What character in Skyrim do you have genuine respect for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Lol the funniest thing about wind helm is that ulfric makes his advisor sleep on a mat on the floor. But I do respect galmar. He outright follows ulfric to the depths of oblivion. Can't ask for more loyalty than that.

And I will say this

::spoiler::

If u end up killing ulfric he does end up in sovngarde. So he is a hero in many ways. He was deemed worthy by Tsun and Shor, drinking alongside Ysgramor. And I never said I liked Rikke or Tullius even though I'm a diehard imperial. Blindly killing people and not taking them back to cyrodiil to be tried for their warcrimes?? Inexcusable. But so is the fate of the Dragonborn. Ironic how Alduin saves the one who can kill him.

osheao

Racism/prejudice in Basketball and unfair advantage in lore from a video game. Hmmm. Relevance... 0.

But you do make An interesting analogy so I'll use it to get back on topic.

I wholeheartedly respect his character prior to the civil war in that he sought vengeance for his father who was murdered by the thalmor.
He was also a decorated Imperial war hero.
I'm not ignorant on what he has done. But my own opinion is that his current beliefs are flawed and his actions with Torygg was inexcusable. It would be like you come onto the court with no basketball, knowing you have the skills to dunk on someone decided to call out someone you didn't like simply cuz he owned the basketball and of course he thinks he might still beat u cuz he has some skill and he's playing for ownership of the ball. But u beat his ass. Take his ball. And now he's in sovngard getting eaten by a dragon.

I don't think I made sense With that. :D

of course my analogy is interesting. its who i am, lol. and, i (i probs should stfu) my argument is valid. it's fact. i lived it. it's why obama can't faze me by being black. its why the movie white men can't jump is a farce, for me. it's not true. its a con. its why many black people love my perspective on race relation issues. i was just that good, lol.

DarkEastwood

Well look at this from the Imperials perspective: They're ambushing the highestvwanted target for the Imperials during the civil war, that being Ulfric, their leader. The ones with them, being Stormcloaks, would be seen as traitors to the Empire, and would get the same treatment Ulfric will. As for YOU, you are caught with them. So they can kind of conclude that you were helping them or was associated with them in some way. Again, treason. I do sympathize for the Dragonborn at first, but then you realize they are in the middle of a bloody civil war.

But regardless, I adore Legate Rikke, and I'm okay with Tullius. He has his moments, but he shows results, so I'd say he does exactly what he's meant to do.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
From what I'm told he "fought torygg in the old way" by... Uhhhhh.... Shouting??? How is that fair? And he's proud he had haxxorrrr skills in the fight? I mean that's a little BS don't u think? And why torygg? I get he wants to be high king but killing a family man and usurping his throne through an unfair advantage... The Dragonborn might as well shout down elisif, Tullius, and ulfric... Cus it's a "battle in the old way"

He challenged Torygg the old way by requesting an audience with him, and then challenging him. Because he was in Solitude court at the time, he had no choice but to accept and battle with ulfric, if he didnt accept the challenge, ulfric would have been able to call for the moot to meet anyway, and call for a new high king.
He challenged torygg to prove a point. If a high king cant defend himself on the throne, how is he meant to defend his people? Thats what Ulfric was trying to get at.
& as for shouting down general tullius, elisif & ulfric, I killed ulfric using unrelenting force when I sided with the imperials on my second player, so.. He knew how it felt, put it that way.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Nazeem, I respect the poor guy. All he ever wanted to do was go to Dragonsreach and whine about the Cloud District and shove his head up Jarl Balgruffs ass, but his wife kept on complaining about it, respect :sadface:

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
He challenged Torygg the old way by requesting an audience with him, and then challenging him. Because he was in Solitude court at the time, he had no choice but to accept and battle with ulfric, if he didnt accept the challenge, ulfric would have been able to call for the moot to meet anyway, and call for a new high king.
He challenged torygg to prove a point. If a high king cant defend himself on the throne, how is he meant to defend his people? Thats what Ulfric was trying to get at.
& as for shouting down general tullius, elisif & ulfric, I killed ulfric using unrelenting force when I sided with the imperials on my second player, so.. He knew how it felt, put it that way.
No he didn't. What really happened was one day Ulfric was dancing like a badass, so he thought he could take on the champion dancer in all of Tamriel, TORYGG. Then he challenged Torygg to a ultimite dancing showdown. Then they danced like a bunch of crazy **** until Ulfric done a handspin and Torygg was so amazed his head exploded and Ulfric and his moves won :)

Gowsh

Old Fart
Even though i am a die hard storm cloak, the person i respect the most is the emperor. When you come in to kill him he stayes strong and takes his death with honor and dignity. I really have a deep respect for him

He's my choice as well.

I found that whole scene totally unexpected and mesmerizing.

The voice actor was great.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Derkeethus! And Paarthurnax, odahviing and madesi. Oh and can't forget veezara from the dark brotherhood.

Unit7

I can't think of many NPCs I have respect for Mjoll is definitely one of them. I am a bit disappointed that you never get a chance to bring down the Thieves Guild like you can the Dark Brotherhood... but then again bringing down the Dark Brotherhood was lame. So much potential lost.

But she wants to end the corruption in Riften and take down the Thieves Guild once and for all. Considering most people in Riften seem to fear them, the guards in Maven's back pocket along with the Jarl. It's not going to be an easy task.

I also have respect for the first person you meet in Dayspring Canyon from Dawnguard. Not sure if he ever becomes a decent NPC to actually talk to but I can't help but respect the man. He isn't the bravest, in fact he wants to arrive at Fort Dawnguard with you. But I have no doubt if you didn't come along he'd suck it up and go to Isran on his own.

He also knows that he has very little experience with combat, let alone Vampires. Yet he knows that the Vampires are back and wants to help out. Can't help but respect someone like that.

I was iffy about Isran. Before the story begins he seems like he was a bit full of himself and sent his closest allies away. I had seen a playthrough that got up to the Soul Cairn area. But stopped watching. So I knew a bit about Isran and I didn't have the highest opinion of the man.

But after playing and paying attention to the dialogue... he still seems somewhat full of himself but he knows when he has to rebuild some bridges and ask for help. He also didn't entirely mock that NPC you meet along the way the Fort Dawnguard and just sent him home. No he gave the lad the crossbow and was willing to personally help him out.

So Isran is definitely really growing on me.

Oh and there is Serana... I like her too. :)

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Mjol by far, I agree with the previous post she's so honorable. Then Serana, not only is she a sexy beast but she's willing to turn on her family for the greater good? There both very respectable.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
No he didn't. What really happened was one day Ulfric was dancing like a badass, so he thought he could take on the champion dancer in all of Tamriel, TORYGG. Then he challenged Torygg to a ultimite dancing showdown. Then they danced like a bunch of crazy **** until Ulfric done a handspin and Torygg was so amazed his head exploded and Ulfric and his moves won :)
LMAO! Funnily enough, I found a video that pretty much shows what you just described somewhere on youtube. It was a glorious moment. ;)

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Forgot to mention serana. Heart wrenching story from dawn guard.

SprSynJn

Not too far into the game, but I have respect for the Jarl of Whiterun. Seems like a good leader with the desire to take care of his people.

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
I agree with people saying the Emperor. I loved how that scene played out, and I was kind of disappointed that we never got to see the Emperor in Sovngarde or something (ok, ok, I know he's not a Nord, but he just seemed to brave and noble that I thought he deserved to be there :p )

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
The Emperor. The way he let me kill him DB? It was very thoughtful.

Clau

The Fateless One
Illia. At first I thought that she and her mother were just conniving. Turned out, she was sincere.

Then there's Mjoll. I loved on what she stood for. Even had a minor spat with Maven. Wow.

J

Jeremius

my personal respect fave and Balgruff, i mean, he is willing to risk war with another hold in order to proctect his own from the dragons.

I also like Ulfric to an extent. He seems like a man determined to keep HIS people (the nords of Skyrim) from a cowardly, in his mind, empire. i also believe that he believes he is doing the right thing with this CW.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Strangely...Suvaris Atheron.

250px-Suvaris_atheron.jpg

I was tasked with stealing her logbook by an East Empire Company representative. Before doing so, I read it. She had to have one of the hardest lives in Skyrim - that of a single Dunmer woman in Windhelm. She did nothing but what she had to do to rise through the ranks and scrape out a life for herself out of the ice and frigid sea, all under intense persecution, both from her Dunmer and Nord neighbors. As I read about her deals with pirates, her dealings in skooma, her rigid control of her dock workers, I realized that my character would not have done a thing differently, had their roles been reversed. She'd been scraping out a bare-bones living for herself in a harsh land for going on a month now. What really got me was how she described her daily meals, as though she was so proud of having earned them. So, when it came down to it, I couldn't betray a fellow Dunmer. I closed the logbook, told her good evening and left for my bedroll in New Gnisis Cornerclub.

Also, Shahvee, a Windhelm dock worker whom I've only noticed today.

200px-ShahveeWindHelm.jpg

A quote of hers says it all.

"Sometimes life puts you in difficult circumstances you didn't choose, but being happy or unhappy is a choice you make, and I've chosen to make the best of things that I can."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts