Spoiler Well I'm screwed-Thalmor Embassy

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

StewCrew14

so I'm doing the main quest when you have to give all your armour to the dude in Solitude and he'll smuggles it in to a party for you. I'm behind cause I've been doing other side quests and such. but when he asked me to give him my armour I accidentally closed the screen so he got none of it. Now I'm stuck at a point where I have to kill 3 people in a house and I can't do it cause I have crap armour and a dagger, and I'm a noob. Is there a way that I could like restart the quest or like sleep and would reset it or something? It auto saved so I can't reload another save file...

Roggan

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago, I was lucky and had a save about 5 minutes before I had to give the guy my armor.

The only thing I can think of for you if you don't have a save to go back to would be try setting the difficulty to the easiest setting and see if you can make something happen against those guards, good luck!

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
If you go past the door where those 3 guys are, in the next room there's some Thalmor armor lying around.

StewCrew14

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago, I was lucky and had a save about 5 minutes before I had to give the guy my armor.

The only thing I can think of for you if you don't have a save to go back to would be try setting the difficulty to the easiest setting and see if you can make something happen against those guards, good luck!

hmm.. I didn't even think of changing the settings. That might work, cause I can kill everyone but the mage. And I looted some dwarven armor so I have some but I'll look for that Thalmor and see if its better.

soli

Help! I've done the same thing! I've saved the game once I've been let through the kitchen, and now I can't kill any guards because they all kill me first. I watched a YouTube video where the player just runs past everyone but when I get into the next building the woman starts to attack me straight away (while on YouTube the player has the chance to use sneak attacks).

I've tried to find a video on how to sneak through the quest but no luck.

(btw I realised this thread isn't in the Help section but I didn't want to start a new one asking a question that's been asked many a time)

StewCrew, did changing the settings work? Because I can't even kill a single guard!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I went ahead and moved this to the Help section, retitled and put the spoiler tag.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
So what exactly is needed here ?

A walk through step by step ?

What are your game settings ? - Are you playing on a high difficulty that makes the quest near impossible to complete.

Even Auto Saves stack up, well they do on the Xbox so you can easily go back to an earlier save like when you arrive in Solitude before you walked into the Winking Skeever to meet Malborn. I don't rely entirely on Auto Saves, so I save often in case things go south & I need to reload.

Buzzfire

so I'm doing the main quest when you have to give all your armour to the dude in Solitude and he'll smuggles it in to a party for you. I'm behind cause I've been doing other side quests and such. but when he asked me to give him my armour I accidentally closed the screen so he got none of it. Now I'm stuck at a point where I have to kill 3 people in a house and I can't do it cause I have crap armour and a dagger, and I'm a noob. Is there a way that I could like restart the quest or like sleep and would reset it or something? It auto saved so I can't reload another save file...

So i finished this awhile ago. I saved a lot. I snuck through past all the the guards, i had to fight a few, if you get to the other side of the house there is a door that leads outside. IF you can get outside there are more guards, try to kill a few of them, and you can grab their bow and swords. I stayed by the door and went in and out of the house. Eventually they stop looking for me, all while staying in sneak mode. It is very tough. Do you have any magic? Conjure up something to help you.
Good luck don't give up.

If you have either detect life or Aura Whisper (shout), it makes sneaking past them a lot easier. Try casting muffle as well if you have it. Personally, I would just grab all the food you can see and try to run past them all, eating whenever youre on low health.

soli

Well I did it, I put my level setting down a notch. Turns out I had it a tad high. No wonder everyone I talked to seemed to just get through it by hacking everyone down.

Phew! I was on the verge of selling the game.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well I did it, I put my level setting down a notch. Turns out I had it a tad high. No wonder everyone I talked to seemed to just get through it by hacking everyone down.

Phew! I was on the verge of selling the game.

Hope it's all working out better for you. And welcome to the forums.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts