What follower does your Dovahkiin have?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What is your favorite group to get companions from?

• Companions

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Darkbrotherhood

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Hirelings

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Do a Favor

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
Well, first of all I am new to this forum so this is my first thread!:) I wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought the General Discussion would be fine.
So my current Dovahkiin, uses a board and sword set-up, so I am rolling with a leveled up Lydia (XBOX so had to WABBAJACK :D) But am soon switching to Jenessa for the hot dual wielding action and for her bows. Post what your Dovahkiin plays as, and what kind of follower do you use?

Neriad13

Premium Member
The favorite follower of my battlemage is Marcurio. :D I really like how he tends to not get in my way, his hilarious attitude and he has some good spells to boot.

However, I recently lost him. I know he's still alive somewhere in the wide world, because I'm unable to get another follower. I have a feeling that he got stuck in the Temple of Dibella in Markarth when I fast traveled out of there immediately after exiting the building for Sanguine's daedric quest.

Which...would explain why he's been enjoying himself so much in there and not returning to me. I'm not as pretty as a Dibellan priestess? :sadface:

Docta Corvina

The favorite follower of my battlemage is Marcurio. :D I really like how he tends to not get in my way, his hilarious attitude and he has some good spells to boot.

However, I recently lost him. I know he's still alive somewhere in the wide world, because I'm unable to get another follower. I have a feeling that he got stuck in the Temple of Dibella in Markarth when I fast traveled out of there immediately after exiting the building for Sanguine's daedric quest.

Which...would explain why he's been enjoying himself so much in there and not returning to me. I'm not as pretty as Dibellan priestess? :sadface:

I had Marcurio as my husband and follower in my very first file, and as purely hired help for a little bit in my current file. Had to send him back to Riften though, for my own sanity. He attracted the ire of Brynjolf and Mercer after complaining that we were carrying off too much stuff from the Potema catacombs. A couple days later, they randomly pulled a Julius Caesar on him and by the time I turned around, he was a crumpled, bloody heap on the ground. I resurrected him and sent him back to the Bee and Barb, lol! He is something of a goofball at times, but very smart and poised and that is sexy. :p He's also damn powerful for a mage! And also, of course, major points for being a gorgeous Imperial. I'd highly recommend him!

Currently my entourage is composed of husband Brynjolf, Mercer Frey, Rune, Cynric Endell, Etienne Rarnis and Thrynn. Basically all my favorite Thieves Guild men. We're pretty much unstoppable. And impossibly sexy. :cool:

Yeah, I...abuse the modding power of my PC version. :oops:

Morgan

I find followers just get in the way, especially as my favorite chars tend to be some version of sneaky. I hate it when I've spent ten minutes watching bandit patrol patterns, cherry picked the exact right moment to set off a chain reaction Frenzy that will culminate in just one survivor that I can go backstab, when all of a sudden my follower says 'Oh look, a fight' and charges in, screwing everything up. When I go through Riverwood I usually do a favor for Faendal so I can use his free archery training if I ever want it, and of course I ask my housecarls to follow long enough to dump them on the Blades. I also sometimes hire Erik the Slayer and we go on a tour of Skyrim. I always drop him at his inn with a nice set of gear and a few gold. That was more because of his OOC background than any desire to have a follower though.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Lol, I'm sure you are.... Well... Which Dibellan priest are we talking about here.....

These ones (originally posted by Hargood). :sadface:

2012-04-23_00022.jpg

I'm a heavy brute in Orcish armor. I-I j-just d-don't c-c-comp-pare! T.T I miss you, Marcurio.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I had Marcurio as my husband and follower in my very first file, and as purely hired help for a little bit in my current file. Had to send him back to Riften though, for my own sanity. He attracted the ire of Brynjolf and Mercer after complaining that we were carrying off too much stuff from the Potema catacombs. A couple days later, they randomly pulled a Julius Caesar on him and by the time I turned around, he was a crumpled, bloody heap on the ground. I resurrected him and sent him back to the Bee and Barb, lol! He is something of a goofball at times, but very smart and poised and that is sexy. :p He's also damn powerful for a mage! And also, of course, major points for being a gorgeous Imperial. I'd highly recommend him!

Currently my entourage is composed of husband Brynjolf, Mercer Frey, Rune, Cynric Endell, Etienne Rarnis and Thrynn. Basically all my favorite Thieves Guild men. We're pretty much unstoppable. And impossibly sexy. :cool:

Yeah, I...abuse the modding power of my PC version. :oops:

The heck...? >.< Why do so many NPCs seem to hate Marcurio? I heard of another glitch where Delphine won't stop attacking him on sight, though I've never witnessed it personally. And there was this one time where he and my dog got into an argument and he zapped poor Meeko with lightening. As I had modded them both to be essential, no harm was done and it was just pretty funny to see them going at it.

And though I've never actually had a character marry his gorgeous and silly self, I do have big plans for him in my fanfic. ;)

Kruise

Khajiit will smell them coming.
He is too... Sassy. He reminds me of 7th grade girls, doing everything with an attitude... And I can't cut out his speechbox because I am on the XBOX..:mad: But, if he was less annoying, I would almost marry him... Note I said the word ALMOST because I like wimminz. Not minz.

Docta Corvina

The heck...? >.< Why do so many NPCs seem to hate Marcurio? I heard of another glitch where Delphine won't stop attacking him on sight, though I've never witnessed it personally. And there was this one time where he and my dog got into an argument and he zapped poor Meeko with lightening. As I had modded them both to be essential, no harm was done and it was just pretty funny to see them going at it.

And though I've never actually had a character marry his gorgeous and silly self, I do have big plans for him in my fanfic. ;)

LOL, I have no idea what it is about him! I could see the male NPCs being like, "Look at this guy...with his intelligence and his pretty boy looks and his...spells...I hate him!!". Art imitates life and all that. :eek: As for Delphine though, I think she just hates everyone really. Except Esbern. Poor Marcurio though, he doesn't deserve the abuse! :confused:

Essential NPC followers fighting is always utter hilarity, I love having ring side seats. One time, when I had Onmund as a follower along with Mercer, well, let's just say I shoulda sold tickets to that madness. :cool:

Ooooh, I'd like to see what you've got in store for him! :)

I actually use Kharjo. I like him because he looks like a brother to my Khajiit! He usually never gets in my way, and is quite useful in a lot of situations.

Neriad13

Premium Member
LOL, I have no idea what it is about him! I could see the male NPCs being like, "Look at this guy...with his intelligence and his pretty boy looks and his...spells...I hate him!!". Art imitates life and all that. :eek: As for Delphine though, I think she just hates everyone really. Except Esbern. Poor Marcurio though, he doesn't deserve the abuse! :confused:

Essential NPC followers fighting is always utter hilarity, I love having ring side seats. One time, when I had Onmund as a follower along with Mercer, well, let's just say I shoulda sold tickets to that madness. :cool:

Ooooh, I'd like to see what you've got in store for him! :)

Or does he? He asks for it a rather lot, what with his constant whining and/or boasting. :D Don't you find it funny how he never actually backs up his claim to being "an expert on Nordic history?"

The very first time I ever hired him and took him out for a test run outside Riften, we ran into a dragon, the very first dragon that Marcurio's ever seen in his life. He screams "OH GODS, NOOOOOOO!" right in my ear upon seeing it and bolts in the opposite direction. So, I'm laughing hysterically, dodging the dragon's firebreath and bombarding it with my own fireballs, until he finally grows a pair and joins in the fight. That was a beautiful moment.

That sounds awesome! Isn't Onmund the one who turns invisible when his health is low?

He gets tossed off a cliff! But...not for a while yet. :oops:

Marcurio seems to be very popular... I use him too. He never gets in the way of my fighting due to his defensive mage AI and his voice commands aren't guilting me every time I talk to him. ("I'm sworn to carry your burdens..." "Still here..." "I'm bound to you, my Thane")

He also seems happy to wear whatever armour you give him, and that's a plus.

Docta Corvina

Or does he? He asks for it a rather lot, what with his constant whining and/or boasting. :D Don't you find it funny how he never actually backs up his claim to being "an expert on Nordic history?"

The very first time I ever hired him and took him out for a test run outside Riften, we ran into a dragon, the very first dragon that Marcurio's ever seen in his life. He screams "OH GODS, NOOOOOOO!" right in my ear upon seeing it and bolts in the opposite direction. So, I'm laughing hysterically, dodging the dragon's firebreath and bombarding it with my own fireballs, until he finally grows a pair and joins in the fight. That was a beautiful moment.

That sounds awesome! Isn't Onmund the one who turns invisible when his health is low?

He gets tossed off a cliff! But...not for a while yet. :oops:

Haha, you make a good point there! He really does sorta have a way of pushing people's buttons, whether he's aware of it or not. And lol, he really doesn't ever back that up! xD Although I did catch him completely entranced with Alduin's Wall. While there, he just wouldn't back away from it. I had to talk to him repeatedly to get him to move and follow us out of Sky Haven temple. He loved trying to decipher it. :p

The Potema episode was just the last straw for Bryn and Mercer though, I think. They seemed irritated with him for a while before then and when homeboy started whining, "*SIGH* Do you intend to carry off EVERYTHING of value in these ruins???" while amongst THIEVES, well...it wasn't appreciated. :oops:

And LOL, Marcurio! xD I've not ever seen him run from a fight! The first dragon we saw, he strutted up to it and told it that it had already lost. I lol'd pretty hard. :p I dunno, maybe he was trying to impress me. xD

Haha, Onmund! He hasn't done that for me, but he did punch air a lot 'cause he always came up short on magicka. He did that when he and Mercer and I were clearing out a pirate den. Was...awkward. I think that's how the friendly fire happened, I think he accidentally landed a punch on Mercer in the chaos. And unsurprisingly, that Breton was PISSED. :p

Tossed off a cliff? :O

Karein

Art student and slightly obsessive tea drinker.

Oh goodness! I read this and had a fit. It's hilarious!

I like to use Marcurio through the start of the game, until I've finished the companions questline. Then I typically marry Farkas, and force him to tag along with me everywhere. I've grown so used to the way he goes about fighting that I can work around him easily.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
J'Zargo or Mjoll the Lioness. Jordis and Ghorbash are also useful. :]

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You don't even have the Housecarls in your poll.

Objectively they are the best melee fighter followers, with the highest level cap for melee fighters and 100 Heavy Armor, One-Handed, and Blocking skill and 98 Archery skill and 671 Health at level 50.

I use Lydia as my endgame follower.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts