What character in Skyrim do you have genuine respect for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Nazeem.

Haha he calls it like he sees it. Not many people are going to criticize the dragonborn warrior clad in daedric armor with an arsenal of weapons and spells that could turn the city into a crater in the blink of an eye. But not Nazeem! Haha he'll criticize the guy's fashion sense? social standing? lack of geographic knowledge? of all things. I'm not even quite sure what he's criticizing, but he's darn good at it.

I killed Nazeem after about the millionth time he asked me about the cloud district. I'm the fluffing thane of Whiterun, I know Jarl Bulgruuf personally and consider him a good friend, and he asks me if I get to the cloud district often! :mad:

Well, I showed him! And I got away with it since I'm thane and all :Dovahkiin:

Akim

Cassius Curio, he doesn't care who you are, he will ask you to strip down for him. Plus he writes trashy erotica novels. Oops wrong game :p

Karliah has stood out to me the most. She got betrayed and basically ousted from TWO organizations for 25 years or something like that, biding her time, and using intelligence to draw Mercer's hand. Even knowing he is crazily more powerful than her, she still went for it. Then saved me, wasting her shot....

edge

Even though i am a die hard storm cloak, the person i respect the most is the emperor. When you come in to kill him he stayes strong and takes his death with honor and dignity. I really have a deep respect for him

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Jarl Balgruuf.

He represents me in so many ways: get the job done, ask questions later. I also loved how he was hesitant to choose a side in the Civil War, as he didn't want to get involved in that political nonsense.
I completely agree with this. If anyone could bring peace to Skyrim for both the empire and the stormcloaks it is this guy. I really wish there was a way to make Jarl Balgruuf High King and create peace by staying with the empire while denying to accept the terms of the white-gold accordant. That way everyone wins :D

Haru17

Lost Falmer
All of the smiths are decent people really. Ysolda and Anoriath both seem like good working people. Obviously Paarthunax is a stand up guy, err, dragon. I like Illa as well, the woman who getd you to help kill her mother before she becomes a Hagraven. She seems like a strong person to me.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Adrienne Avenicci.

But to anyone who has any respect for Ulfric, read his Thalmor dossier and also the Bear of Markarth. You will find him as cowardly and without honor as much as I do.

/Agree

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
heheheheheeee :3 I personally don't like Ulfric Stormcloack, but I do think he is trying to do a little bit of good because anyone who hates the Thalmor are great, I just don't agree with his racism and stereotypical nord nonsense, but, I am now going to have to go sleep in his bed since I knew that. XDDDDDDDDD LOVE IT!

I also don't agree with the Nord stuff, but agree with the thalmor thing. I hate those guys. Everytime I see the thalmor out and about with their prisoners, I always free them. Which is why I always carry some spare armor on me ;)
I think he lets me sleep in his bed because i'm Thane. Before I became thane the bed was 'owned', but when he made me thane, i could take stuff from his room and sleep in his bed. I pulled ;)

Adrienne Avenicci.

But to anyone who has any respect for Ulfric, read his Thalmor dossier and also the Bear of Markarth. You will find him as cowardly and without honor as much as I do.

I've read his Thalmor Dossier, but still think he's misunderstood. In some ways he is cowardly, but I think theres a lot more to him than just that.

ShadowGambit

the propaganda that is the bear of markarth has, without a doubt, been a success.

You used the right word : PROPAGANDA

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I also want to say Mirabelle Ervine. I think she's the most criminally underrated character in the game.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
I've said it before but there's no one I respect more than Emperor Titus Mede II.

::spoiler alert::

He knew he was going to die, heck if he didn't figure the brotherhood was out to get him after killing his cousin at her wedding, he would be a fool. But he dies with no regrets and faces death with bravery. Sure he signed the concordat, but it was to save his people. And ulfric should have seen that a ban on talos doesn't stop you from being a nord, nor does it oppress you. He fought his own people and crippled his own country, killed his high king for the "greater good"

I have no respect for the man who kills his brothers.

Tosh Raka

ulfric is the only one with the nadz to tell cyrodiil to enjoy a good limos sucking.

From what I'm told he "fought torygg in the old way" by... Uhhhhh.... Shouting??? How is that fair? And he's proud he had haxxorrrr skills in the fight? I mean that's a little BS don't u think? And why torygg? I get he wants to be high king but killing a family man and usurping his throne through an unfair advantage... The Dragonborn might as well shout down elisif, Tullius, and ulfric... Cus it's a "battle in the old way"

osheao

From what I'm told he "fought torygg in the old way" by... Uhhhhh.... Shouting??? How is that fair? And he's proud he had haxxorrrr skills in the fight? I mean that's a little BS don't u think? And why torygg? I get he wants to be high king but killing a family man and usurping his throne through an unfair advantage... The Dragonborn might as well shout down elisif, Tullius, and ulfric... Cus it's a "battle in the old way"

yes. the household at solitude should say amen. fair? lol. that weak and old argument? your lucky i don't shout solitude to the surf.

osheao

lets end this crap debate: if i challenge you we either understand common acceptances or we don't.

i played college hoops and i'm white, so, i'll start from there: many boys learned that i could dunk on them. pure fact. no misinfo on my part. word got around. punks who knew nothing about my ability thought my whiteness was enough for them to attempt to ridicule me. punks who were not white got their asses canned to em. straight fact.

were the dumb, BLACK punks racist?
obviously, no.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
windhelm is not a 'racist' city. far frickin from it.

Windhelm is probably the most racist city in all of Skyrim. They don't let Argonians in, in every other city they're allowed. The Dunmer have to live in the grey quarter, where as in every other city they're treated the same. For example, in Riften the Bee and Barb owners are Argonian. Jarl Bulgruuf's housecarl is Dunmer. Even in a small village like Riverwood there is tolerance for the Bosmer Faendel who lives there.
Sure, Windhelm isn't Nazi Germany but it is racist

Tosh Raka

Racism/prejudice in Basketball and unfair advantage in lore from a video game. Hmmm. Relevance... 0.

But you do make An interesting analogy so I'll use it to get back on topic.

I wholeheartedly respect his character prior to the civil war in that he sought vengeance for his father who was murdered by the thalmor.
He was also a decorated Imperial war hero.
I'm not ignorant on what he has done. But my own opinion is that his current beliefs are flawed and his actions with Torygg was inexcusable. It would be like you come onto the court with no basketball, knowing you have the skills to dunk on someone decided to call out someone you didn't like simply cuz he owned the basketball and of course he thinks he might still beat u cuz he has some skill and he's playing for ownership of the ball. But u beat his ass. Take his ball. And now he's in sovngard getting eaten by a dragon.

I don't think I made sense With that. :D