What classic video games do you want to see remade

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KiBa

Goblin King
I don't know if you can call it a remake, but I really just want to see Shenmue III happen before I die. At this point, if that means remaking the first two games before releasing the conclusion, or remaking the whole story and releasing it as one new complete saga, I wouldn't mind either way.

Step one: hopefully Sega will finally sell the HD versions/remakes of Shenmue 1&2 they say they've made as digital downloads in the Xbox and PS3 marketplaces as soon as possible.

Other than Shenmue, a straight remake of Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age would be fun. Still the best stealth games ever, in my humble opinion. Great gameplay, artwork, style, soundtrack, story, world, characters, etc.

Really, there's a huge amount of classic games that I'd like to play again with updated graphics and sound, so long as the tone and style remain intact. In that respect, I'd like to see a future Elder Scrolls game with a Daggerfall-style soundtrack.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Accepting that the Final Fantasy's are a given.

Others I'd like would be:
Gauntlet (I spent far too much time in pubs drinking and playing Gauntlet - 4 player)
Parasite Eve (The first one was never released for PS in the UK so I had to have lots of money extorted from me by Computer Exchange for an American import)
Syphon Filter (the first one, even if it just to get a better effect when you have to taser someone into unconciousness and not set them on fire)
Smash TV
Thrill Kill (the version that was banned, I had a copy which I let go with my PS - I should have kept both)

Mattius

Any Final Fantasy of course. Suikoden should be remade starting from the original. One of the best RPGs of all time!

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.
I'll try to keep this list as short as I can. There's so many. I'm addicted to nostalgia. |:

Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei
SMT II
SMT if...
TES: Morrowind
Star Ocean
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Vagrant Story
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Omega Dragon

The games I want to see HDmade (get it? HD+Remake) include (not all you may consider classics, but many are in my history):

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X (which is happening at least)
The Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean franchise (esp. 3 (Till the End of Time) for me...)
YuGiOh! The Duelists of the Roses, The Dawn of Destiny, & The Falsebound Kingdom
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Monster Rancher franchise (it doesn't really matter which one so long as it isn't Evo; I just want a new Monster Rancher game FFS!)
Jade Cocoon
Metal Gear Solid
Dino Crisis franchise (all 3 should be remade, and make the 3rd one much longer and give it everything it misses from the first 2 including NG mode...)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Guilty Gear franchise (never played it, but would like to... and an HDmake would let me do just that...)
SMT: Nocturne
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1&2
Dark Cloud
Lunar franchise
Valkyrie Profile
Xenogears
.hack// franchise (played the 1st, but never got around to the others)
Summoner 1&2
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Deus Ex
Drakengard
Growlanser franchise (never got to play this franchise either)

Socom 3 us navy seals
quake
gta sa

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
The games I want to see HDmade (get it? HD+Remake) include (not all you may consider classics, but many are in my history):

Final Fantasy VIII
The Legend of Dragoon
YuGiOh! The Duelists of the Roses, The Dawn of Destiny, & The Falsebound Kingdom
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Monster Rancher franchise (it doesn't really matter which one so long as it isn't Evo; I just want a new Monster Rancher game FFS!)
Jade Cocoon
Metal Gear Solid
Dino Crisis franchise (all 3 should be remade, and make the 3rd one much longer and give it everything it misses from the first 2 including NG mode...)
Guilty Gear franchise (never played it, but would like to... and an HDmake would let me do just that...)
Dark Cloud
Lunar franchise
Valkyrie Profile
Xenogears
Summoner 1&2
Deus Ex
Drakengard
Awesome list. I forgot all about Jade Cocoon. I had that one. Never beat it though.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
hasn't Ocarina of time already been remade?

I would love to see FFVII and FFIX remade as well....or even re-released in a box set

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.

Final Fantasy VIII
The Legend of Dragoon
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve II
Jade Cocoon
Metal Gear Solid
Dark Cloud
Lunar franchise
Valkyrie Profile
Xenogears
Summoner 1&2
Deus Ex
Drakengard

You and me, man. Eye to eye. We share some sort of gamer DNA. Dark Cloud, Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, Growlanser, VP, .hack//, MC: Tears of Blood, MGS, all should have been on my list.

I would include SMT: Nocturne, DDS 1 & 2 and SO: TtEoT, but those are probably my four favorite games of all time and I'd likely just be pissed of they were remade. Maybe in another ten years, but for now, I'd rather no one touch them. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts