What are you playing? Build thread.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

thecelticlatino

Brunhilde (Lvl 18 Female Nord)-
01. Two Handed
02. Light Armor
03. Speech
-My first character, she's pretty much a straightforward melee type. No enchanting/smithing, a little bit of speech since she does use persuasion a lot but other than that she's an agile dervish of destruction. Relatively bland character, without shouts she'd be useless but since this was my first character I decided to keep her simple.

Talon (Lvl 20 Male Argonian)-
01. Destruction
02. Sneak
03. Light Armor
04. One Handed
-Basically a glass cannon. He focuses on stealth-based gameplay, carrying only a dagger for melee but casts magic for the rest. Specializes in fire/shock magic, prefers to utilize rune traps but isn't afraid to torch (or fry) his enemies to ashy little bits. More fun than my Nord character but he's pretty physically weak, making him downright frustrating to handle caves and high enemy areas at times.

Emile (Lvl 20 Male Breton)-
01. Conjuration
02. Restoration
03. Alteration
-Relies on bound swords and defensive spellcasting. He handles damage fairly well despite wearing only mage robes because of Stoneflesh/Oakflesh, highly resistant to magic (natural resistance + perks + wards), and his bound weapons do plenty of damage. A nightmare for mage enemies especially. Completed the College of Winterhold questline with ease.

Gehazi (Lvl 20 Male Redguard)-
01. Sneak
02. Archery
03. One Handed
04. Light Armor
-Dual wields swords up close but prefers to snipe enemies from afar. A lot of fun to play as. Can handle himself well in most straight-up melee fights (which is often) and a natural assassin. He's well rounded in both Stealth and Combat so he's versatile.

Tiberius (Lvl 19 Male Imperial)-
01. One Handed
02. Block
03. Heavy Armor
04. Restoration
05. Smithing
-An axe & shield knight type character, pretty straightforward. Excellent against melee enemies but weak against mages (his wards are not very strong but his healing is good). Since I began leveling and using Smithing his armor and weapons are so much better. Takes damage very well too.

Forumate

Nord warrior

1. One hand
2. Block
3. Heavy armor
4. Smithing
5. Enchanting

A classic warrior build with a war axe and a shield. Full set of Ebnoy armor enchanted with Stamina regen, health regen, damage bonus for one handed weapons and a magic resist for the shield.

Xrom

Playing on master difficulty... Its really a pain, but i like chalange. My build:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#11767 50 points

Heavy Armor 8
One handed 8
Encahnting 8
Block 6
Alchemy 6
Archery 4
Restoration 4
Smeak 3
Smithing 2
Its some kind of 1h+shield warrior. He initiate fight with 3x damage sneaky shot. and weaken enemies with a bow before fight starts. (and have ranger park to shot and run in hard situations. Bow damage not the best but it help)
Enchanting - for great buffs (inc +% one handed damage)
2 points in smith just to be able to improve enchanted weapons (with alchemy and Ench it will aloww me to reach 600 points armor cap)
Alchemy for poisons (Really great thing) and potions which are vital on Master
4 points in resto just for 2 hands low lvl heal (Its really helps) and stamina recovery.

mana\hp\stam - 0/60/40

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Made a new character recently and am having a blast.

I went with an Orc for the special ability alone
You take half damage and do double damage for 60 seconds, once per day
So you know how you hate that dungeon boss in the last room of the dungeon? Yeah, just use Berserker Rage on his ass.

I still prefer to get through as much of the dungeon as I can using sneak and archery, it's more fun to me than the melee combat, but I am sneaking in heavy armor. Obviously not as efficient as light armor, but I like changing it up and I have no qualms about using wrecking plops with my greatsword once I'm detected.

So in short:
Race: Orc
Concentrated Skills: Sneak, Archery, Two Handed, Heavy Armor

I try to get through as much of the dungeon as possible sneaking and sniping, but am not as sneaky as you guys in light armor so I get detected more often. Like I said though, I have no qualms about using my greatsword; haha I'm an Orc afterall, and while the heavy armor isn't beneficial to sneaking, it's still good defense for when I'm detected.

I've been ignoring magic and doing a 3-in-stamina, 1-in-health each 4 levels. I don't use too much stamina with the bow (I typically only zoom for like one second, just to make sure my aim is true right before I fire the arrow), but power attacks with the great sword are my bread and butter and how I survive when I'm detected.

trottchacha

I usually Like the whole assassin wood elf archer but this next go round I want to get a feel for pure mage. I'm going to be using an Argonian just because of the whole cold blooded aspect. And because it makes more sense to me that an Argonian would be dragonborn.

J747L

Imperial Warrior (Level 70)
One handed
Block
Sneak
Archery
Restoration

The only skills I deemed worthy of mention. The enchant and smith is... quite obvious for a warrior class. I have lvl 100 skills in magic(alteration, illusion etc.) that doesn't need mention since I didn't put any perk in them. I used the Ebony Flesh though.

Now it needs to be mentioned that I finished the game on master with the 1.2 patch. The 1.2 patch broke the elemental resistances in my game. It is a blessing in disguise :) . It's the most exciting play I've had in Skyrim... and I'm happy that I ended Skyrim with that difficulty. I can't imagine how uneventful finishing the main quest could have been with 98%(or 104%) elemental resists.

Fighting the end-game dragons with 0% elemental resist was unthinkable under master difficulty but the 1.2 patched forced me. I never had to reload a saved game but it was fun and challenging seeing my health go down quickly against fire/frost breath.

Even when Bethesda patches the elemental resist bugs, I'm thinking of totally removing my elemental resist enchantments from then on forward. It's quite fun.

Neirun

Hey first post here. started off just making a sneaky mage. evolved into i dont know what to even call it. Illusionist assassin badass?

right now im a dunmer named neirun sittin at lvl 55 with

illusion
destruction
sneak
and smithing (smithing is the plopstttttt)

All maxed out at 100. :)

also skilled in andd often use

alchemy 81
enchanting 89
one handed 68
archery 71
conjuration 60 (just recently picked up conjuration when i figured out lvl cap isnt 50 lol)

My character leans mostly towards magic but plays like an assassin. 200 health like 550 magicka i believe. invisibilty is my best friend. necromancy, frenzy, and conjurations are funnn. especially when remaining invisible the whole battle and watching AIs fight. I can destroy most anything with destruction. gets kinda old though. then again i can always go assassin and cut everyones throats/hit them with poison arrows too. also gets kinda old. can get in close melee and rush if i have healing ready, usually go with Daedric war axe improved to legendary w/ shock dmg r hand and close wounds L hand. only because my smithing, enchanting, and one handed is so good. not a melee character typically.

my character is kind of spread out. specialized but can pull about anything off. i was veryyyy glad to see i still get perks and magicka after lvl 50. im at lvl 55 just getting into new skills and perk trees while getting the extras i didnt think id be able to get off my major ones. Like master of the mind in illusion. :)

i very seriously recomend ANYONE who uses weapons to smith. tis amazing. even for assassins. adding 3, 5, 7, or 12 dmg goes a long way plugged into a x6 or x15 multiplier. (or x12 x30 in the dark brother hood) even though i rarely use armor i do not regret all the smithing perks i bought. went up the right heavy side up to daedric and stopped before dragon armor.

oneee thing i wish i woulda done different is getting into conjuration earlier. very fun in this game from what ive seen so far. And same for alteration. although i really just wanna paralyze.... i always enjoyed alteration in oblivion. its just the little things that you can do that makes it a worthwhile school.

Jahumaca

Two current characters:

Gromgor: Orc warrior
1. One-Handed
2. Block
3. Heavy Armor
4. Smithing
5. Enchanting

Wanted to start out with just your typical "tank" class. He's lvl 21 right now and I'm trying to not power level smithing so that he's not overpowered.

Xolan: Bosmer assassin
1. Archery
2. Sneak
3. One-hand
4. Light Armor
5. Enchanting

Typical assassin build, I started out prioritizing One-h with daggers over archery, but I soon found out that I like archery a lot more and it went well with being a bosmer role-play wise.

Wood Elf - Hunter/Thief/Chef -lvl 24
1. Archery
2. Sneak
3. Light Armor
4. Lockpick
5. Restoration
(honorable skill mentions: One-handed, Pickpocket)

Nord -lvl 7
1. Two Handed
2. Heavy Armor
3. Smithing
4. Speechcraft
5. Archery
(Built specifically to roleplay the Stormcloak and Companion/Werewolf stories)

Soon to come (assuming I dont get tired of this :)

Breton - Full Mage (possibly evil)
1. Destruction
2. Conjuration
3. Alchemy
4. Alteration
5. Restoration

Khajiit - Assasin (most definitely evil)
1. Sneak
2. One Handed
3. Light Armor
4. Alchemy
5. Archery

Laedarr

My build is based around a Paladin type player.

Male Nord (Laedarr)

Heavy Armor
1HS/Mace
Shield

Points in
Restoration
1h
Block
Smithing

Working on enchantment as well to add some holyness to my weapons :D

modi

My first character was a Nord that did a little bit of everything, but recently I made an Orc by the name of Kragorr that is totally badass. His build goes something like this: Overall level (10) 1. 2 Hand (39) (swinging around an orcish warhammer, wrecking everybody in sight), 2. Smithing (47) (I like the idea of making my own armour) 3. Heavy Armour (30) (gotta make up for not being able to use a shield somehow) 4. Archery (20) (only plan on using it for dragons) I dont really have a defined 5, but I am working on building up my Restoration & Enchanting. I could not stress exactly how much more fun I am having with my Orc than I ever had with my Nord. ORCS FOR LIFE!

GrudHeap

My stuff is definitely not optimal, but this is what I'm planning right now.

Female Orc - Paladin
1. Heavy Armor
2. Block
3. Restoration
4. One-hand (Mace)
5. Smithing

Male Argonian - Witch Hunter
1. Archery
2. Sneak
3. Conjuration (?)
4. One-hand (Dagger)
5. Alchemy

[Undecided] Redguard - Shaman
1. One-hand (Axe)
2. Destruction
3. Light Armor
4. Alteration (?)
5. Enchanting

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
Palaimon - Breton Male (dual wield)
1) Light Armor
2) One Handed
3) Smithing
4) Enchanting
5) Destruction (my ranged attacks)

This was my first playthrough and i made a few mistakes with my perk choices for the first 15 levels as i was initially intending to go for a heavy armor and sword/fire build but eventually went light armor (carry more loot ;)) and a dual wield with my enchanted legendary Daedric sword and Mace of Molag Bal for soul capturing as it is a lot easier to just throw perks into one attacking tree rather than mixing between one handed and destruction.

Im torn for my next playthrough, either make an evil character (Sauron) and follow a setup for him or go for my old Diablo favourite of Paladin.

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Nihilus ~ High Elf

Tank Mage? o_O

1)Destruction
2)Restoration
3)Heavy Armor
4)Enchanting
5)Smithing

My overpowered playthrough and i built him after taking damage and healing so literally a walking healing pot. Mix that with daedric armor that enchanted so i have don't waste mana casting healing or lightening bolts.

Nix ~ Wood Elf

Illusion Assassin

1)Sneak
2)One-handed
3)Archery
4)Illusion
5)Light Armor

An alright setup of mine, i built him to be completely and utterly invisible to everything and dealing instant kills to most enemies. I did level up Heavy armor up a bit so i could use a mix of nightingale armor and ebony mail.

Mark Antony ~ Imperial

Paladin/Knight? :l

1) One-Handed
2) Block
3) Restoration
4) Heavy Armor
5) Smithing

This is my last character and i made him to be more or less a Paladin style character, he's an OK build but pails in comparison to my other two

Misdor- level 26 orc warrior (sword&board)

1)One-handed
2)Block
3)Heavy armor
4)Smithing
5)Enchanting
6)Alchemy

Sheta - Level 6 Altmer Mage
1)Conjuration
2)Destruction
3)Restoration
4)Alteration
5)Enchanting
6)Illusion

jsmith100290

Orik - Level 5 Orc Ranger

1. Archery
2. Sneak
3. One handed
4. Light armor
5. Alchemy

I'm normally the tank, so I thought I'd try something a little more challenging. I did stick with my favorite race. A wood elf might have been better, but I have a thing against playing elves, just don't like them no matter the game. I also love berserker rage as a fall back power. It has saved my green hide in countless FUBAR situations.

iplotts

I haven't seen this class type yet on here...

Name: Golem / Warden (which ever you prefer)
Block
Dest / Staff (for range)
1H (melee situational)
LA
other magic

Playstyle: SHIELD UP! Your shield NEVER leaves the left hand. Right hand cycles through runes/staffs/bolts for range +> 1H weapon arsenal / magic for melee. Early on you will be block a lot. I mean like a ton in order to perk up. Once you get to mid 20s / early 30s this build really shines. (Plus in Glass LA with a shield and staff you look f-ing awesome!)

The key principle with this build is defense. A good shield is paramount and getting up both sides of the BLOCK perk tree should also be your priority. (shield run=epic win). Finding good staffs may be hard. I keep 3 heavy hitters for tough fights and emergencies.

Imagine this. (Shield always in left hand ) Right hand: FLESH UP > RUNE DOWN > BOOM > STAFF 15 foot radius > BOOM > RUNE > BOOM > SHIELD BASH > BOOM > then finish how you like (Axe w. soul absord / fire bolt / etc.)

Other skills are Enchant and Smith (obviously) and then some ALT and REST magic. (flesh line/ heals regen etc). Enchant everything for resist / regen / absorb.

Overall you are one tough nut to crack and with a nice mix of offense the class never gets boring. This is not a DPS class.

I also play a TANK/ ASSARCH / MAGE and the WARDEN is by far the most fun. Seriously, have you ever shield bashed a someone to death? Oh such fun!

rvk5150

Bullethead (Khajjit)

Lv 40
One Handed
Heavy Armor
Lockpick
Pickpocket/Sneak
Smithing
Destruction

I like mixing it up...standard is Ebony Shield with Nightingale Sword or when I really want extra firepower I have a spell in one hand instead of the shield.

J

Jeremius

right now i have a character going this route i like to say it is a Dark Paladin/Shadow Knight build.

though i plan on making a dunmer imperial Ranger (awkward i know) and an imperial "blood" mage in the future.

Forumate

Nord Warrior
1. One hand
2. Block
3. Light Armor
4. Smithing
5. Archery

Imperial Spellsword
1. Destruction
2. Restoration
3. One hand
4. Heavy Armor