• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
Hey guys so...I just recently finished the stormcloak quest line and...sorry but it...umm sucked, Seriously it was the same plops over and over, Oh raid a fort yay we won, talk to ulfric.... go to stormcloak camp...raid a fort yay we won...over and over... This questline was really poorly done and it just made me put the game down and now i have no motivation to pick it back up again...Bethesda butchered the fluff out of that questline.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
Hmm, yep. Same with the Imperial questline...

I feel like no fluffs were given on that day, that they made these questlines...it was terribly poor. :3

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.

Ross Blake

Master Assasin
another way to look at it i suppose that in a civil war thats probs what would happen taking different vantage points and forts/castle in a bid to win the war. I dno i felt it helped if i did a quest then some other quest then did another one... but ye i can see where you're coming from

Deeldoe

The only reason this quest line was made was to promote players to decide. When you play the main storyline you realize Ullfric Stormcloak is a monster that kills children and women without any remorse care, or even sometimes no motives at all besides stealing resources. Then you have the Imperials who a lot view as overly wealthy and don't share this wealth. So it comes down to what morals you kind of support rather than the quest itself. You will find playing this game a lot is go take out this bandit camp yay get 500 coins now go kill a giant yay 750 coins. So this is a more of a which side do you support. When you go to kill Ullfric you get a cool ass Glass sword that doesn't really do all that much. So I mean, it boils down to. plopsty storyline to find out what kind of player you are. Or you really don't give a plops and the Civil War was a waste of 1-2 hours of taking over 3 forts, defending/attacking a few cities and then getting a pay out then moving on with your Skyrim life.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Aye, it is disappointing and boring. When I first did the Imperial side I was like "that was it?!" and then I was like "okay, maybe the Stormcloak's quest line will be different...". Boy was I wrong!

I wonder why they decided to cheap out so much on the Civil War quest lines.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Hmm, yep. Same with the Imperial questline...

This. I found if during your peace conference the Greybeards host late in the main quest, if you completely side on one faction on every issue, the civil war is much shorter if you then choose the side you favored.

Wow, that was one long-ass sentence! :p

Subtle

An Unexpected Ally
I had extremely high hopes after the companions quest line as it was extremely immersive and well put together.
You think the companions quest line was well put together? Try the Dark Brotherhood. Better yet, the Thieves' Guild. Tell me how you like those

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
The tea lady must have done that questline and 80% off the other questlines aswell, it is the most repetitive questline I have done in Skyrim.:sadface:

UnLonged

True to the Name
These are the moments when cutscenes would probably give it a fine tuning.

If not, then probably a scripted way our character would execute the leaders of each faction. Killing Ulfric or Tullius with a normal attack? Meh. I was hoping for a kill cam to ensue, but nothing.

The last bits of the Imperial side was good enough compared to the Stormcloaks bit, that final speech was well and good, but what followed that was pure *echk*. Everyone else just walked on out like they just witnessed a lame-ass political speech.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I find it best to do the Civil War questline during the main quest. So you get Season Unending.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
You think the companions quest line was well put together? Try the Dark Brotherhood. Better yet, the Thieves' Guild. Tell me how you like those

My next character will be joining them groups, So i'll see how it goes C:

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I actually find the most enjoyable way to do it is to not do it at all. Seriously, besides the tediousness of the actual questline, the fact that nobody acknowledges the war being over just down right pisses me off. But acknowledgement of deeds is something that the game lacks in general, but when people are complaining about the war or talking about it and it's clearly been over...well, it's just too much for my fragile mind to take.

JoeReese

I have done both Stormcloak and Imperial quest lines. Both were essentially the same, but what was kind of fun was the battles themselves. I enjoy not being the only one fighting. It's fun to charge into a room with 20 other people and try to cut down the enemy without cutting each other down as well.

PrisonerLizzie

I have done both Stormcloak and Imperial quest lines. Both were essentially the same, but what was kind of fun was the battles themselves. I enjoy not being the only one fighting. It's fun to charge into a room with 20 other people and try to cut down the enemy without cutting each other down as well.
I call bs! You spend most of the battles yelling at the TV because someone walked into your way.

PrisonerLizzie

The civil war quest does blow though, and I have to agree that it is beyond frustrating that no one seems to notice that its over. (Well Eurlund kind of does if you do the Stormcloaks but thats about it) Either way they dropped the ball.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts