more about the various lands than anyone else.

Plus re Khajit Children - they might need to introduce some Khajit marriage options first but if thy did add some kittens then I hope they would give them some balls of wool to play with as well.

Rhubarb&Custard

//snip for length//

That's a great idea. I'd love to have a caravan or a cart of my own to travel in, obviously it won't go very quickly, but I'm such a packrat, it'd be ideal for transporting all my stuff from one house to another when I move, instead of carrying it all with me and walking/horse riding from Whiterun to Markarth for example. There was a mod for this, but it's been taken down since I last saw it on a mod spotlight.

Wolfen McGunz

I serve the Light with a swift blade of justice!
We need more... Cowbell. :D

No but seriously, I've mentioned before that it would be great if Bethesda took a few cues from Fable 3. Salons to change hair/makeup, ability to play musical instruments for gold, the ability to have your reputation (good/evil) impact the game, and the whole prostitute thing would be a funny touch (don't lie, you all got a kick out of that!).

Yes, I agree. Skyrim is such an amazing game; no doubt the 'salon' addition would be a very useful addition. Now I play for PC, so I can change a lot of things by simply pressing "~", but they should implement it for console players.

Another huge addition I'd love, would be to customize the look of your armor with dyes (again Fable series), or just simply using the slider... haven't found a mod for that yet...