What do you remember of your first time?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
Well first time i played it my tv format wasn't right so whatever it said on the top left i couldn't read, i can now.

Here's a list to sum it up.

*Didn't know you had to open the menu to level up so i was stuck at level 1 for ages.

*Didn't know why i couldn't run when too much weight was on me since i was taking everything off enemies.

*Didn't know how to equip or weapons or armor so i was punching everything naked on novice until half way through Bleak falls barrow where the mushrooms were.

Ritterkreuz

I remember getting lost and using clairvoyance all the time.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well first time i played it my tv format wasn't right so whatever it said on the top left i couldn't read, i can now.

Here's a list to sum it up.

*Didn't know you had to open the menu to level up so i was stuck at level 1 for ages.

*Didn't know why i couldn't run when too much weight was on me since i was taking everything off enemies.

*Didn't know how to equip or weapons or armor so i was punching everything naked on novice until half way through Bleak falls barrow where the mushrooms were.
Luv the last one! Boy can I relate. Was in my rags for ages when escaping Helgen until I accidently opened the items menu. Somehow I managed to have a dagger in my hand though (at least). :)

I remember a few notable things from my first character. Be warned, Facepalm worthy moments below.

I wondered why your character had to look at least thirty years old (if you're a male) unless you are A: A Redguard, B: a Khajiit/Argonian or C: A fan of beards.

I hadn't read anything about Skyrim or even seen any trailers for it (I don't really watch TV) so I had no idea who Ulfric Stormcloak was (I had my computer volume set to about twenty so i couldn't really hear anything), I just thought he was some random rich guy who was arrested. When Ralof and Ulfric were speaking in the tower, I was already in the top of the tower so that moment was lost on me.

While bravely and gloriously fleeing from Alduin my character tripped on something and fell down in the burning house you follow Hadvar through. Welcome to Skyrim.

The magic seemed a great deal stronger in my first play through, I felt like a true mage in the making even at level one using beginner spells.

Those are just a few memories from my first play through of Skyrim. I actually don't have many more because I eventually got bored with that character and started over.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
I remember being nervous. She looked beautiful and I didn't want to mess anything up... oh, first time playing Skyrim?

I remember the 4 hours of character customization, the 20 minute intermission of me deciding whether I want to go with Hadvar or Ralof, the beautiful walk through the woods from Helgen to Riverwood, and the quick stop in between to decide which Stone I wanted to choose, and of course that Bandit Cave. It was awesome.

Oh, and I highly suggest a revise of the thread title :p

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
I remember me accidentally hitting the jarl :p then later in "teh" story when I fus ro dah-ed the dragon priest in the main quest line (forgot his name) then at the end I remember fus ro dah-ing the Ebony Warrior of the mountain xD lol

Update: Hey if you're reading this...Eh nevermind

Last edited:

Mookie

I didnt know you can go with Hadvar, so I always went with Ralof, every single time :D

moonfellmage

1) I was a male high elf named Rebel.
3) I had found Labrynthian by mistake and was killed five or six times by those darned trolls.
4) I was terrified of dwemer ruins. I avoided Markharth for a long time.
6) I was also terrified of dragons and dragon priests.
7) I didn't know that you could run faster or use weapons by pressing the left button, until I accidentally did it.

FrostedPink

Fairon
Oh where to start. I have always been a game watcher. I love watching people play video games, but rarely play them. But when I saw Skyrim, I knew I had to try it for myself. As soon as Alduin came, I tried to run. I could not, for the life of me, move in anything but a circle. So there I am...circling, terrified of burning to a crisp. When I finally made my way into the tower it took me another 20 minutes to realize I had to jump from the window...and I was STILL circling. I'm so glad I'm not a virgin anymore! :D

Benthos

Proud Mer
I remember my first time, I was an Argonian, I was lost like no tomorrow, looking back now, it seemed rather darker than it usually was even during the day time, not that it was a lighting problem but looking back seemed darker. Dragons were much more of a threat, I panicked whenever a dragon came swooping on me and I had to be quick in action. I remember first going into the open fields outside of Whiterun, coming across my first mammoths, I didn't want Lydia getting taken out so I told her to wait there (which was quite far) and that I could utilize my surroundings to kill some mammoths. I even remember hoping there was a way to make Mammoth hide armor but that was ruined by the fact that you can't take the hide or make weapons out of the tusks or bones. My first time coming across giants was at Secunda's Kiss right after Bleak Falls Barrow. I was careful after being killed the first time and took them out from the ledge.

Karen

boop.
I had an extremely difficult time getting into Whiterun the first time. I don't know why, but I tend to ignore roads when I walk (I still do that now sometimes), so when I got the "Whiterun discovered" message, I'd actually reached a side of the stone wall instead of the gate, and I tried jumping into Whiterun through the lower sections of the wall.

On the same topic of not following paths, the first time I travelled to High Hrothgar, I didn't use the steps from Ivarstead, I scaled the mountain from the other side because it looked closer on the map. I didn't make it to the top that way, of course, but I somehow got Uthgerd killed on the way up, which prompted me to reload since I felt awful that she died on our first trip together. Then I read the instructions more carefully and found that there was a much easier way up.

Also, when Hadvar told me to look around that room in Helgen at the beginning and pick out the things I'll need, I scoured every inch of the room and almost took everything.

"A tankard? Of course I'm going to need that, what am I going to drink out of? I'll definitely need this kettle and these wooden plates, too."

My inventory was almost full by the time I left that one room.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Oh my god glad I'm not the only one. I had to run around the whole stone wall like "where is this friggin thing". Spent over 200 days counting down then on the day I get the game I can't get into the first city :p

TheJtlman

My friend brought it over from his house about 3 months after the Christmas season it came out. I never heard of the series before. He kept talking about oblivion. 2 things came from it.
1. He died to a unicorn.
2. Skyrim: turkey edition. They basically acted like the cucco's, but more aggressive.

Anyway, I was a imperial warrior. I died a lot . . . on novice. Then I fought the dragon. I died around 14 times. :sadface:

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I had no idea there were starting spells :sadface: not even at the college. And when I found books, I didn't learn them... Shouts were my only magic help for a long time, without perks, adept difficulty, and with most NPC's killed by me. I also didn't know jail de evolved your skills and went there every time my bounty got above 300 septims...

Wildroses

Also, when Hadvar told me to look around that room in Helgen at the beginning and pick out the things I'll need, I scoured every inch of the room and almost took everything.

"A tankard? Of course I'm going to need that, what am I going to drink out of? I'll definitely need this kettle and these wooden plates, too."

My inventory was almost full by the time I left that one room.

I did something similar. There was this awkward moment when I realised that I had created a character who thought that grabbing every bucket, basket and broom she saw was so important she would delay escaping a tower in a town being completely decimated by a dragon.

Rimfaxe96

I felt awkward and kept talking to the guards because I love the way they talk and I was a total noob to RPGs, lol.

"Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll..."
"Sweetroll? What sweetroll? Is that a quest item???" :eek:

The first time I played it (and im playing on PS3) for some reason I was an expert and I didnt play any other of the games!When I got to Riverwood for some reason i killed everyone non essential and killed frodnars dog and tried killing the children and i dont remember anything else.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Let's see.........
I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the game and spent who knows how long attempting to create a character to look like me, and got pretty close. Then chasing Ralof through the tower to the top, jumped for the inn......and fell to my death(how!?!?). Reloaded, made the jump, then followed Ralof into the keep because I did not know I could follow Hadvar and then had a fairly easy time getting out of Helgen. Was a little disappointed and felt like Oblivion's "Tutorial" was better, and decided to get the claw for Lucan because I didn't want to jump right into the main story, and I thought I was awesome and could handle anything short of a dragon. Got merced by the bandit chief on the way up a few times, and then found a giant just before Bleak Falls Barrow(How!? I've never seen one there again!) and promptly learned to fly. Threw my controller at the TV and started the whole thing over to make a sneaky Khajiit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts