• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HEFFAY

Hello...

I have been thinking of becoming some kind of villain hated by the people of Skyrim but I do not know which I want to become...

In Morrowind I used to do the Hircine Quests and get his ring and transform into a werewolf, and then hunt down vampires....

In Oblivion I used to become Vampire and become a villain hated by the people of Cyrodil.

In Skyrim I have yet to become either, and am thinking of become either a Werewolf or a Vampire.

My initial feeling is to go the Vampire route, because I am playing as an Argonian and I think a lizard turning into a werewolf is just weird (The Reptilian to Mammal transformation). If I could turn into like a dinosaur or something that'd be a different story.

Also I am more of a stealth and illusion oriented player. So i feel as though a Vampire would be a good fit.

At the same time, my offensive skills really are not very good. So I think the werewolf's brute power might be very helpful at times.

I do not have Dawnguard so that does not factor into my decision.

I am curious What, if either have any of you picked and why? Vampire or Werewolf?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
My initial feeling is to go the Vampire route, because I am playing as an Argonian and I think a lizard turning into a werewolf is just weird (The Reptilian to Mammal transformation). If I could turn into like a dinosaur or something that'd be a different story.

They have werecrocodiles in the lore, I wish Argonians turned into one of them. There's a laundry list of other were-creatures. Bears, wolves and boars being the most common. Werebears were supposed to be a big problem in Skyrim, lorewise.

Until (if) you get Dawnguard, I would recommend werewolf to you over vampire. Unless you're a mage-type that can take advantage of the necromage perk.

Once (if) you install Dawnguard, the Vampire Lord form makes the werewolf largely obsolete. But if you want to be -hated-, the normal vampire affliction will accomplish that once it reaches stage four. A factor that dawnguard does away with, I believe.

lonewolf

I would go with the Vampire they just so much more abilities and if your already doing the stealth and illiusion character you will just benefit from it more. the werewolf is okay in combat but on higher difficulties its pretty much like using a nerfgun imo havnt tried using since i got dawnguard so i have no idea how much the perks help out or not.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
Chuck Norris. Plus the BEARD Skill Tree. Epic win.

But really, vampires IMO are better. Its fun to have Black robes on and Force choke someone.

Omega Dragon

Just TESVanilla-wise, I prefer werewolves hands down. I just can't stand how Bethesda bastardized vampirism. But with mods running about, I prefer being a Werepyre!!! :D

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I, personally, always choose the night. To walk in the shadows and stalk the living. Yes, I prefer vampires over werewolves. Both are awesome and badass, but there has always been something about vampires that has just captivated me. Since I was a teen, I've been in love with the vampire myth.

Tara

Make a save right before making a choice, and then make seperate saves for each choice.

See which one you like best. :3 The actual experience of being a vampire or werewolf should help you decide more than anything else.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that if you are playing on PC you may want to look up a mod that allows you to not take damage while transforming into a werewolf. Naturally you'll most likely want to turn when a fight is starting to look bad, but if you transform mid-battle you can easily get your butt handed to you due to how long it takes to transform. You're basically a sitting duck in the long process and if you don't have a mod, you can't even use a health potion while in werewolf from to recover from it.

BigBad

Person of Interest
My orc is a werewolf, and I absolutely love it. Especially if you get Hircine's Ring and unlimited transformations. Really fast sprint, free knockdown attack, crowd control howl, disease immunity, and it makes the Cidhna Mine quest really, really funny. "Oh, a shiv. That's cute. Really."

The last Elder Scrolls game I played a vampire was Morrowind, and I wasn't really impressed. But I can't speak for how they play in Skyrim, other than being really irritating to kill if you specialize in melee and don't have frost resistance.

KritikalPT

Both.

...On the end of my sword.​

Joking aside, because my main is an assassin, I always prefer being a vampire. However, I only choose to become one after I get a decent mod for it, because they way vampirism is handled in vanilla is just laughable.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
The whole change at will thing just makes it seem like the twilight werewolves and no where near as fearsome as they should be.

Yup, I agree, but it is what it is. At least werewolf fans can still go beast mode and raise hell. I can't wait to get Dawnguard, however. I'm dying play as a Vampire Lord. Reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Werewolf because people will run away from you. If a vamp, thy will try to kill u, in the movies anyway. But do whatever feels right for u.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts