What are some Movies, Games, or TV shows thatmade you feel depressed.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Godzillaman 08

Not necessarily sad, that it made you cry, but anything that made you feel depressed and put in a down mood. My would have to be the ending to Gurren Lagann, and anyone who has seen it will know what I am talking about. It wasn't sad, in fact, I thought it was perfect, but it made me feel depressed for at least a couple of days. Every time I would think about it, I just get this sick feeling inside me, it was very emotional, and that's what a good ending is suppose to be.

What are some of yours?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Bridge to Terebithia was a depressing movie. At least the ending anyway.

Les Miserables, the musical that recently came out in theaters, makes me sad too. Depression through certain scenes in the movie.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
The Road, Cormac McCarthy

Video Games -- Fallout 3, Bethesda Softworks

Totally agreeing with you on The Road. That book was assigned to me to read in my English language and composition class this year, and I loved it. It was probably my favorite book to read all year. But yes, I agree, it is rather depressing, although enthralling.

And Fallout 3 isn't really depressing so much as it's mysterious and tends to creep me out sometimes. Now if this was a thread about creepy games, I would mention the Bioshock games. They are kinda depressing, but super creepy. :D

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Pitch black, the first movie in the Riddick series.
The end kinda struck a chord with me, I know how the man feels there and having that one person who is your last shred of humanity taken from you, it's a very dark feeling, though he handled it much better than I did. Needless to say, that while I always cry right along with Riddick, it's one of my favorite movies.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Dishonored's ending. Made me realize the monster I am

ShadowHunter

Walking Dead Season 3 Episodes 4, 15 and 16

Telltale's The Walking Dead video game

Avatar, I don't know why but it did

Bendrix

Movies and games don't make people depressed. Depression is severe and prolonged. If you're getting severely sad for two weeks or more over a frickin' movie, you need to see a doctor because youre mentally ill.

Godzillaman 08

Movies and games don't make people depressed. Depression is severe and prolonged. If you're getting severely sad for two weeks or more over a frickin' movie, you need to see a doctor because youre mentally ill.
What I men't to say, was any form of media that's puts you in a down mood. I just used the word depression to get the idea across.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Music -- Kindertotenlieder, Gustav Mahler

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqb1PNhOcw8Q4f7A8dW7Unm4nZVSf0nqj

Literature -- The Wasteland, T. S. Eliot and The Road, Cormac McCarthy

http://www.bartleby.com/201/1.html

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_guide/literature/the-road/book-summary.html

Video Games -- Fallout 3, Bethesda Softworks

Ditto on The Road and Fallout 3.. The Road in particular. Haven't read the book, but the movie was damn hard to watch because it was so brutally bleak and dealt with painful themes. Post-apocalyptic fiction in general creates a certain kind of gloomy, depressed aesthetic that I actually find perversely pleasing . It's hard to explain, really. I'm not prone to depression or moodiness, but there's something delightfully dark about fiction that explores a world ruined by man himself and the pointless struggle for survival of its last inhabitants.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm a big fan of the Japanese film director Akira Kurosawa. The cinematography in his movies is unmatched, and he really makes you dwell on every scene. However, almost every movie he's ever made has a very depressing ending. If you don't know who Kurosawa is, he's the one that made the Seven Samurai, which was later remade in the states to the Magnificent Seven.

Bendrix

What I men't to say, was any form of media that's puts you in a down mood. I just used the word depression to get the idea across.

Misuse of the term is why depression is so stigmatized because people assume those who are diagnosed with depression should be able to just snap out of it. Fact is depression is a mental illness. It's a medical condition not a mood.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Stuff like panorama, dispatches and crimewatch get me some of the programes are real eye openers. They make me more angry than anything else.

ShadowHunter

Misuse of the term is why depression is so stigmatized because people assume those who are diagnosed with depression should be able to just snap out of it. Fact is depression is a mental illness. It's a medical condition not a mood.
This thread is not about a mental illness, it is about movies and such that bum people out. I am pretty sure everyone knows that he does not mean actual depression. You are just taking his choice of words too seriously, so chill out a little bit

feliciano182

The Wire was one.

Though it's a more............unique kind of depression, more of the enlightening, fulfilling kind of depression.

Bendrix

This thread is not about a mental illness, it is about movies and such that bum people out. I am pretty sure everyone knows that he does not mean actual depression. You are just taking his choice of words too seriously, so chill out a little bit

I'm not the one who thinks pointing out that depression is a medical condition is bad manners. You guys need to relax and not get so offended when someone makes a simple factual statement. I didn't use offensive language or direct my comment at anyone in particular. I'm not the one who needs to chill. :D

ShadowHunter

I'm not the one who thinks pointing out that depression is a medical condition is bad manners. You guys need to relax and not get so offended when someone makes a simple factual statement. I didn't use offensive language or direct my comment at anyone in particular. I'm not the one who needs to chill. :D
You were the one that started taking the use of the word out of context. You are talking about something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The way you said it makes it seem like you were directing it at the original poster

Mookie

The Green Mile always made me sad and brought tears no matter how many times I watch it :sadface: