what i luv and hate about Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

joNta2s

To serve the Mistress of Shadows
Let me start by saying this game just blows me away, the world its self is endless. Dragons that chase after you "anywhere". Giant creatures that i honestly took 20 mins of real time just watching. I hate bees, i really hate bees. I could go on and on about what I love about this game and what time they most of really put into this game to make it the only game I've played now for hours on hours. I've stopped playing all other games, i love RPG, and everyone knows the teams at Bethesda out did them selfs.
Now what I hate, so many glitches. In both of my homes with manikins i now can't replace any other armor the old stuff just keeps coming back. I have 17 sets of both the dark brotherhood and light dragon armor. None of my weapons stay on the racks, every time i re-enter the house there faithfully back on the floor. The lack of armor customization. Perhaps I've been spoiled by games like Fable 3 or Soul Caliber, but I'd expect more from the leader in RPG games. One of my favorite things to do is make my creation my own, to personalize. It would of just been sweet to change the look, color, or even little things on my armor.
They could have put more time into the over all story line and not broke it up so much. Everything is so short, I honestly beat both the main and empire quest in less then half a night. Now keep in mind i haven't had the game very long, i waited a while. I bought Dragon age 2 first and the add on's for it. So in the short time that i have had Skyrim I've already beat everything there is, unlocked every location and I'm only level 53. I normally play on the pre-set, but this time around i had to up it to its highest level to even make it interesting.
Don't get me wrong, i honestly do love this game, and as soon as I"m done here I'll be going to make a new pc. I just wish Bethesda would of but as much time in the story line and custom character generation that they did in the amazing world and dragons.

I'd really like to read up on how other people feel, so please feel free to rip me apart or agree in some shape or form.. either way thanks for letting me vent.

Opium_Bunny

Since you are welcoming criticism, please use spell check/grammar check next time, because the post is hard to read as it is.

That being said, I agree with the glitches breaking the immersion effect of the game itself. Whenever weird glitches happen it hits you that you are playing in a virtual world where certain things do go wrong, and the producers obviously overlooked this problem. Skyrim is a great game, and thus I am so glad they did not include a multi-player to it. I like feeling as though my environment is playing the role they are suppose to...and not another human being behind the toon jumping and cursing at other players.

I have played Skyrim for about a month now, I'm not very good at it...but I love how massive this game truly is. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before and this is such a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to delve into their other works.

One thing I wish they would change about the game for the future are MORE VOICES! So tired of hearing the same lady's voice in every city with a shrine!

joNta2s

To serve the Mistress of Shadows
Since you are welcoming criticism, please use spell check/grammar check next time, because it makes the post harder to read as it is.

That being said, I agree with the glitches breaking the immersion effect of the game itself. Whenever weird glitches happen it hits you that you are playing in a virtual world where certain things do go wrong, and the producers obviously overlooked this problem. Skyrim is a great game, and thus I am so glad they did not include a multi-player to it. I like feeling as though my environment is playing the role they are suppose to...and not another human being behind the toon jumping and cursing at other players.

I have played Skyrim for about a month now, I'm not very good at it...but I love how massive this game truly is. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before and this is such a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to delve into their other works.

One thing I wish they would change about the game for the future are MORE VOICES! So tired of hearing the same lady's voice in every city with a shrine!

...spell check... lmao saidly i did though it is 1:52am my time lol. :)

andrea

well, actually lvl45-60 is the "classic" level to finish the game. there's no point in boosting your char to the maximum lvl81, except for saying "hey I got to lvl81". Just start a new game with a different build and have fun again.
I agree that some glitches are bad, especially the game braking ones, but I wasn't surprised much since pretty much every big open world game has some.

BSE

The only thing that really bothered me about the game so far, aside from the PS3 framerate issue and random freezing, is the fact that fighting 2 leveled draugr is a million times more difficult than the "final boss."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts