What are we hoping for in the first DLC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dan kerlin

So what are we hoping for in the first DLC i want them to

Expand the map
Add more items like armor weapons and spellbooks
Be able to find out what happened to the dwemer
More quests
New kinds of weapons
More finishing move animations
New animals / Beasts

Well thats me what about you

Stone

Retired Moderator
When the DLC comes along, I'd be happy to see:

• Extra Quests
  • New Storyline
  • More weapons/armour.
  • More finishing move animations - like you said.
However, I don't want to see any DLC personally until all major bugs are gone.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I'm with Stone. Eliminate the bugs and system freezes and then onto the DLC. For me, I'd like longer quests, harder-to-kill boss fights and continuing some story threads I really liked. POSSIBLE SPOILERS! For example: more quests for the Dark Brotherhood now that they've relocated; more Nightingale and Thieves Guild missions; do the Imperials mount a counter-attack? (or the Stormcloaks, depending on which side you chose); more howling at the moon sessions with the Companions; and chasing after your PhD after becoming Arch Mage at the college. Okay, just kidding on that last one. ;)

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
Since im new to the elder scrolls series i havent really experienced the best and worst of the series but heres what i would like to see improved.

Glitches/Bugs removed.
More armor/weapon variations.
Longer/variation in cival war quests ( Counter attacks included ) to me it feels just to short/repeditive
Expanded map
More indepth feel/Play to the guilds of skyrim.( Right now to me it feels like your just going through the motions ) to become the leader of any guild.
Quests relating to how/when the dewmer disapeared.

just my opinion on what they should do to help improve this game.

Nameless1

I would lovve to see the underlying personality of skyrim improve, such as more in depth relationship building (plutonic and otherwise) people having radiant lives, like actually being affected or moved by the events of tha game. When yu walk into a city for tha first time it seems alive and it has personality, but as you settle in it is just a bunch of people walking around not doing plops, or everytime you talk to someone they say the same exact thing. (I dont want to talk about the solitude execution for six years, or hear about how much I helped you with that one favor for tha rest of our lives) I would like more songs in tha inns and such. more general "alive-ness" yah digg?

as for content. Definitely more weapon variation (of course)
regional/climate based/unique armor. this is a big peeve of mine. alot of tha armor or clothes seem to be a bit scant when you walk into a sub-zero ice cave. **less skirts** like, for real. how can I feel like a boss when tha wind is blowing snow up my shiny metal skirt?

as I said already, personality personality personality.

and so much more, I mean we all know how long we could go on about what we want in this game right?

and on a side note, I DO NOT want a Dwemer expansion. I think that story is deserving of its own 300 hour title. yah digg?

I want to go back to oblivion and wreck plops.

I want to build an estate, and colonize.

I want some damn respect for saving tha world. Yeah, you know what I'm sayin.

I want some dope mounts.

I want more emotion/emotional quests.

I want to go to war with tha Thalmor.

I want more grit.

I want to befriend a giant.

I want to put use to my time at tha bards college and sing tha songs tha whole province sings.

More enemies.

non-linear dungeons. I mean like "I've been in here six hours, passed this damn rock 347 times, and I know I'm only like 30% into this cave."

I'm getting carried away...sorry.

PelagiusIV

Mainly I want a continuation of the quest lines that are already there. SPOILERS!

Dark Brotherhood: Like stated before, with the new sanctuary it would be fun to carry out a new storyline involved taking place there. Also, after the assassination of the Emperor, maybe have a quest line about a group making it their goal to conquer the DBH for vegence.

Civil War: A continuation with the winning side going toe to toe with the Thalmor. Also, like stated above again, a counter-attack would be interesting.

Main Quest/Blades: After you finish the MQ, I feel the Blades should play a bigger role in the game. Yes I know you can recruit people into it and go Dragon hunting, but actual quest would be nice.

There's alot more I want in, but those are the major ones I want to see.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
This is completely optimistic but:

I would love an expansion of the Forsworn as a joinable faction and have them included as a rogue element into the Civil War causing chaos to both Imperials and Stormcloaks.

Forsworn questline would still begin with the Forsworn Conspiracy.
You would have to choose to free Madanach.
Madanach then gives you the option to join the Forsworn formally the next time you visit Druadach Redoubt.

Quests from there would be to eliminate Stormcloak and Imperial camps within the Reach.
Hijack and disrupt Stormcloak/Imperial supply caravans.
Convince farm/mill/mine owners to leave the Reach through coercion or violence.
Eliminate the Orc Stronghold - Dushnikh Yal
Re-taking of Markarth
Assassinate all members of the Silverblood Family - Have them scattered throughout Skyrim

After the above quests are completed, you're tasked with defending Markarth and the larger Redoubts from Imperial/Stormcloak attacks.

Farms/Mills/Mines will be taken over by Forsworn (Breton) owners.

Elgrif

Skooma Alchemist
We most definitely need more creatures here's a list of some: Basilisk, Beholders, Goblins, Minotaurs, Griffons, Ogres, Chimera, Hydra, Balrog, Cyclops, Cerberus, Harpies and we are in desperate need of Sea Monsters- Kraken, Leviathan?

Hell even add fairies and mermaids lol.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I'm hoping for a Valenwood map and Black Marsh as well, taking the giant worm stomach ride to Argonia seems logical.

Elsweyr would be dope too. We all know they are working on something great. I have high hopes.

Th3 Indi3 Gam3r

I agree with much of what you've said and the civil war does need to be longer than it is.One thing is that you should be able to make you're own settlements and estates.It'd be nice to also visit cyrodill and see the election of a new emperor(Dark brotherhood).I also agree that the games bugs need fixed but that happens with every patch.Lets hope that some of the things mentioned by all of us get taken into consideration by the devs.

RedVideo

His Excellency
A lot of what I see mentioned would more properly be a whole new game rather than DLC for this game. If the other provinces in Tamriel are as big as Skyrim I would hate to see them relegated to just a DLC. Other things, like village building seem more like the things I have seen modders do.

How about taking the really old versions of the game, Arena, Daggerfall and Battlespire, and re-building them on this new gaming engine? No need for re-scripting very much just designing the elements and adding them to Skyrim.

Expanding the faction quests seems like a natural. All the factions. Plus something a little deeper than chasing skeevers out of people's homes or tracking down overdue library books. I love the idea of creating a Foresworn faction. Perhaps even create a Thalmor faction, they recruit local spies. The Bards college could be changed into something worthwhile, this would only work if they could add more music into the game, and give music a few magic-like area effects. A whole series of quests could be built around a Khajiit faction, too...either helping the caravans or investigating their gypsy-like crimes.

More things. Weapons, armor, just design variations. More ownable homes in more places. This is the stuff modders do, but I'm on a PS3.

Along with Nameless1 I would like to see better development of the NPCs. Since this would require more dialog and writing it would probably be better as a DLC than as a mod. They should evolve more as the passage of time and events dictate. The guards currently do some of this..."so your the killer of the Glen Morril Witches"..."Kodlak is in a better place now" At least the guards are reading the newspapers.

A little more situational awareness for NPCs, too. They notice if I'm walking around naked, or if I look sick, but they should notice if I'm walking around in rare or unusual clothing and armor. Again, sometimes the guards notice, but not the general population. If I haven't come back to a town for a whole month you would think someone would say "Where have you been?"

Seduction. OK, in what I line of fantasy fiction do heroes need to get married before they get a little "Lover's Comfort"? C'mon. Like that =SPOILER= spy from Cyrodiil in Marketh. You know darn well that, if you saved her, she would be hauling you up to her hotel room after a little questioning=END SPOILER=. Or that slutty barmaid in Falkreath. No need for finishing move cut-scenes here, they can just fade out when you reach the bed. Its about character development. Perhaps an amulet of Dibella would work when your on the make in the same way an Amulet of Mara works for marriage.

RedVideo

His Excellency
Oh wait...I forgot one!

How about allowing us to hire Smiths, Enchanters or Alchemists to make things for us. If your spending your time developing a great warrior mere craftsmanship might be beneath you, but you should be able to gather up the coin to pay someone to make custom items for you. They could be very, very expensive and you might have to provide the materials, but you should still be able to get some custom work done.

You can hire mercenaries to fight for you, right? There's a guy at the college that says he enchants things for the locals. There are alchemists all over the place.

Kuurus

Create content that is a challenge for 50+ characters that are well built. Everything else is fluff in comparison.

There is zero point in advancing to max level when the strongest enemies in the game can't damage you and fall to a couple swings of your weapon by the time you are a little over halfway there.

Golgo_SPB

fix system freezes is the main one.

longer quests, more unique weapons, etc...

personal ones I want: being able to store a horse at a stable (I get tired of shadowmere following me around), make unarmed under one-handed or get its own perk tree (also with alteration flesh spells I think it should increase unarmed damage, like c'mon I got flesh made of ebony I should be punching thru castles), and the ability to rebuild helgen and become jarl of it, it would be cool to invite certain NPCs to live in your town.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Everybody wants more stuff. I have no problem with that and there are a lot of good ideas mentioned in this thread and in others. But gee whiz! Gimme something to spend all this gold on! I had the same problem in Oblivion. After a certain point you get obscenely rich and there's nothing worth spending it on. Sure I can keep buying alchemy ingredients and expendable items such as arrows but that's a drop in the bucket. I like being Scrooge McDuck but there are times when I feel like blowing a major chunk of change and the only way to do that is to buy a house, of which there are only so many.

Even if they add the ability to create your own settlement, I don't want to colonize Skyrim. I'd like some non-tangible stuff that soaks up my gold. I still say a good money sink would be the ability to resurrect dead followers. PC users have access to this through the console. I betcha virtually everyone has lost at least one that they wish they hadn't. I would love to get a few back. This is right up Mara's alley. Conjurers can raise the dead, why not give Restoration a Resurrect spell or the ability to go to a shrine and drop a wad of gold to get it done for you?

atomicadam13

More Respect from Jarl's , Guard's and my Wife. Smarter speech from NPc's........Death to Thalmor Quest would be brilliant or how about a horse that stay's where i get off....hmm or even less glitches, more bikini's and tastier food and drink ? I would love to add more storage space, more armour rack's (that work) and there must be a divorce court coming soon ?

RedVideo

His Excellency
....But gee whiz! Gimme something to spend all this gold on! ....After a certain point you get obscenely rich and there's nothing worth spending it on. ... I'd like some non-tangible stuff that soaks up my gold.

This goes back to what I said about paying for expert services from Alchemists, Enchanters, Smiths and, I guess, Necromancers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts