What do you think about the dwemer and possible content involving them?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Agentoringe

I personally see this subject as a toss up, I mean, they enslaved an entire race and basically forced them into servitude by taking away thier sight and twisting thier minds, then just up and disappeared, of course that was durin the war, but still yet, if they found a way to "displace" an entire race they should be able to find a way back, question is, will they re emerge as tyrants/conquerors at the head of legions of dwemer animunculi and advanced weapons threatening all of skyrim/tamriel? Or will they come back peaceful and insightful or at least non combative and possibly helpful?

I like the mystery of it all, I don't really want to see them come back I like the 1000000 different ideas that people have on what happened to them.

lulu doll

iRaWr
more robots?
DF0860C3856D9DF78039768655A53D92.gif

i just like their lore, especially the battle for red mountain but question is where is the nerevarine, would he comeback if the dwemer did

Agentoringe

Nereverine? lol I must have missed that somewhere lol I haven't dug around in all the lore surrounding the dwemer, just some of the battle at red mountain and the spell that was cast that "exiled" all of them...

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I'd love to see the return of the Dwemer. No doubt their disappearance had something to do with their use of the Elder Scrolls. Perhaps the Elder Scrolls had a similar effect to Alduin, push the Dwemer forward in time, and they appear all of a sudden in the forth era and start using their ruins again.

Maybe the use of the Elder Scrolls to disappear and then reappear would be too obvious, but if you ask me Elder Scrolls aren't promininant enough in Elder Scrolls games. They only featured once in Skyrim really (sans Dawnguard). It'd be like if in Grand Theft Auto you only stole a car once. This would be a good chance to keep using them.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
Id like to see the Dwemer come back myself. Even if not all of them or temporarily. As for the Elder Scroll idea, maybe use the one from Septimus, and have to find another, plus the one they bring back, and use them as some sort of travel, locating, type devixe or even for war. Endless possibilities. When doing Sheogoraths quest in the Blue Palace you see people in full Dwemer Armor as you battle his subconcious Atranochs. Leads me to believe they are out there somewhere, even if in a different dimension. Maybe even travel to the point in "time" that the Gods were born and battling each other (Aedra and Daedra are all from the Same according to a book I read.)

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't want a full fledged DLC package that dealt with them. They need their mystery. However, I have debated over creating a 'Brotherhood of Steel' like organization/guild that salvaged Dwemer tech.

lulu doll

iRaWr
Nereverine? lol I must have missed that somewhere lol I haven't dug around in all the lore surrounding the dwemer, just some of the battle at red mountain and the spell that was cast that "exiled" all of them...

if you read about the battle at red mountain, the name nerevar should have shown up, since he
died right after it
"The Tribunal betrayed Nerevar, and Azura, in her fury, turned the Chimer's skin dark, and their eyes Red. On this day, all Chimer became the Dunmer, or the "Cursed Ones"
& then the prophesied return of nerevar as the nerevarine
its all related to the dwemer since those two factions basically oppose each other.

No doubt their disappearance had something to do with their use of the Elder Scrolls. Perhaps the Elder Scrolls had a similar effect to Alduin, push the Dwemer forward in time, and they appear all of a sudden in the forth era and start using their ruins again.

that's incorrect, its assumed that its due to the fact that the dwemer had obtained
the heart of lorkhan & tried to ascend to god-hood
that they disappeared.

there's a lot of unknowns in the dwemer's history, but if you read everything leading up to red mountain & after it, there are some clues as to where they really went

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
utahhime, where does it say this stuff about the Dwemer obaining the thing you mentioned? Is it in one of the books in Skyrim?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
A Dwemer DLC would sound like something that Bethesda would do. As Todd said before the game was released they wanted to focus more on Big Dlc's than smaller ones.
Also the Dwemer would fit in the hole "DLC" perspective as of, we do not now much about them.

I think the mystery of the Dwemer is almost essential to the atmosphere of the elder scrolls games. But I would like to see more of the mystery unraveled.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts