What does your character hoard?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I collect books. Ever since Helgen, I have been picking up every book I see and taking it home. I have filled up all the bookshelves in Breezehome and Honeyside. Btw when I say books, I just mean the lore books (ex. Olaf and the Dragon). So no notes or journals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyrimosity

I collect Dwarven stuff. All kinds of things. Anything that can be connected to the Dwemer I collect. I can't decide if its because I like the Dwemer or because most of it looks like gold. I give things to my followers, and on my necro/conjurer character I'll give the stuff to my thralls.

Helios

I collect just about every journal I see. I have OCD so I tend to search absolutely every nook and cranny and never really miss one.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Anything rare or one-of-a-kind. Doesn't have to be worth a lot of coin so long as it's rare. A good example is the mead made with Juniper Berries that Ralof mentions at the beginning as you're first riding into Helgen. I've gone back and grabbed the bottles. Several books only have 1-3 copies.

Speaking of mead, I collect alcohol. Though I limit myself to stuff that's fairly hard to get.

Elsweyr Fondue.

Mammoth Cheese.

Guard armor, including the shields. Surprisingly, I haven't yet achieved a completed set of all the holds. I suppose I could just kill the guards but I try to be creative in how I acquire them.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I horde mead an ale. All brands and labels. They get dumped into glass display cases. I have managed to fill a few large cases with mead. Ale is harder to come by. I also collect unique weapons and armor sets for display. There are various weapons that I've made scattered about on the floor in my cellar.

Ciocal Gricenchos

Cichol Grigenchosach
(Potential spoilers)
I hoarded a bunch of Honningbrew Mead before I shut them down in the Thieves Guild questline.
ALL GLORY TO MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Circlets. My beast of a warrior collects circlets. Last count, I have well over 50 of them. All in the end table beside my bed. In fact, next time I fire up Skyrim, I'm going to make a catalog and come back and post the details. I've become quite proud of it at this point. :D

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Double post because I said I would come back and post this. So, my character has 65 circlets in total.

Archery, Eminent Alteration, Minor Archery, Alchemy, Minor Alteration, Minor Illusion, Destruction x2, Major Magicka, Magicka, Restoration, Gold and Emerald x4, Minor Conjuration, Ruby x3, Minor Magicka, Minor Restoration, Silver and Sapphire x4, Jade and Emerald x3, Jade and Sapphire x3, Silver and Moonstone x6, Copper and Sapphire x4, Waterbreathing, Copper and Ruby x3, Copper and Moonstone x8, and Copper and Onyx x13.

Quite the hoard, I'd say.

Chadonraz

Books and ingredients (I do make a lot of potions, so I use what I collect).

She picks up every single book that she hasn't read (SkyUI has a really handy "open eye" symbol for read books) and takes them home. One shelf in Breezehome's alchemy lab bookshelf is reserved for books from the "Songs of the Return" series.
Needless to say, the East Wing addition I picked for Lakeview is the library. I still need to furnish it, though. Already ran out of bookshelf space in Breezehome.

She also hasn't thrown away a single note/letter with at least some importance. All the bounty notes, Letters from a Friend and recipes are stored in a chest. Along with things like the letter from Jarl Siddgeir, the Lakeview Manor charter and two Werewolf kill orders. Only things I haven't bothered taking are DB Assassin's notes, Contracts found on non-DB Assassins (still don't know whom those guys are after... could be me, I suppose) and Justiciar execution orders.

This time I'm trying not to hoard anything else (like jewellery or dragon bones/scales), so that I won't have tons and tons of stuff lying around in chests, safes and other containers. I sell all potions I won't need, and always carry all the rest with me. I haven't picked up more than maybe six or seven of each dragon remain in total - and I've sold them all.

AS88

Staff member
Double post because I said I would come back and post this. So, my character has 65 circlets in total.

Archery, Eminent Alteration, Minor Archery, Alchemy, Minor Alteration, Minor Illusion, Destruction x2, Major Magicka, Magicka, Restoration, Gold and Emerald x4, Minor Conjuration, Ruby x3, Minor Magicka, Minor Restoration, Silver and Sapphire x4, Jade and Emerald x3, Jade and Sapphire x3, Silver and Moonstone x6, Copper and Sapphire x4, Waterbreathing, Copper and Ruby x3, Copper and Moonstone x8, and Copper and Onyx x13.

Quite the hoard, I'd say.

Time to retire? :p

One of my Dragonborns had two safes in Lakeview Manor reserved as retirement safes. One full of precious and enchanted jewellery and the other full of precious and flawless gems of all kinds. Any thief lucky enough to have got in there would have probably had a heart attack.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I hoard everything, in my OCD storage system. Gems, gold ingots, silver ingots, goblets and silverware make up my treasure safe. Unenchanted jewelry make up my other safe, then enchanted jewelry, then I also have ores, common ingots, expensive ingots, things related to building houses, things that are taken from animals such as pelts, hides, leather, strips, tusks.

I have a chest that holds robes, staves, dragon priest masks, faction armors/daedric artifacts. I have a chest for enchanted armor/unenchanted glass, daedric, dragonbone & ebony because they look magical. Also have the same for enchanted weapons.

Then I have a chest for soul gems, another for potions, then another place for all alchemy ingredients. I have a safe for tomes and scrolls, my spiders that I throw at people, spot for linen wraps and those ancient draugr (sp?) tools.

I must have everything. I mean, with several million septims and thousands of gems. I'm allowed to be crazy, because I'm crazy rich. I could buy a province, possibly a few Elder Council seats...

The reign of the Tyrant Just Emperor, DrunkenMage will soon come.

Wildroses

Books, alchemy ingredients, gems and children.

I haven't even read half the books in Skyrim, yet I still won't sell any and have a list of every book in Skyrim on my computer which I will sometimes print out so I can tick off books when characters acquire them.

I also have real trouble not picking every ingredient I see and not taking the green thumb perk. It isn't so bad before I reach 100 in alchemy as I just consider it all XP ingredients and just spend ages dragging potions around to sell, but once I hit 100 in alchemy I just keep all the ingredients, and frequently end up with about 150+ of snow berries and every variety of mountain flower.

Gems I began hoarding when I realised how pretty an empty box full of gems looked. Seriously, try it some time.

And the entire reason I started using mods was because it really bugged me I couldn't save Lucia and Sofie from the streets without condemning Blaise and Alesan to a childhood of unloved indentured slavery. So I got a mod that lets me adopt up to six and every single character I make now adopts all four of them, apart from the one who never visited Dawnstar because she was convinced the museum invitation was a Thalmor trap.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Daedra books/ eerie books (like the cabin woods thing)/ Potema volumes/ and any notes/journals. Love reading them.

Other than those, I don't really hoard things. Although, because I do a lot of smithing, I typically smith one of everything, make it legendary and display my favorites. But that's about it. After my first character, I got pissed of constantly reaching my carry limit and having to go back and forth. So now I only collect the books/journals I listed above and pick up things only of real value (a lot of gems and enchanted things) to sell.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Time to retire? :p

One of my Dragonborns had two safes in Lakeview Manor reserved as retirement safes. One full of precious and enchanted jewellery and the other full of precious and flawless gems of all kinds. Any thief lucky enough to have got in there would have probably had a heart attack.

You know, I never thought of it that way! I can't even remember WHY I started collecting circlets, but I know I did from the very beginning with the character. It's not like she ever wears them, ever. And besides, I couldn't retire until I finally get the Aetherial Crown. The jewel of circlets.

Eventually, my warrior is going to try her hand at magic, probably conjuration. When that happens, I'll actually do the College questline. I can't imagine how many cirlcets that's going to give me.

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I hoard everything, in my OCD storage system. Gems, gold ingots, silver ingots, goblets and silverware make up my treasure safe. Unenchanted jewelry make up my other safe, then enchanted jewelry, then I also have ores, common ingots, expensive ingots, things related to building houses, things that are taken from animals such as pelts, hides, leather, strips, tusks.

I have a chest that holds robes, staves, dragon priest masks, faction armors/daedric artifacts. I have a chest for enchanted armor/unenchanted glass, daedric, dragonbone & ebony because they look magical. Also have the same for enchanted weapons.

Then I have a chest for soul gems, another for potions, then another place for all alchemy ingredients. I have a safe for tomes and scrolls, my spiders that I throw at people, spot for linen wraps and those ancient draugr (sp?) tools.

I must have everything. I mean, with several million septims and thousands of gems. I'm allowed to be crazy, because I'm crazy rich. I could buy a province, possibly a few Elder Council seats...

The reign of the Tyrant Just Emperor, DrunkenMage will soon come.

It would probably be easier to list what you don't have. :)

My Nord has a whole drawer full of jewels and another full of jewelry. She also is trying to get one of each book. Someday she (I) will even read them. She also kind of collects clothes but only to the extent that if she sees something she likes she'll keep it.

My Breton is the exact opposite. She's homeless so she only keeps what can carry and will use.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Smithing supplies. Every character I've ever made has been at least partially a smith.

Also, gold Septims. I hoard the hell out of those. And gems.

Rimfaxe96

Cheap armor. The usual stuff I can rob from bandits. Simply because the prices are good but not so high that I'd need to travel across the land just to find a merchant with enough money.
Books too. And gems. And coins. And shining stuff. And ingredients. And dragon bones. And dragon shouts...
And much more. :p

Become the new big economic power and buy the Thalmor out of everything. :cool: