Werewolfs feel under powered compared to vampire

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
vampirism is a choice when harkon offers it to you
That's to become a Vampire Lord, not a normal vampire.
Lycanthropy is not a choice you are forced into becoming one to progress the companions storyline where there is no way to refuse.
You aren't forced into doing it. By your pseudo logic you're forced to become a vampire by Lord Harkon if you want to become a member of the Volkihar vampire clan. It's like saying you were forced into smoking pot because you wanted to look cool to a group of your peers, or you were forced to lynch a black man to be accepted by the KKK. Good luck trying to argue either in a court of law. You join or don't join the Circle of your own free will.
at least in Dawguard you are Actually given a choice to join the Volkihar or the Dawnguard and you can finish the questline, the Companions questline has no Choice you either join the circle or you have an incomplete quest stuck in your journel forever

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
the Companions questline has no Choice you either join the circle or you have an incomplete quest stuck in your journel forever
Here's a little clue, when you use the word "either" it's implicit that there's a choice. You aren't forced to join the Circle regardless of what you would like to believe. It's a choice.

tx12001

the Companions questline has no Choice you either join the circle or you have an incomplete quest stuck in your journel forever
Here's a little clue, when you use the word "either" it's implicit that there's a choice. You aren't forced to join the Circle regardless of what you would like to believe. It's a choice.
in the game world yes it is a choice but I am talking about the person playing the game, they are not given a choice you can not do anything else in the companions questline until you complete the silverhand quest not even sidequests, from what I Have seen forces you to become a werewolf to get any further in the questline, the only other dialogue option you have when they try to make you a werewolf is I am not ready but that does not skip the quest now does it, there is no Dialogue option for I don't to be a werewolf like the I don't want to be a vampire option in the dawnguard questline

Patches

Depends. Are we talking Vampy LORDS or regular Vampies? I think it depends onsome factors:
What type of character are you? (Magic? Melee?)
Are you a Vampire Lord or regular Vampire?
Even though I'm generally a stealth-melee fighter, I prefer the VL. Ranged and Melee modes, awesome powwrs/perks, and a good boost when in dark (I think), I have raided whiterun and brought down all yhe non-essentials with nearly no damagr dealt, even though I was being mashed in the head by a small mob og essentials.

Rimfaxe96

in the game world yes it is a choice but I am talking about the person playing the game, they are not given a choice you can not do anything else in the companions questline until you complete the silverhand quest not even sidequests, from what I Have seen forces you to become a werewolf to get any further in the questline, the only other dialogue option you have when they try to make you a werewolf is I am not ready but that does not skip the quest now does it, there is no Dialogue option for I don't to be a werewolf like the I don't want to be a vampire option in the dawnguard questline

I hope I'm not spoiling you; but when you finish the questline You can cure lycantrophy by bringing a Glenmorilwitch head to the tomb and defeating your wolf spirit. If you're playing on PC you can take the easier option and do it per console commands, alternatively.
But as soon as you cure yourself you cannot enter the Underforge anymore, nor' can you get it back (unless you use console commands, not sure about that though).

tx12001

I hope I'm not spoiling you; but when you finish the questline You can cure lycantrophy by bringing a Glenmorilwitch head to the tomb and defeating your wolf spirit. If you're playing on PC you can take the easier option and do it per console commands, alternatively.
But as soon as you cure yourself you cannot enter the Underforge anymore, nor' can you get it back (unless you use console commands, not sure about that though).
I know I know it is just on console their is no way to choose to not become a lycanhthrope, and that messages days as Lycanthrope is forever stuck in your journel and if you were a vampire before hand it says times cured vampirism will also be stuck in the journel, I don't want that in my journel, with a mod I got I can avoid it now but in the vanilla game I cant stand it
especially when the guards say you have fur coming out of ya ears when you have cured yourself

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I didn't mention the Knock Down being used on VLs since a VL can simply use Corpse Curse (Paralyze, 80 Magicka) over and over and even if you had a Magic Proof Werewolf if it was paralyzed the VL could Claw it to death.

On the Magic Proof Werewolf once again, provided the VL has the Poison Talons perk (20 Poison Damage) and at its max tier it does 40 damage with melee; it could still match the Werewolf claw for claw. Due to:

a. Corpse Curse Spamming
b. Summoning two Gargoyles and killing the two Pack Members with Drain Life, restoring health and making it a 3 versus 1 fight. (If the Werewolf attacks the Gargoyles, the Vampire can attack safely, and vice versa (with the gargoyles)
c. If the VL takes too much damage using Mist Form to regenerate health and using the Bats power while you wait for it to cool down.

Note: If a Werewolf is immune to Corpse Curse (I haven't tried it on Werewolf/Werebear) options B and C can still be used.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Depends. Are we talking Vampy LORDS or regular Vampies? I think it depends onsome factors:
What type of character are you? (Magic? Melee?)
Are you a Vampire Lord or regular Vampire?
Even though I'm generally a stealth-melee fighter, I prefer the VL. Ranged and Melee modes, awesome powwrs/perks, and a good boost when in dark (I think), I have raided whiterun and brought down all yhe non-essentials with nearly no damagr dealt, even though I was being mashed in the head by a small mob og essentials.

I enjoy the Illusion and Sneak bonuses.

One thing I like to do to challenge the VL form is to go to either:

a. Warlock Lair (Pyromancers, Electromancers, and Conjurors can cause problems, due to Flame and Shock spells.)
b. Dwarven Ruins (Automatons resist Drain Life)

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
I didn't mention the Knock Down being used on VLs since a VL can simply use Corpse Curse (Paralyze, 80 Magicka) over and over and even if you had a Magic Proof Werewolf if it was paralyzed the VL could Claw it to death.

On the Magic Proof Werewolf once again, provided the VL has the Poison Talons perk (20 Poison Damage) and at its max tier it does 40 damage with melee; it could still match the Werewolf claw for claw. Due to:

a. Corpse Curse Spamming
b. Summoning two Gargoyles and killing the two Pack Members with Drain Life, restoring health and making it a 3 versus 1 fight. (If the Werewolf attacks the Gargoyles, the Vampire can attack safely, and vice versa (with the gargoyles)
c. If the VL takes too much damage using Mist Form to regenerate health and using the Bats power while you wait for it to cool down.

Note: If a Werewolf is immune to Corpse Curse (I haven't tried it on Werewolf/Werebear) options B and C can still be used.

Not if i weave in and out of it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Werewolves are immune to paralysis effects.

Nighthiker77

So far I've always felt weaker in beast form or vampire Lord form than human form. Maybe it is an experience issue, but I'm giving the nod to Akatosh.

tx12001

So far I've always felt weaker in beast form or vampire Lord form than human form. Maybe it is an experience issue, but I'm giving the nod to Akatosh.
when I first used vl form it did appear weak adept and up but I fixed that problem as far as your human form goes most ple would find that their human form is stronger but not me

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
To be honest, I barely transform into a werewolf. I only become one early on in the game so I don't catch Vampirism, as I am dead against becoming a blood sucker.. :p Don't know why. Just don't have any inclination to. Maybe one day I'll try it.. just not appealing to me.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Werewolves are immune to paralysis effects.

Thanks Dagmar, I guess it would be a challenge to fight a Magic Proof Werewolf, thanks for the info, but a Werewolf can't regenerate health (without a certain ring) but the VL could regenerate with Mist Form and by killing the Pack Members (if any) with Drain Life.

Although if it was a level 5 VL versus a level 5 (magic proof) Werewolf, the VL would have a big advantage:

a. A VL under level 10 has a armor rating of 100, a Werewolf has no armor rating.

b. The Werewolf's claws won't do as much damage, given the VL's Mist Form a Bats powers, it can get away if need be.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts