What am I supposed to do with all these Dragon Bones & Dragon Scales?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well, I've now killed 24 dragons. About 15 ago I started saving all the bones and scales just knowing that there must be something I do with them other than make money. They weigh a ton and I always end fast traveling home to store them, but, I'm hoping their worth it.

Thoughts?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Well for smithing they are useful. I will agree their weight to cost ratio is rather poor, but if you smith then they are very valuable.

Daelon DuLac

Well for smithing they are useful. I will agree their weight to cost ratio is rather poor, but if you smith then they are very valuable.
I'm assuming that once I perk up to the Dragon Armor level, they'll be useful? I hope so.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
yeah they make all the armor, and if you have Dawnguard I think you can even make weapons from them. Honestly I usually keep them as a trophy.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I mean IDK it depends on how far your questing is. Buy all up to you but yeah Dragon bones and Scales are for smithing as far as I could tell

Nighthiker77

They are worth saving if you are smithing. You need lots of bones for dragonplate armor and some bones with lots of scales for the light dragonscale armor. I think the weapons and arrows are made from just bones. I don't think you can buy them at all so if you come up short crafting you'll have to wait until you find some more dragons to kill.

Daelon DuLac

They are worth saving if you are smithing. You need lots of bones for dragonplate armor and some bones with lots of scales for the light dragonscale armor. I think the weapons and arrows are made from just bones. I don't think you can buy them at all so if you come up short crafting you'll have to wait until you find some more dragons to kill.
Thanks! I don't seem to have any lack of dragons. Apparently in my version (i'm on no DLC Skyrim at the moment), there are more dragons than I can shake a stick at. Every time I turn around, no matter where I'm at they are too! Daytime only fortunately. Maybe they're like pigeons and roost at night.

Vex

Master Nightblade
As was stated before, they're great for Dragonscale smithing once the prerequisite perks have been selected. Alternatively, once you obtain the DLC content you can use them to create Dragonbone armor/weaponry. The Dragonbone weaponry are the strongest in the game, surpassing Daedric respectively.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I never drop any of them. I keep them and start creating my own Light Armor, daggers, swords and enchant them. Not one uses dragon armors but the Dragonborn. :cool:

Nighthiker77

How were you leveling smithing with a perk that requires 100 skill? Did you reset to legendary and could still craft it?

Clau

The Fateless One
How were you leveling smithing with a perk that requires 100 skill? Did you reset to legendary and could still craft it?

I exploited a bug in the PS3. Strangely, I can only craft dragonbone weapons but not dragon armor. I hope it stays.

Categories like dwarven, orcish, ebony, daedric and dragon still appears from the forge HUD despite me not being able to craft them (nor perks were invested) except for dragonbone weapons that comes with dawnguard.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
... you could use them to make TORTUGAS; matter of fact there are none in Skyrim so you can open your own business and sale them as pet .... lol ...

images-2.jpeg

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
I usually store them in hidden chests until I get up to 100 smith so I can keep some room in my homes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts