What games do you play?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I passed Bf3 on hard in 2 days :p It may be a good game abut I think after awile on online game play it get boring :p i mean dont get me wrong its an awesome game But It reallyhassent got me intrestened for that along but when i want to play a FPS Bf3 would be my first choice :)

P.s bf3 on Hard is well hard and if you dont think outside the box you wont Pass it and you will RAGE

I raged on NORMAL!

rvk5150

I own between 40-50 games...totally resurrected my gaming life with CoD Black Ops (long story) and here I am again. Lately I play Skyrim 95% of the time but still play and love BF3 along with sports games. I used to play guitar a ton in High School (a long time ago) and my wife picked up Rocksmith for me....could peak my interest.

Oh yeah I am blessed by the best wife that has no interest or idea what games I am playing but is so okay with the amount of time that I do game......

enfiniti

Wow. Where to begin? As far as current games go:

Skyrim-(Obviously)
(Have to beat the next two before Diablo:3)
Oblivion-(just started)
Morrowind-(finished downloading, will start this weekend)

CoD: Black Ops
World of Warcraft-(haven't really played for about 6 months now)

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Skyrim (no, really?), Zelda, Final Fantasy (12 - yes, 12, "the game plays itself!" 12 - was my favorite),

I seldom if ever play first-person shooters. Heck, I play Skyrim in 3rd person mode most of the time, except when I want to trigger an extended conversation (e.g. with Balgruuf or Brynjolf) or if I have to use archery, which I'm horrible at. (I'm a terrible marksman; I don't like having to deal with archery in Skyrim, Zelda, or any other game that requires you to actually aim - this is likely why I don't play FPS).

In fact, excluding sports games, the only "modern or future setting with realistic graphics" game I've enjoyed is Portal (never played Arkham City, probably never will - I'm sure it's a great game, I just probably will never play it).

I don't know what it is about Skyrim though; I never mind going back to Bleak Falls Barrow again and again. But this is perhaps because I'm not a hardcore gamer and don't care too much about minmaxing or powerleveling - the highest my smithing's ever gotten is about 40, and the highest my enchanting or alchemy has ever gotten is still in the 20s. Dragon fights do actually challenge me even under "normal" rules and even at fairly low difficulty levels. Skyrim's the type of game that I have to remind myself "I already have Skyrim" when I approach a game store.

Docta Corvina

Skyrim (no, really?), Zelda, Final Fantasy (12 - yes, 12, "the game plays itself!" 12 - was my favorite),

I'll give a more fleshed-out post later when not at work, but I just had to comment on the fact that I'm very glad to see someone else appreciate FF12 as much as I do! I feel like that game was really underrated and unfairly disparaged by fans. I really liked the setting (can you say Roman Empire with advanced technology? :D), the soundtrack was pretty good overall and the characters were unique. Even ones that I really didn't care for at the beginning of the game, I wound up coming around to a bit more by the end. There was noticeable character development and that's something I always appreciate seeing in my games as much as other media. I have a thing for tragic characters and Gabranth is one of my personal favorites from 12, and from the entire series really. Always will be.

I like several of the Final Fantasy games, but 12 ranks at the top with Tactics (NOT Tactics Advance, mind you).

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I'll give a more fleshed-out post later when not at work, but I just had to comment on the fact that I'm very glad to see someone else appreciate FF12 as much as I do! I feel like that game was really underrated and unfairly disparaged by fans. I really liked the setting (can you say Roman Empire with advanced technology? :D), the soundtrack was pretty good overall and the characters were unique. Even ones that I really didn't care for at the beginning of the game, I wound up coming around to a bit more by the end. There was noticeable character development and that's something I always appreciate seeing in my games as much as other media. I have a thing for tragic characters and Gabranth is one of my personal favorites from 12, and from the entire series really. Always will be.

I like several of the Final Fantasy games, but 12 ranks at the top with Tactics (NOT Tactics Advance, mind you).

Yeah. A lot of people give Vaan flak, but when you think about it, Vaan is the only reason the party goes to Bhujerba in the first place. And Bhujerba is really where the plot gets kickstarted.

Docta Corvina

Yeah. A lot of people give Vaan flak, but when you think about it, Vaan is the only reason the party goes to Bhujerba in the first place. And Bhujerba is really where the plot gets kickstarted.

Yeah, I'll admit I was lukewarm toward Vaan at first. But he definitely got better as the story progressed. Same thing with Ashe. I didn't care much for her at first but as I played, she became so much more intriguing and sympathetic. Gabranth, Balthier, Reddas and Ashe, FTW. Doctor Cid was an interesting one too, though I did not enjoy having to battle him - that was an intense rumble, lol.

Purr

:3
I don't own much games... but that's okay, because Skyrim takes all of my time. :'D Besides Skyrim and Oblivion, only games that I play actively are Final Fantasy. My favourite (like many other) is VII, I just can't get enough of it. I like X, X-2 and XII very much too. If I'm bored, then I usually play only online games.

Ragnar

The Red One
Honestly? I've really only been playing Skyrim these past weeks. However I do own quite a lot of FPS games (which I'm not too proud to admit) like MW3, Black Ops, Battlefield 2: Bad Company, Gears of War 2, and a couple others I can't think of... But honestly, it's very rare to see me playing any of those games. I used to play a bunch of multiplayer with some friends, but I simply could not take the community.

Uh, I attempted to play Dragon Age Origins, unfortunately it was not my slice of the cheesecake. Portal's a good game, I play some TF2 every now and then. That's basically it. Any other games I have are gathering dust bunnies.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I'm too busy and too particular about games to play much. I like arcade shooters and action games but don't like FPS . At the moment I'm playing and loving Sonic Generations, great fun and very sweet graphics. I just tried Deus Ex HR and was really not interested, I may uninstall it.

I also play Dungeon Defenders when I can, which isn’t often as I have a download cap and Steam is always pushing large (500MB) updates and the game cannot be played without dowloading the update :mad:

Also, Beat Hazard Ultra for a quick orgy of digital destruction set to my favorite tunes.

I'm about to embark on a major crime spree with my overpowered level 54 first character in Skyrim, and put those master level spells , Odaviing and Storm Call to some good use, before starting a new playthrough some time this month. There is nothing else out there that interests me currently.

I'd like to see a big online game with good co-op play for small groups. Is there such a thing?

Harperlarp

The games in my current rotation are:

Xbox 360:

Gears of War 3
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012
Street Fighter X Tekken

PlayStation 3:

Black Ops
Soul Calibur V
Mortal Kombat (2011)
Mercenaries 2
Skyrim

iPhone:

Infinity Blade
Minecraft Pocket Edition

iPad:

Infinity Blade II
Minecraft PE

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

EleanorUnicorn

1. Oblivion
2. Skyrim
3. Dungeon Siege 1 & 2, with expansion packs
3. Age of Empires 1, 2 & 3 with expansion packs
4. The Sims 3 pets
5. Diablo 1, 2 & (soon) 3
6. Simon the Sorceror 1, 2 & 3 (also bought 4, but for some reason simon had an american accent in 4, which therefore destroyed my childhood)
7. MONKEY ISLAND!!!
8. and when I had my oldschool PS2, i loved Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Pandemonium & Worms :)

EleanorUnicorn

my dad tried to get me into dead space, and call of duty, but not my cuppa tea.. i know it's geeky, but i'd rather play a medieval style with swords and bows and magic, than games with guns and tanks etc :)

Docta Corvina

I'm fairly eclectic with my taste in games. I'll try almost anything once, but my favorites tend to be RPGs and action/adventures titles. My favorite series include: Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Soul Calibur, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Mario Party. Final Fantasy pretty much stopped for me at XII (I loved XII) though and if it keeps going downhill as it seems to be, I'll be done with it forever! :mad:

I also dabble in some FPS (like Battlefield and CoD) only to play with the boyfriend, though we tend to raise havoc in RDR more often these days anyway. But I acquired a small enjoyment of the Battlefield games. Same goes with Gran Turismo and Hot Pursuit. He also introduced me formally to the Grand Theft Auto series and though I've only played and truly enjoyed GTAIV, I'll be interested to explore some of the previous titles, as well as get my hands on the new one when it finally comes out. I always have a blast in the goofy as hell multiplayer area of GTAIV with friends. Helicopters and rocket launchers, FTW :D

I do plan to get a hold of Oblivion soon as well - I'd like to play more ES games and I think it'd be a good place to start. Though I hear Daggerfall is free now, so I'll nab that one too. Really, I have my bf again to thank for getting me into the ES games formally. He himself always tells me how much he enjoyed Oblivion and then surprised me with the collector's edition of Skyrim and the rest is history. =)

I'd say my top 5 games of all time are LoZ: Ocarina of Time, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy Tactics (NOT Advance, mind you). Can't get enough of those.

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
Until maybe two years ago the ONLY thing I played was The Sims. I have spent so many hours on those games, it's almost embarrassing. I still play it a lot, but not as much as before.

Right now I'm obsessed with Trine 2 and well... Skyrim, of course.
I recently went through both Machinarium and Bothanicula, both really good games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts