What difficulty do you all play on?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Logan

I usually stick with Adept, what about everyone else?

NoVa

Bossmer
Master. I was quite happy to find that they did away with the sliding bar scale like in morrowind and oblivion.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
lol Adept... might step it later when I hit a few more levels tho... The game is coming a little too easy for my taste.... Love it tho :)

Master. I was quite happy to find that they did away with the sliding bar scale like in morrowind and oblivion.

o_O How the heck do you survive without getting owned D: *pokes*

NoVa

Bossmer
It was tough at first. I stuck to archery with light armor to stay mobile. As time progressed it got tedious staying at a distance and having to run away all the time so I went for dual wielding swords. The light armor perk that grants additional defense comes in very handy. I play as an assassin or thief type with heavy influence on sneak and offense.

Vrael42

Im overpowered now with 75% destruction spell reduce etc. 100% is for losers tho :p
so I play hardest as well and its still challenging now

Logan

Is it possible to play on the hardest difficulty effectively as just a straight up two-handed or one-handed warrior? I'm not really into the sneaking around stuff.

I think it would be fun to give master a go, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into first.

Reladin

I am currently on Adept. I like to get a feel for the game, then up the difficulty. However, this doesn't mean I'm going to completely make my character a GOD before I up it, merely finish the game on Adept, then when I start a new character, START on Master difficulty. :)

Logan

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing. I don't want to just switch to Master in the middle of the game, that would take away from the experience.

Drem

started on master. i was having trouble with the blood dragon and that dragon priest krosis so i turned it down to adept to see what it's like for all you guys. hahahahaha...... so easy. totally waxed both of those guys. on master i can't even drop the dragon. and that's ok. i don't need insane masks that up 3 skills at level 26.... there's still like 40+ levels to go @@

and it's definitely feeling like a single player MMO. the mobs are actually in a certain level range. stuff that used to jablown me is trivial 15 levels later. i can take a normal "dragon" solo now. blood dragon if i can find good terrain to work with. i recommend master to everyone. it's challenging but not absurd. you just can't do everything you want to do when you're low lv. i don't think i could even kill a bandit til 6 or 7 really

J747L

After hitting level 61, I moved the slider to Master and for the moment, it seems most likely to stay there up to the end of the game.

smokes420

master. at one point in time i wanted to see what difficulty i was on and i checked, the game started me on master and thats where it stays. mind you ive wanted to throw my controller through my tv with all those 1 hitter mages. but now if i can get behind them i can slit there throat

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
Will also be finishing the game (well not finish the GAME but you know what I mean) on adept and then create a new character on Master. Gonna be tough though :confused:

Tommybombzor

I play on Master and it still seems incredibly easy. I know people will say "If you complain about the game being too easy with blacksmithing and enchanting then don't do it." But hell, its against my nature to NOT attempt to make my character as powerful as possible (without exploits). Just wish the game wasn't such a cake walk.

I'm playing as a Breton, with light armor, sword and board, smithing, and enchanting. I dual wield against large groups of easier enemies. I know a strange build for a Breton but I started off thinking I would be more of a mage. That's one thing I love about this game. My character just kind of molded into his own build based on what I found enjoyable.

Oh, and I'm level 42.

Umbranar

Currently playing adept, but that was to figure out what i prefer to play. Going to start a master difficulty assasin with sneak/onehand/archer/alchemy/light armor. I like sword and board aswell though for the more warrior type play. One quick question, is it possible to poison conjured weapons?

My difficulty varies. If I'm having a hard time I drop it, if I'm not and I'm bored I'll raise it. Unfortunately, the difference between Novice and Master aren't quite as far as I'd like.