what do you want in the next elders scrolls?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
the future of elders scrolls is hear I just need your ideas so that would be great.

what would you like in the next elders scrolls?

I am saying more desserted plains of waistlands and sand and more oceans and forest in the next open world saga.

pyramids even,like deserts and ocean to forest a more larger more open world map much larger then skyrim itself now.

more magic spells and more modding? more armour and more swords?

and what would you call the new elders scrolls game?

put your ideas hear on this thread what you would like?

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
More focus on smithing!

In all seriousness the ability to customize armor and weaponry, and maybe have children with your wife.

HEFFAY

There is a bunch of things I would like add....

First: Bring back Levitation magic, or the fortify acrobatic spells that were in Morrowind to jump or fly over obsticals....
Second: Get rid of "Fast Travel" and bring back the Mark/Recall spells, Divine Intervention, and Almisvi's Intervention to teleport at any time (during battle if needed), not just when you are not in any danger.
Third: Spears/crossbows/throwing knives
Fourth: Allow to create your own spells like in Elder Scrolls Games past.
Fifth: Bring back the summoned Armour spells.
Sixth: Maybe have a Zombie Horde Mod
Seventh: Allow for Shape-shifting magic (not just werewolves)
Eighth: The best questlines in any Elder Scrolls game was the temple for Morrowind, vampire hunters. Bring that back.
Ninth: More quests for each and every faction. (way too short, can play through a guild in an afternoon if your bored enough)
Tenth: Add a new spell combining telekinesis and paralyze to freeze an NPC and toss them around, against walls, ceilings, other NPC, in doing so you are causing damage to them... Sort of like an Offensive Alteration Magic spell.....

I'm at work so I don't have time to list everything, but I'll probably add about ten more later...

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
GET THE SOLDIERS BETTER KNEE ARMOR SO THEIR NOT TELLIN' THE WORLD BOUT' THERE WAR-WOUNDS ALL THE TIME!

osheao

a true hardcore mode with numerous GAMEPLAY ALTERING toggles.
attributes.
factions and the ability to create my own.
in-game journal and map that i can interact with and "create" as i play.
gameplay on the max difficulty setting that remains difficult throughout character level-ups.
added combat maneuvers.
more text-based conversation.

I vote for some Closure on the whole AD thing, or at least the Forsworn. I'd set it in Valenwood/Elswere/The Black Marsh, because these haven't been done yet, and combined, they'd be large enough to compete with the likes of Skyrim, and Cyrodiil. Probably a War between the Bosmeri, who secceeded from the Thalmor, but were attacked by the Argonians, sensing weakness. Fresh from being kicked back out of Vvardenfell by the returning Dunmeri, they'd be fighting on two fronts as well. Basically a moshpit of the Meric races all fighting each other for Dominion. Lots of Magic, Poison, Disease, and arrows flying everywhere, with the Melee leg of the Combat tripod nerfed for once.

So, the Bosmeri get Archery, and Poison against the Argonians. They see the return of the Shadowscales with Plague Magic, and the Thalmor are weakened by a backfire of their meddling in Skyrim. (The Noodle Incident being the return of Talos to set them straight.) This caused the near collapse of the Empire, who's too weak to get involved in this CF.

Races: (Since this is the Elven Wars of Succession, they use the ...Meri names.)

Altmeri: Pretty much unchanged. Pure Mages, Highborn, nuff said.

Argos get Immunity to Disease, and claw damage that lowers Health, and Stamina until Cured. (Plus a whole spellbook of Plague Magic only availible to the Shadowscale Faction.) Retain Waterbreathing constant effect. Some way of explaining how they took the scorched earth of Morrowind from the Dunmer!?

Bosmeri: Poison Immunity, and probably a daily power which Fortifies Speed 30% for 60 sec. Remove Pick Locks/Pockets in favor of Forestry Skills. (These are Not city Elves.)

Bretons get 1 Handed, and Archery (from their allies, the Redguard, but we're a long way away from there) instead of Speech, and Alchemy. Largely taken over by the Reachmen, and Hagravens, all of this is in the background, but the difference is still visible.

Cyrodians: Rather than the Imperial Luck, probably Resist Shock 25%. (I don't know why this was never given to Any race in the history of Nirn.) Very low presence, the Empire has all but fallen.

Dunmeri: Largely unchanged, basically the Nightblade Class. Absorb Fire (Element specific Spell Absorbtion) Daily Power.

Kajiit: Permanent Night Vision, and Speed Boost. No resistance, nor Claw Damage.

Nordmen: Extremely scarce, as is Cold damage. Swap Speech for Archery, add Thu'um as their special ability. (Frost Breath once per day, slows with a chance to Paralyze. Actually say "Iiz SlenNus!")

Orismer: Some nerfs to make them them not the most overpowered race in the game. Probably 50% weakness to Magic in keeping with the Pure Melee archetype. (Doubled in Berserker rage!) Honestly, with the history of Tamriel, I have no idea why they haven't taken it over, or at least been the Big bad to be beaten back by the Empire at least once. (I could write that too, Orisinium vs the AD.)

Redguard: Adrenaline Rush doubles Regeneration, Magicka, and Stamina recovery for 60 seconds. Start with Bound Sword, but lose their Poison Resistance. Completely embrace their role as Spellswords, and are now interbreeding/cross training with the Bretons.

Hybrids: Reachmen, Nord/Imperial, Bos/Dunmeri (Some of the refugees fled to Valenwood) Altmer and beast races stay Pureblood. Possibly varients availible in Character Creation like Shadowscale (Mage Lizards) Saberwere(Shape shifters, like Rakshasa) and Warmere(Altmer trained in weapons/armor as Battlemages.)

Pregnancy, and child-rearing, including possible interbreeding. (All off camera, go to bed with your spouse, and fade to black.) Some races are incompatible, Men with Men, Mer with mer, the Bretons being the only ones who can cross with both. (They are, after all, Manmers.) Both Beastraces can only inbreed, and the Altmeri generally keep their bloodlines Pure. (They can, but just choose not to interbreed with lower Meri, especially Orismer, "Ewwe!")

Some Allusions to the Dark Times (Dawnguard) Return of Ysmir, and Dragon War. (Back to back Time Crisese, I didn't make up!) Attenuated time-scale, so incubation can take place within the approximated Years of gameplay. Race Specific Questlines with 3 different start points. (Valenwood, Elswere, and TBM.) Lampshade the moratorium on Teleportation. (Because of the Oblivion Crisis, it's no longer stable. Write a book, which can be read for this knowledge.)

I could write all of this...

Tara

I'd like female Khajiit and Argonians to not look so awkward in the neck area for once.

A druid 'class' that allows me to turn into animals and use 'nature-y' (totally a word) spells. I'm a big nature geek.

A perk tree for unarmed combat, so I can be a Khajiit who fights with her claws.

For followers (including the 'pet' dogs) to stealth with me and not get detected. That way I can actually hunt with my dog without it scaring away the deer before I can even get a shot in.

Let destructive spells be a bit stronger!

The ability (as in it's a choice, not forced on you) to make your character feel hungry, thirsty and tired. I have a mod that does that for Skyrim, and it makes me care much more for my characters than I did before.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Give us back the ability to create our own spells, or (and) enchants that effect spell damage/duration/potency and not just reduce mana consumption/increase mana regeneration.

A druid 'class' that allows me to turn into animals and use 'nature-y' (totally a word) spells. I'm a big nature geek.
Or a Druidism TREE. ;)

A perk tree for unarmed combat, so I can be a Khajiit who fights with her claws.
Not to mention other races can get involved, and you could have more than 3 basic attacks. It'd be nice if Argonians got a (Diseased) bite, for instance, and Nobody ever kicks!?

A Ranger's Guild (Including Archers, and Hunters, with Druidism thrown in.) In Valenwood, Natch.

I'd like more roleplaying elements; more options for finishing quests.

I would like them to go back to the basics (Morrowind). A lot of guilds where u need skills to reach higher ranks etc.
Morrowind was really great.
I'd like to see something like Skyrim, but with the depth of Morrowind.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Second: Get rid of "Fast Travel" and bring back the Mark/Recall spells, Divine Intervention, and Almisvi's Intervention to teleport at any time (during battle if needed), not just when you are not in any danger.
Eighth: The best questlines in any Elder Scrolls game was the temple for Morrowind, vampire hunters. Bring that back.

*spoilers*

But Almsivi was destroyed with the Heart of Lorkhan. There are no more Living gods. :sadface:

Neriad13

Premium Member
Morrowind was really great.
I'd like to see something like Skyrim, but with the depth of Morrowind.

I thought about that the entire time I was playing Morrowind. If Skyrim and Morrowind were positioned opposite from one another and then launched toward one another at high speed, we'd have the most amazing game ever.

Krzychu

Would like some good dual wielding fighting and weapon sheating and not getting the second one from nowhere, and the second thing would be to work on magic classes more spells for example

Spears. They had them from the Game Jam 1 week after release, and I think their lack is a major oversight in any fantasy game. We're talking about THE longarm of choice for the vast majority of our existence as tool users. From an estimated 200,000 years ago, when we learnt to poke stufff with a pointy stick, all the way to the Napoleonic era, which was dominated by Pike, and Musket tactic, and on up to the advent of the self contained metallic cartridge, when they were replaced by Bayonettes (which combined with a Rifle to make a Spear) until finally made obsolete by reliable repeating actions.

Why? Reach. A long enough pike has a large distance between where you can hit them, and they can't hit you (without another Spear.) Inside that reach, you'd be at a bit of a disadvantage, so I'd make them 2 handed, but useable with a Shield. (Just like the Phoenecians, Egyptians, Hoplites, and Zulus of the 19th century, plus many more.) Javalines would be nice too, so you could combo with a hand weapon, and have Ranged/Melee out at the same time like a Spellsword without using Magicka. Just give them short range, weight (so they don't stack infinitely like Arrows) and damage equivalent to the Swords of the same tier. Wouldn't be unbalanced, and all you'd have to add would be a couple Perks to the 2H/Archery trees.

There's mods for the Javelines, but I have yet to see a useable hand held Spear. Really, that's all I ask.

KritikalPT

One thing I would love to see in the next game is character and class customization. Even better, they should get the one they used in Daggerfall and improve it.
Having the ability to change your stats however you want to, setting your skills and even adding special advantages and disadvantages can really for some really unique class designs, increasing the replay value of the game tenfold.
Another is guild progression. They should make it so that it actually make some sense. Oblivion and Skyrim had bad examples, where you're a nobody that decided to enter a Fighter's Guild, and 10 in-game days later, you're the Grandmaster of said guild. Instead, they should give us ranks that we have to achieve by getting better, for example, in order to achieve the next rank in the Mages Guild, you'll need to get some of your skills to a certain point and have the necessary reputation with the guild, and then you can advance in rank, which unlocks more options inside the guild, instead of being already available from the start. If they do decide to allow us to become the Guildmaster/Boss/Chief/whatever of a guild, then we should be able to actually have control over the guild and be able to make decisions that can have an impact in the game. Be a good Guildmaster and you'll get a good amount of gold over a period of time and people will respect you and you'll get more members, as well as being regarded much more highly than before. If you don't manage your guild well, guild members can actually abandon the guild, to the point where they can actually create splinter groups or rival groups to compete with you, you wouldn't get a lot of gold and eventually, the guild could reach a point where it would be forced to close.
More weapon variety and more weapons in general. It's fun to hit stuff with axes, maces and swords, but that's pretty much all we have. Spears, polearms, halberds, scimitars, rapiers, cutlass, whips, scythes, punch daggers, etc. So many weapons out there, and it's pretty disappointing that we can only have a small number of them without much variation.
Marriage was a good step in this game, but they should take it a step further. Allowing us to have children and be able to have our own family would be great.
This is a pet peeve of mine, but still; remove fast travelling. There was almost no point to the carriages in Skyrim since you could simply teleport to where you want to, and give us more places to be able to pay for a ride. Another thing that could be a nice idea, but can also be a pain in the ass, is having a chance of the carriage being raided by bandits and then you're forced to walk on foot to where you wanted to go in the first place.
Having a more believable ecosystem would be a good thing as well.Again, Skyrim did a good job adding Elks, rabbits, wolves and what not that wander around the wilderness, and they also added a nice touch where they can attack between each other in order to survive, but again, they can take it a step forward. It would be nice seeing wolves that aren't aggressive towards you the moment they see you, and they could also be protecting their cubs from predators.
Stopping with the handholding would be another good feature. Instead of having the game tell you "Hey, what you're looking for is right over there! Go get it and then I'll tell you exactly where the NPC that wants it is!", they should implement a journal where you have to look up regarding information as to where you have to go, who to talk to and what exactly to do, and being able to write our own notes would be a good feature as well.

lonewolf

To start id love to have better class and character customization, since as much as i like the changes they made from oblivion theres still alot they could improve on ie make each race have considerable differences again. instead of having over 30 followers to id rather see like 15 but having them way more drawn out sorta like new vegas did. Marriage would be same way less options but better personalities better marriage then telling your wife to make you food and give you money. as for story i wanna see it somewhere in valenwood or somewhere else in the AD showing there brutality against the population and taking part in the resistance sorta like the empire vs stormcloaks but its like assination missions ect for the rebels and spy sorta policing ones for the AD

nacman99

horse armor.

elweyr,valenwood and blackmarsh.

different lycanthropes: werebears, werelions, weresharks, werevultures, werewolf.

different terreain: jungle, forest, plain , desert, etc..

better magic.

better factions: with better quest lines.

more military battles.

better followers.

more towns and cities.

boats.

custom houses.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts