• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Paigethegamer

Here to burn down buildings
I've heard some theories about them time traveling, but I can't see how that would be possible (even for the Dwemer). So, what the hell happened to them?

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
The demise of the Dwemer is one of the great mysteries of the Elder Scrolls franchise. I've met one living Dwemer but even he didn't know what happened to the rest of his kind, he's probably dead now. I've also explored long sealed Dwarven ruins wherein dust piles were found under suits of armor and on chairs and beds, suggesting they were probably disintegrated.

Solus

Well time travel is possible because you did it in the main quest line. I think they time traveled, because you have to go into the dwarven ruin to get the scroll.

Bad-People

The disapperance of the Dwemer goes deeper than one questline, or even one title. It's an ominous shadow that hangs over the entire TES continuum.

Storm777

I think the Dwemer traveled to the future, saw the movie Twilight and just decided to commit suicide afterwards.

A strange theory perhaps, but until we have more answers this is what I'm going with.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
According to vivec the dwemer transported themselves after the battle at red mountain. Other than that there is no evidence pointing where they went.

"Death closes all: but something ere the end, some work of noble note may yet be done. Not unbecoming men who strove with gods."

Bad-People

According to vivec the dwemer transported themselves after the battle at red mountain. Other than that there is no evidence pointing where they went.

"Death closes all: but something ere the end, some work of noble note may yet be done. Not unbecoming men who strove with gods."

However Vivec was know to be less than honest when it came to the event's of the past. I found evidence somewhere (Can't remember where) that Kagrenac accidently destroyed them while experimenting with his tools. Plus like I said, I've found Dwarf dust.

AS88

Staff member
Help Arniel Gane at the College ;)

Some say the Dwemer were trying to find a way to Aetherius

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
But if the dwemer did not believe in gods (to mu understanding) why go to aetherius?

AS88

Staff member
It is substantially more difficult to reach Aetherius than it is to reach the Void of Oblivion. The only two successful trips there occurred firstly during the Reman Dynasty,[1] and secondly by the "Sun Birds" of Alinor. From the Reman Dynasty, the Royal Imperial "Mannanauts" were obtained,[1] and from the Sun Birds, the Orrery of Firsthold.[1] It is also rumored that the Dwemer may have reached Aetherius in the past, as well. It is also rumored that the stars are direct portals to Aetherius and that they were created when holes were blasted through Aetherius during the creation of Nirn. Also, the Dragonborn reached Sovngarde, a realm of Aetherius, in the main quest of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Aetherius - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
But if the dwemer did not believe in gods (to mu understanding) why go to aetherius?

They believed in the gods of reason and logic, the gods they scorned were the Daedra.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
They believed in the gods of reason and logic, the gods they scorned were the Daedra.
I took that as vivec calling there gods reason and logic, not necessarily gods of reason and logic

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
A deadly virus escaped from one of their labs, destroying most of the population. The survivors mutated and devolved into the Falmer.

AS88

Staff member
The Falmer are a totally separate race. The were tricked by the Dwemer into eating poisonous foods which made them blind, but also became a key component in their diet. If you'd read about or played Dawnguard you'd know the Falmer are a different race.

There's also legends of The Snow Prince, killed by a Nord girl. The Falmer eventually rebelled against the Dwemer before they disappeared

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
A deadly virus escaped from one of their labs, destroying most of the population. The survivors mutated and devolved into the Falmer.
The Falmer are Snow Elves that the dwemer fed poisoned shrooms, these shrooms took the Falmer's eyes, and after many years, they mutated.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I took that as vivec calling there gods reason and logic, not necessarily gods of reason and logic
The Dwemer scorned the Daedra who they did not view as true gods, however they were fully aware of their existence as much as they may have likely accepted the existence of the Aedra, but remember the Dwemer tried to create an artificial god of their own. And from my understanding the Dwemer may have attempted to travel to Aetherius in an attempt to become gods themselves, or purely because they felt they could do so if they so wanted.
Set this as your signature properly please so it isn't captured whenever someone tries to quote you.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Set this as your signature properly please so it isn't captured whenever someone tries to quote you.
Sorry, i put it in through my ipod. Didnt know it was incorrectly placed

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts