• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Pros:
- Insane speed while in beast form, nice for travel if you don't have a horse.
- Great attacking power no matter your perk placement
- 100% resistant to disease (Cures Vampirism Instantly)
- Can be toggled Unlike Vampire form
- Feed on corpses to lengthen the transformation and heal

Cons:
- Prevents the Skill bonus from restful sleep
- Cannot access character screen, items, or potions while in beast form.
- Can only be used Daily and once toggled on does not last long without feeding

In my opinion, I say get it. The only disadvantage of simply picking it up is missing out on restful sleep.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Another thing to add under cons, you are significantly weaker to silver, glass, and daedric weapons, while in best form.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
- Can be toggled Unlike Vampire form
You can't toggle werewolf form. Toggling would mean you could change back to non-werewolf form at will.
- Great attacking power no matter your perk placement
Maybe at low levels but not at higher levels. Damage is inferior to damage you can do in non-werewolf form with decent smithed weapons and weapon skill and perks.
- Feed on corpses to lengthen the transformation and heal
Not really a "pro". It's just a game mechanic, especially given that normal healing is slower in werewolf form.

In werewolf form your health and stamina each increase by 100.

Except on dragons, your power attack will knock an opponent down.

As a werewolf you have a default shout that acts as a low level fear spell. Later in the game you can quest for totems that you can use in a similar way to shrines to give you a different shout. One is a stronger fear shout, one is a life detect spell, and one summons two wolf spirits to fight for you.

Wolves will not attack you in werewolf form.

Another thing to add under cons, you are significantly weaker to silver, glass, and daedric weapons, while in best form.
Has this actually been tested?

For me the resist disease alone makes it worth it. I really don't care that much about not getting resting bonuses.

Even though the attack damage and armor rating is inferior at higher levels, sometimes, under the right conditions, it can be fun to make combat more difficult by fighting as a werewolf. It's also an RP thing.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Just for the 100% resistance to disease, it's a win-win situation.

OutKast

I was a werewolf for about a month of in-game time. i think i used it once or twice, and only as a "oh what the hell" sort of thing....

the impurity to disease is probably the best thing about it. but i disliked the fact that you only have melee (and I found it was not that strong, i got annilhilated by some giants) and you can't carry anything in beast form. You have to return to the dungeon/cave/camp to loot the enemies. I also didnt like that you missed out on the rest bonus. If you make a habit of getting the 10% rest bonus, it's kind of a hinderance.

I switched back. Yeah, i'm more susceptible to vampirism and disease now, but i make daily trips to Shrine of Talos Markarth & in Whiterun.

Probably the best pro, as people have mentioned is immunity from vampirism. At low levels beast form is nice to defend yourself against multiple tougher enemies at once like frost trolls and bears. But it's pretty pointless against easier enemies like bandits and useless against dragons because of not being able to heal.

Windress

I would also like to return to Tactikul's point that Beast form can be handy for quick travel, especially when you're exploring the map as a lower level adventurer. The increased stamina and the faster recovery time allows you to run (sprint on all fours) as fast as a horse for significant distances, with only the barest spells in which you must recover stamina. I used this when traveling to several far northerly locations for the first time, and it gave me the advantage of traveling as though on horse back without the concern over maintaining the horse's life. Plus, no issues with attack wolves!

Ludgar, you can always try Lycanthropy out and if you decide it's not for you, you can cure yourself of the disease by completing the companion quest "Blood's Honor." Just make sure to gather more than one Witch's head. Or you can complete the Ring of Hircine quest, which then gives you greater control over how you use Beast Form.

Jeff31

Premium Member
I have used my beast forum only once when you get to higher levels it dosent help you much because the game gets much harder even on adept. But for fast travleing it may come in hand as long as you don't
encounter a dragon.Everyone has there own play style indeed, so too each there own I say.

Aryansa

I have used my beast form only a couple of times...the main reason for choosing to be a werewolf was the resist disease perk. It comes in handy when facing frostbite spiders and the like. For me, it was the more preferable option than being a vampire as the resist disease perk outweighed being a vampire.

EMINEMTheFallenAngel

I AM NO NOOB >:|
Ive been a vampire i like it its really good for sneaky characters and necromancers but u will hate it later my friend said he didn't like being a werewolf its not that long and u cant well sleep and he uses that allot so i say don't be a vampire or a werewolf

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts