Xbox 360 Weird console glitch.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I have been playing Skyrim alot more than usual recently, and I was hoping someone could tell me what's wrong. Whenever I load the game recently, it somes up with the unrecognized game error. However, it works on my friends xbox and all my other games work. I don't know whats wrong. My friend said he knows how to fix it but he hasn't tole me yet. CAN ANYONE HELP!?!?!?!?!?

edit: Turns out my friend thought I had a different glitch, so no help there, Still no clue. Thinking about new copy of skyrim.

Duon

Graphic Designer
Have you tried installing the game directly to your xbox's hard drive?

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I cant install it, the game is unrecognized
I googled it, nowhere does it say how to fix it without work or money D:

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
yeah, Also I played skyrim at a friends house, same disc as the one that wont work on my xbox. I dont get it Im actually trying to install now cause I dont know what to do

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Nope. Also it own't let me install cause it own't ever read the disc.

I just don't get it, maybe buying a new disc will help. ANyone think clearing all my save data will help? Or just the most recent one?

Duon

Graphic Designer
If it wont even launch the disc from the dashboard I doubt it is a save problem (If u want to try though just turn off and yank your HDD instead of deleting the saves)

You could try reconfiguring your xbox with the "Initial Setup", but you might have to reconfigure your network settings after doing this.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I actually don't use Live at all so networks wouldn't be a prob. Also I have an Xbox 360 s, so no HDD. Actually, all I have is the basic memory, no harddrives.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
OMYGOSH not to be mean or jerkish or anything, but that and any other Xbox support things really bug me. They are made for broken consoles and dirty games or improper downloads. I have done this so many times I think Im gonna crash the xbox. MICROSOFT AND BETHESDA, YOUR REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!!!!! Why me? WHY ME!?!?!? Additional info:status code for error:03-80-00. And yes, I have seen the piracy update and the dirty laser problem, only the piracy update comes anywhere close to the problem, and it doesnt make sense with the number of old games I have.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Sorry for the rage, I am just tired of getting the same suggestions over and over without any change on my xbox, and I sorta went nuts. Again, I am truly sorry.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Wait I just remembered something. For anyone still watching this thread, I have a small crack on the inside of the disk, right next to the hole in the middle. Could this affect the reading of the disk adversley at all?

Duon

Graphic Designer
If the crack is over any of the inside edge of the foil then yes, this is typically where a games "DRM" is kept. If the system cannot access the DRM it will not recognize the disc as a legal game copy thus resulting in the "unrecognized" message...

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
hmmmm. Turns out yes, the entire inside up to where the actual game starts is cracked, so no matter where the foil is, its broke.

Gosh I hate my life. And I bet the feeling is mutual...

And I thought it was just a random crack, who cares...

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Thank you for the help everybody, I am glad you guys took time out of your day to help someone with very little game sense. I am gonna go buy a new copy of skyrim, cant wait to become obsessed again. Just a thought, If a friend who I brought the disc to had already borrowed skyrim from someone else, would his xbox have been able to skip that crack? Because if not, I still have no idea whats wrong.

Duon

Graphic Designer
Glad i could be of some help, and yeah if he had already installed Skyrim with a clean disc it might have been able to play by just using the DRM off your disc. This probably means that its not the DRM on your disc screwed but the game data itself due to the crack damage.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
strange, though the game itself isnt cracked, just the foil. Im gonna get a new disc and see if that helps at all.