What are the other dragon kinds?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
But what about us weak minded fools who don't mess with that spell throwing nonsense ;P

Well what do you do for wisps? If I'm on a warrior I usually keep an enchanted weapon with me in case I run into enemies that can only be hurt with magic.

Vocc

Vocc
Perhaps bigger and bulkier. Hits you really hard and relies on physical attack rather than fire breathing and such. Maybe whip its tail on the ground to make earth shake, making it difficult to stand.
I agree, you're going with the 'dragons breath fire (or the like)' approach. This is Skyrim! These dragons will take many different forms I'm sure. From magic, to mellee to whatever else the devs have dreamed up. It'll be interesting to see though.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Are there even really different types of dragon? My impression was that some just preferred to use different shouts which is why we have fire and ice dragons.

I wonder whether the shouts are more likely to.. erhm... improve a dragon once you get to know them throughly. Not that there are many different dragons, but many different ways to improve them.

Flamingtaco

I wonder whether the shouts are more likely to.. erhm... improve a dragon once you get to know them throughly. Not that there are many different dragons, but many different ways to improve them.
What exactly do you mean by improve? Sorry I'm not really following.

Flamingtaco

If I'm not mistaken, you can still hit wisps with silver and daedric items. I don't remember though.
You can hit ghosts with silver and enchanted items, probably daedric too. I don't know if that's true for wisps too though, but they are similar.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
What exactly do you mean by improve? Sorry I'm not really following.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant that there's only a few types of dragons and huge amount of shouts, which make them do different things. Such as using destroy magik, turning into an acid spitting dragon, stuff like that.

I really don't know will it be like that, I am just speculating here.

Flamingtaco

Well presumably they will make use of all the shouts you can use. Hopefully they don't spam the slow down time shout, it could get really frustrating.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
You can hit ghosts with silver and enchanted items, probably daedric too. I don't know if that's true for wisps too though, but they are similar.

I forgot about the silver. Maybe there could be a dragon kind that would only be kill-able using a weapon made of dragons bone. Maybe some sort of king dragon? Can't kill it until you've killed enough dragons to make a full set of armour/weapons perhaps? Armour as well because the dragon would be able to own you if you didn't have dragon bone armour.. and perhaps for mages, some kind of mage armor made of the dragons hide.. and the mages could use dragon shouts to kill it? As for archers, they could use some sorta dragon scale armour along with dragon bone arrows. :3

Flamingtaco

I forgot about the silver. Maybe there could be a dragon kind that would only be kill-able using a weapon made of dragons bone. Maybe some sort of king dragon? Can't kill it until you've killed enough dragons to make a full set of armour/weapons perhaps? Armour as well because the dragon would be able to own you if you didn't have dragon bone armour.. and perhaps for mages, some kind of mage armor made of the dragons hide.. and the mages could use dragon shouts to kill it? As for archers, they could use some sorta dragon scale armour along with dragon bone arrows. :3
What kind of like the gate guardian in Shivering Isles? In that quest you had to either be a beastly archer or complete a quest to use old guardian bones as arrows.

bradavis

perhaps an undead dragon that resembles death. It's could be a rack of bones with flesh coming off of it and it would breath darkness or plague

Flamingtaco

perhaps an undead dragon that resembles death. It's could be a rack of bones with flesh coming off of it and it would breath darkness or plague
Hey, this is Skyrim not Dark Souls! Seriously though nice idea, I would love to be scared by such a beast.