Werewolfs feel under powered compared to vampire

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
Is it me or is a fully perked werewolf compared to a fully perked vampire crappy.

Vampire have all special fun spells and can dominate but a werewolf just has claws and bites people and can only have one special power at a time (howl)

I wish werewolfs had the power to drain health with their claws like vampires.

I like werewolfs in general but this game makes me feel they are inferior to vampires.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I tried out both forms against the Ebony Warrior, the Vampire Lord put up a long valiant fight but ultimately succumbed to his wounds. I tried out as a Werewolf on a different character and won pretty quickly. I wore the Ring of Bloodlust and just kept knocking the Ebony Warrior around and mauling him while he was on the ground. I prefer the Vampire Lord though, its almost like God Mode, but its priceless to go into the Bannered Mare, go big and hairy, and rip everyone to shreds.

Ivory

Let's Player
I disagree. Werewolves can ragdoll most enemies, and their howls are very useful. I always stick with the fear howl though. Or the wolf brother one.

CaptMorgan72

Werewolves have supernatural strength and vampires (vampire lords included) do not. There power lies in magic. A werewolf can send a giant airborne, no vampire can do that. So I have to disagree that werewolves are underpowered compared to vampires.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Depends on what you do with them. While I love being a were, after I've perked all the way up I don't often find a use for it other than for a larf. You don't get any experience points from it and it doesn't help any of your skills so it seems kind of moot after a certain point. I do luv using it to slaughter vamps though. Try as you might you vamps but you never can stand up for long to my onslaught! ROOOOAAAAAARRRR!!!!!!

... Oh and killing Thalmor is almost as good - plus you get lotsa shiny golden armors to sell!

Pete

For me, the secret to being a werewolf is mastering the power attacks. Knowing how to decapitate, power-slam, and run away only to return and finish the job is so rewarding. Anytime my werewolf stops moving they die. This is the exact opposite of the vampire lord. My vampire lord moves slowly and throws spells, or lumbers when on the ground.

Neither form works well in small areas. That said, I've found that my vampire characters master so much magic to make the vampire lord form rather redundant (exception, fighter characters). However, my mages, archers, thieves and other light armor characters love this form. Ofthen they quickly abandon the honor of the companions for more 'glorious' hunting grounds.

AS88

Staff member

Lightningfalcon

Seems khajit...
Oh wait, werewolf's can summon 2 other werewolf's (brotherhood totem perk) to fight for them so the vampire will still be torn apart even if one is death gripped :D

Daelon DuLac

Oh wait, werewolf's can summon 2 other werewolf's (brotherhood totem perk) to fight for them so the vampire will still be torn apart even if one is death gripped :D
I have that perk. How does it work? I've never had anything show up. Is it only rogues or is it were's that you may recognize?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I have that perk. How does it work? I've never had anything show up. Is it only rogues or is it were's that you may recognize?
It's not the "brotherhood totem perk". The Totem of Brotherhood is the name of the actual Totem. The perk is called the Totem of the Moon. You have to have the Totem of Brotherhood as your active Totem. You can then summon spectral werewolves by howling.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void

Actually, the Amulet of Gargoyles lets you summon two Gargoyle minions instead of one. Gargoyles have 200 in armor rating, do the same damage as the Pack Members, and absorb 5 health per hit. The Pack Members can knock around enemies but can't regenerate their health.

The Drain Life spell behaves in a way like a Fireball,

For Example:

The base Drain Life in VL form does 50 damage to whoever it hits and absorbs 10 health (I may be wrong) to whoever is within the blast radius; at the max tier (Level 46+) the Drain Life does 150 damage and absorbs 20 health. It also costs only 18 Magicka.

The Grip spell you're talking about absorbs 5 health per second but costs 65 magicka per second which gets costly fast, it the VL's version of the Werewolf's knockdown ability (not sure if it works on Giants)

If the VL was taking too much damage they could simply go into their Mist Form to rapidly recover Health, Magicka, and Stamina; or use their Bat Form to travel a short distance away (like Whirlwind Sprint).

Also the summons provide a additional source of Health from Drain Life, however they only have 120 health so they wouldn't last long.

The Pack Members are pretty fun to use and can wreck havoc do to their knock down attack but they have no armor rating and not much health so they would go down quickly.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Werewolves have supernatural strength and vampires (vampire lords included) do not. There power lies in magic. A werewolf can send a giant airborne, no vampire can do that. So I have to disagree that werewolves are underpowered compared to vampires.
Atually odds are that a vampire lord is even stronger than a werewolf they are just have a humanoid body shape and don't deal as much damage in melee combat because of it, They are VAMPIRES for crying out loud, most werewolves are physically stronger than NORMAL vampires but I don't think they would be as strong as Vampire Lords, their on a different level entirely

tx12001

So let's be sure and have our werewolves catch your damnable vampires while the sun is up. That's even the odds.
I agree werewolves would have the edge while the sun is up but then what would happen if the vampire had auriels bow and some bloodcursed arrows, if I were the werewolf I would get the hell outta there

CaptMorgan72

My vampire would never be foolish enough to be out in the daylight without his enchanted rings (I use the vampire lord glitch to wear ten rings. Eight fingers and two thumbs equal ten rings, makes sense to me) and necklace. His magic and health regenerates just fine, sun or no sun.

Daelon DuLac

My vampire would never be foolish enough to be out in the daylight without his enchanted rings (I use the vampire lord glitch to wear ten rings. Eight fingers and two thumbs equal ten rings, makes sense to me) and necklace. His magic and health regenerates just fine, sun or no sun.
You are just no fun at all, are you. Invicible, evil and all that. PHBBBBT! :mad:

tx12001

You are just no fun at all, are you. Invicible, evil and all that. PHBBBBT! :mad:
what about Lich vs Vampire LORD... now I say Lord not a normal vampire

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts